Micromarketing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Somebody said this was the answer to grow sl

to do it you need to no who the titely focused groups are who enjoy sl

and then wear you could advertise to attract people from the real world

i have another idea about what you could do to them when they join to

but perhaps in this thread you coud suggest a group and wear to advertise in real life

one group each post please but as many advertising places as you like

(spellchecked)

since people dont seem to understand what micromarketing is hear is an explanation

would get very quiet if a lot of people start running around wearing adfarms.

Which is what you're suggesting, a way to get around the ban on adfarms by having avatars pop in on regions wearing tons of advertising as clothing and attachments.

Which will lead to a flood of ARs and simowners en masse deciding to ban all such activity.

And rightly so.

jwenting wrote:

would get very quiet if a lot of people start running around wearing adfarms.

Which is what you're suggesting, a way to get around the ban on adfarms by having avatars pop in on regions wearing tons of advertising as clothing and attachments.

Which will lead to a flood of ARs and simowners en masse deciding to ban all such activity.

And rightly so.

sorry jwenting you seem to have missed the point completely

I am talking about ll advertising to people in the real world to get them to visit sl

(spellchecked)

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I think they mean to wear SL t-shirts in RL... like "I have a  SecondLife, do you?" plastered on your RL shirt.. If LL is wiling to make them and send them to us users.. I would wear it.

i dont mean clothes that you wear i mean places wear to advertise

(spellchecked)

We could all be wearing "I love my Second Life" tee shirts in real life, and giving out key rings and pendants and mugs and all the gubbins, but while it is so hard for a lot of people to get through the initial learning curve - it not being a plug and play game - it will all be for nothing.

As it is, Second Life adverts appear when I browse other websites on the internet, so these ads must be hitting other internet users.  Its up to Linden Lab to make their web-based ads more punchy perhaps, as they are a bit blah currently (the vampire-themed campaign they did a few months back possibly was their most successful to date).

MizzFuzzyMoran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I think they mean to wear SL t-shirts in RL... like "I have a  SecondLife, do you?" plastered on your RL shirt.. If LL is wiling to make them and send them to us users.. I would wear it.

You don't see the SL ads all over the web?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

MizzFuzzyMoran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

i don't mean clothes that you wear i mean places wear to advertise

my point is that the same ads are all over the web

not different ads for focused interest groups in the specific places wear they go

(spellchecked)

MizzFuzzyMoran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

MizzFuzzyMoran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

not different ads for focused interest groups in the specific places
where
they go

(spellchecked)

FIFY.

So, why should LL pay for various groups to have ads all over the web? If you want your group advertised on the web, buy some ads.

Errsatz wrote:

With the prolifration of interventions like 
 and their more widespread use by individuals to circumvent intrusion and harvesting, what hope does any web based marketing strategy really have?

I dunno. Most people don't know how to fix their privacy settings in Facebook. The idea that a large number of mostly digitally-illiterate web surfers is going to start using things like this strikes me as implausible.

After all, we already have free programmes such as Ad Blocker, but, as popular as it is in relative terms, it certainly has not destroyed advertising revenues on the web.

And no, I don't see ads for SL all over the web. I am already a user therefore I don't get those. I get ads for places closely related to SL, IMVU for instance, or ads for places that have items that I have recently searched on Amazon or any other retail outlet that carry those items.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

MizzFuzzyMoran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

MizzFuzzyMoran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

not different ads for focused interest groups in the specific places
where
they go

(spellchecked)

FIFY.

So, why should LL pay for various groups to have ads all over the web? If you want your group advertised on the web, buy some ads.

i am not talking about specific named groups inside sl that you join i am talking about specific identifiable and targetable interest groups  - in the real world - like furries goreans dressmakers cobblers bdsmers kids or people that want to be robots not just people that want to wear bikinis all the year round even though they live in alaska

Errsatz wrote:

With the prolifration of interventions like 
 and their more widespread use by individuals to circumvent intrusion and harvesting, what hope does any web based marketing strategy really have?

I spend my leisure time in a range of forums astroturfing on behalf of various charitable causes extremely sucessfully- although over the last few years lls own attempts to use the technique have been risibly transparent, or maybe thats what ebbe meant

anyway ll is targeting those who are not smart enough even to use adblocker

I've started going to steampunk conventions in RL to help promote my SL business in RL right now I'm just giving out business cards to people I meet , but I'm looking at doing some panels on SL to help grow the steampunk community in SL.

On the marketplace, if your images are listed right they end up on google image searches, which can be an other way people from out side SL might discover SL.

From time to time I see adds for SL all over the web.  My guess those are adds target at me, as I do lots of web searches for SL issues.  So in a way those are wasted advertisements because I'm getting targeted because I'm all ready an SL user.

MizzFuzzyMoran wrote:

(spellchecked)

But you forgot:

• capitalization checked

and

• punctuation checked

:smileysurprised:   shrug-1.gif

Warning: This post has not been checked in any way. It may or may not contain multiple errors. :smileytongue:

Coby Foden wrote:

MizzFuzzyMoran wrote:

(spellchecked)

But you forgot:

• capitalization checked

and

• punctuation checked

:smileysurprised:  
shrug-1.gif

Warning: This post has not been checked in any way. It may or may not contain multiple errors.
:smileytongue:

the spell checker dont help with hat

(spellchecked)

advertising to interests groups all over the web that may have a connection with what happens in SL could be a strategy that works. like people that like to build, to script, to be DJs in a virtual environment, they already got the love for it and can find it in SL, a percentage of them may come to SL to explore the possibilities, if they find it better than the tools they are used to have to fulfill that passion, they may use it as a secondary channel for their creativty, and with time, they may find other things in SL that they like, and SL can become their primary resource.

SL is so flexible and variable, that probably they will come for one resource, and stay for the other passions they may have.

i agree that your idea has potential.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.