To all the people working at Linden Labs

Vhayjen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Get your -insert a string of bad words here that are far too nasty and lengthy to list- @sses in gear and fix this piece of crap product. Everything lags and I get real -insert bad words here again- tired of spending more and more time waiting for content to load. This shows a real inadequacy at your skills of producing a quality product. If this can't be fixed and working the right way, how do you people expect to draw any more people into your next IP when you ditch this one.

Use your brains folks. That's the lump three feet above your @sses. How about fewer lunch breaks and more desk time fixing what we pay you to work in the first place.

You could talk to your wall instead, you know? There is nobody here from Linden Lab and even if they would care for this forum, they would probably not care about your rant here. The fact that not everybody, at least not the majority, encounters your problems to such an extent gives a hint, that the problem may not be on the servers side...just think about it.

Since "waiting for content to load" is a matter of your computer and LL's servers exchanging information, the most likely cause of the delay is problems with the connections between the two.    How are you connecting to the internet, and at what sort of speeds?   And, since your computer has to render everything, how much RAM do you have available and what sort of GPU  do you have?

If content has suddently started taking longer to load than normal, you might try disconnecting your modem from both your computer and the power supply, leaving it a minute or two, powering it back up and then, when you've established a new connection, reconnecting your pc and logging back in.

This will force a new connection to LL's servers and, with luck, avoid any delays en route.

You might also want to try the experimental "Interesting" viewer at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers,   This is a new viewer, still in development, that's designed to reduce the time it takes for places to rez.

How are you pray to what the majority are experiencing...

Im having the same problems as the op and more besides....tps not working , lag at an appalling level crashes up to the worst level in the seven years Ive been here.... and if its down to this new server system I say put it back to how it was.....oh and I know quite a few more having the same problem....

Oh and if the op happens to be paying premium membership and tier I think its pretty poor that lindens wouldnt care about his 'rant' ...and its a damn pretty shoddy show that Lindens dont use their own forums as mouthpiece.... probably because they know a large number of users would want to remonstrate vigourously and get some of their questions and concerns answered....

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

[postED 2:20 PM PST, 08 February 2014] We are undergoing unscheduled database maintenance. During this time, some services including the Marketplace may be inaccessible, and some inworld services may be slow to respond. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions. Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please keep an eye on this blog for further updates.

Interesting that on another thread a user claims shes having the same problem as the person who started this thread....its intriguing what she has to say

'Yes, the viewer freezes because your connection is dropped. I had a similar problem about a week ago, but it lasted for a couples days only. I found out that SL network was sending bogus packets to my modem, trashing the connection until it dropped.'

They were doing something like this last year .....

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/SL-and-Net-Crashes/m-p/2474251/highlight/false#M13641

Obviously SL has issues from time to time , no one is denying it. However it doesn't happen all the time and if someone constantly experiences what the OP is complaining about than it probably isn't the grid. 

Yeah I know, you and the OP probably have a perfect million dollar computers and it just isn't possible for anything go wrong on your end.  That attitude isn't going to fix the issues though.

It is possible for a number of people to have similar issues without it being the grid at fault because they all have problems that are similar on their end or problems that result in the same symptoms.  When the grid is at fault then most everyone has issues.  Not everyone has the issues the OP complains about. I know I don't and a lot of people I know don't either.  I do have issues from time to time but usually there is a post on grid status that explains it, or a reinstall of my viewer or some other fix on my end is needed.  Once I take care of it the problems go away.

Coming on here ranting does no good.  Asking for help and giving specific information about the problems, what messages you are getting and posting system specs and ISP info does though.  I expect this advice will fall on deaf ears though.

I've been in SL nearly seven years now and the current product, while not perfection, is hugely better than it was when I rezzed.  Still, it was interesting enough and I was curious enough about it to stick around.  I started with a laptop computer that was not meant for 'games' so my experience was challenging to say the least.

You have not been around long enough to recall Maintenance DAY.  Right.  It was on a Wednesday and lasted six hours or more.  All one saw on the viewer splash page was a picture of apes banging about with wrenches.   The maintenance and rolling restarts that happen now are much less of an intrusion.

There are many on the forum who might give you specific advice on how to improve your overall experience if you would post specifics starting with your computer specs (you can get from Help/About <viewer name>). Just copy and paste to this thread if you like.

Venus Petrov wrote:

There was a lot more laughing when stuff like this would happen.  Crossed eyes, suddenly folding over, etc.  Seems some of the newer residents (within the last couple of years) don't find joy in the craziness that SL can sometimes be.  Perhaps they need surnames  :matte-motes-bored:

From what I've seen, any given person's complaint level is basically a mathematical constant. Someone given to complaining will complain the same amount regardless of the level of the problems judged on some sort of absolute scale. For example, your post sounds like a pretty standard "Darn kids get off my lawn" complaint, while this post is a bog-standard "Oh like you were any different - let me get the logs" complaint.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.