SL and Net Crashes

JoSparten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HP 64 Bit Win 7 Home Premium SP 1
AMD A6-3620 APU Radeon  HD Graphics 2.20GHz
8GB RAM
842GB of Free Space

Charter ISP 30Mbps Connection Speed (last tested at 32139 kbps)

Hello, I have the above computer, everytime I come to world all is well for the first five or ten minutes. when i TP to a club, my avi freezes, and the viewer becomes unresponsive, after five minutes or so i shut the viewer down, go on to the net and find out my browser sent me a crash report. then i cannot log back onto net until i unplug my modem, and restart my system, plugging the modem back in as the system is restarting. this is happening on all viewers i have tried on different computers, SL Viewer, Firestorm, and Singulairty. 

This has been going on since about the 25th. My ISP tells me there is nothing wrong but do see connection losses, they suggest I come to SL but seeing I am not a premium member, they will do not help me so I came here. What am I missing? Anyone?

HP 64 Bit Win 7 Home Premium SP 1
AMD A6-3620 APU Radeon  HD Graphics 2.20GHz
8GB RAM
842GB of Free Space

Charter ISP 30Mbps Connection Speed (last tested at 32139 kbps)

the specifications you mention have no affect on the freezing you are experiencing.

8GB is plenty for Second Life, Processor would not have anything to do with the freezing unless the unit is heating up and the fans are over-working.

Send me the model of your grapthics card.

Yes, the viewer freezes because your connection is dropped. I had a similar problem about a week ago, but it lasted for a couples days only. I found out that SL network was sending bogus packets to my modem, trashing the connection until it dropped.

Maybe today's unscheduled network maintenance is related to that issue... But of course we'll never know for sure about the mess that must be going on at the Lab these days — we only experience it.

There are numerious reasons for the problem you are seeing. They range from a router problem to somethig on the SL server side. You can sort out what is by reading: Trouble Shoot your SL Connection.

If you find it is a router problem get the HTTP RC Viewer. Before you install it set your viewer's Preferences in SETUP to enable auto-update AND RC viewers. Otherwise turn off auto-update.

The viewer will use some of the new stuff in the servers to reduce the load on the router. Both viewer and servers are  in developement. So, you may still run into problems. But, those problems will be reported to the correct team when the viewer crashes. Otherwise file a JIRA bug report.

Also use the viewer's top menu's HELP->About... to get the data on your computer. That will give us the version numbers we need to help you. You can grab that info even before you login.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.