Underwear - system or mesh?

tinaplick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I now have reasonably good shape, skin, and hair (non-mesh). I (as an extreme newbie) am beginning to build my wardrobe, starting with underwear. First, should I get system or mesh (or anything else, if there is anything else) bra and panties? I will think about other clothes later, just underwear for now. Any other tips or opinions?

Most people don't wear underwear in SL unless they are wearing clothes that may flash their naughty parts OR they are just wearing underwear only.  There is free underwear available that is good enough for that.  I'd put my money into buying clothes.

If you will be wearing underwear only then you can go either way.  If you are wearing it under clothes, than system is the way to go.

I always wear a bra, panty, and usually slip and cami, in SL (except, of course, under bathing suits and nighties). I strongly recommend system underwear. There are too many problems with mesh. For starters, it is difficult to get it to fit. You usually have to modify your avi's breast and other things to fit the garment. Else it will appear too big with space between your bra and your skin, or too small with parts (such as nipples) sticking out.

There is plenty available in system.

I would always use system and NON-Mesh Clothes in general. All of the mesh seem to be in standardized sizing lately and it almost always requires you to change your shape. Granted its a moderate change but IMO if I am going to spend 1000L+ on my shape .. I want to keep it. May be old school SL but its only my opinion.

Chellynne Bailey wrote:

o.O

Why would you spend money on a SHAPE? They're sliderrrrsss. Make your own! >< (Or grab a mod freebee and modifify it!)

Why, oh why then would any one buy anything in SL?

Any of us can rez a prim and torture it into just about any shape we want and texture away to our hearts content.

But yes, shape and connect two prims together in a way that no one else has ever shaped and connected two prims, some Avatar will buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

For something that hugs the body in real life like underwear and lingerie, I would always pick system clothing for that on SL. In my opinion mesh is more for things that aren't skin-tight. I've seen plenty of mesh underwear but I think the only purpose they really serve is to fix the overly-deep buttcrack that you can see from the side, or to make it look a little more realistic where the underwear stretches over that area rather than dips into it. Mesh underwear can look cute, but it's awkward in some poses because alphas are really limited for such a tiny area to cover. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.