Looks like the deletions have started

Deja Letov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I checked early this morning and we had 2,518,726 listings. Right now we have 2,491,898 listings. Down by almost 27,000 listings already. Won't be complete until the 19th but I'm really curious as to how many listings this is potentially going to kill off.

Take that back, down to : 2,490,906 

Guess it will dwindle down slowly.

Ya I think they are, and it seems to be jumping around too. It went down really low for me a bit ago and then jumped back up.

I also noticed that search is TOTALLY jacked right now. I went into my own store and sorted by Best Selling items, and aside from my 2 1L items, all the rest of the items on the first page are actually items I haven't sold in well over a year. I'd say they were my worst selling items. I went a good 3-4 pages in and most of the items on those pages are holiday related (christmas) and aren't selling at all right now but are at the top of my list. Guess our sales will be crap until this is all done as well.

Don't think the Bestselling filter in ones store is any more screwed up than it was before this. Mine never sorted my products from bestelling to least selling to begin with =/ Always showed me my products in a random order with no rhyme and reason.

There are still merchants scrambling....or not scrambling in some cases(whistles) to get their products migrated. So expect to see that number jump up and down for a while. It's going to, even after the cutoff date. I imagine that, despite a magic cut off date, the lab will still be yanking things for a while.

I also expect that once mbs are shut down entirely, the whole product number will skyrocket. When, I don't know, and couldn't give a good guess. But I'm quite confident it will. Because people will no longer need a place to set out a mb. And, for the most part, bugs notwithstanding, setting up a store on MP with the dd system isn't all that difficult for most people. It seems only a handful of us really have any sort of major issue that would make opening a store, or filling one, difficult.

But if it helps your number count at all, my store went down by 65 items because I was too lazy to migrate them before the cut off, lol. They're all due for an update or seven anyway,

Good thing I proof read this first...count should always have an o in it :o

I really should get back down to business.

Well, I'm sorry for my ignorance, but can someone tell me what is the purpose of this change?

I've been away from SL for over a year and I only found out about this on April 2 when they took over +100 items I had, some items still missing no matter what I do to get them back, I replaced the item and I even tried to create a new listing and after updating the list, it dissapears again and let's not talk about those who are impossible to "activate" because the option is disabled it doesn't matter for what kinda of object you replace it, I'll wait after 19th to send a ticket, well, no ticket because when I try to send a ticket under marketplace it gives me Error -.-! So live chat ftw

But after all, I hope now that they are taking the time to do all this migration thing, they take the time to actually fix the bugs and add new featurings for merchant home and fix the rating issues as well.

Rya Nitely wrote:

They may be doing it from oldest first. I've been watching those, and up until yesterday the first several pages (i stopped paging after a while) were all still using magic boxes. All gone now or changed to DD.

From the very old accounts there are people who have once paid an amount and get a life time free premium account for that. So there might be magic boxes on these old premium lands, from people who never or rarely login to SL. I don't think we will see the merchandise from those boxes coming back as DD.

1,851,406 items as of 8:19am SLT

Cameron Vasiliov wrote:

I've been away from SL for over a year and I only found out about this on April 2 when they took over +100 items I had, some items still missing no matter what I do to get them back, I replaced the item and I even tried to create a new listing and after updating the list, it dissapears again and let's not talk about those who are impossible to "activate" because the option is disabled it doesn't matter for what kinda of object you replace it, I'll wait after 19th to send a ticket, well, no ticket because when I try to send a ticket under marketplace it gives me Error -.-! 

I hope something here can help:

Tari Landar wrote:

Good thing I proof read this first...count should always have an o in it
:o

In the words of Slappy the Squirrel: 
 "Now THAT'S....comedy'.

Deja Letov wrote:

I checked early this morning and we had 2,518,726 listings. Right now we have 2,491,898 listings. Down by almost 27,000 listings already. Won't be complete until the 19th but I'm really curious as to how many listings this is potentially going to kill off.

Take that back, down to : 2,490,906 

Guess it will dwindle down slowly.

It's down to 2016287 now, over half a million listings removed, nearly 20%.of the original total.

But as someone predicted already, you have merchants who have just now suddenly discovered their stores are gone, and are scrambling to get their stuff listed again. (Except that it looks like without MB listings to replace, after migration they have to be listed one by one.)

I think you must be leaving out the Adult search paramater.  I have not seen it dip below 2 million here.  In fact it bottomed out at around 2,025,000 or so for me, and has been creeping back up again slowly.  It is currently sitting at 2,031,573 on my search.

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I think you must be leaving out the Adult search paramater.  I have not seen it dip below 2 million here.  In fact it bottomed out at around 2,025,000 or so for me, and has been creeping back up again slowly.  It is currently sitting at 2,031,573 on my search.

I was going to say the same thing, I've not seen it get below 2mil with all maturity ratings selected. I'd guess it's pretty much down with the deletions, it's been sitting at the same number and higher for awhile now for me. I think it will go back to slowly rising as people ad new items.

1779917 listings this morning.

I also considered that there is a possibility a filter is active, though I could not say which one. I have no problem viewing adult listings.

If that is the case, then I suppose the difference between my count and any other would just be the remainder.

In either case, the fluctuations are still noticeable. The count seems to be pulsing, rather than only increasing or decaying exponential to time.

The same way as I had previously suggested to another individual in another thread; by clicking  on the see all listings button.

I don't seem to be restricting any particular content that I am aware of. I don't have anything set to prohibit any particular maturity level. Pretty sure I'm age verified otherwise I wouldn't be able to go to all those naughty places and see all those kinky listings.

Maybe I'm filtering foreign content.

Either way I don't know how listings created in languages other than English would factor in to the whole thing. I am pretty sure they exist.

1,785,616 matching items found at 11:30 SLT. Increasing again but still less than the approximate 2,170,000 I started at.

Dirtnap Mumfuzz wrote:

The same way as I had previously suggested to another individual in another thread; by clicking  on the see all listings button.

I don't seem to be restricting any particular content that I am aware of. I don't have anything set to prohibit any particular maturity level. Pretty sure I'm age verified otherwise I wouldn't be able to go to all those naughty places and see all those kinky listings.

Maybe I'm filtering foreign content.

Either way I don't know how listings created in languages other than English would factor in to the whole thing. I am pretty sure they exist.

1,785,616 matching items found at 11:30 SLT. Increasing again but still less than the approximate 2,170,000 I started at.

Ya looks like that button isn't giving you all the results. I dont know what the criteria is. maybe it's filtering out demos or something. Who knows. But ya I do what everyone else is doing and just hit search wtih nothing entered and get a much higher count.

I rarely do what everyone else is doing.

I find more data present in watching the fluctuations than the actual figures, which I only consider a benchmark since I cannot verify how listings written in languages other than English rate.

Despite that fact, I get the exact same figure using either approach.

1801481 matching items found this morning.

Whoever figures it out gets a brownie button.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.