chui

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Because the CHUI is now part of the official viewe it makes sense for all bugs to be raised as normal under 'BUG' - otherwise it could become difficult for residents to know what bugs are CHUI related and what bugs relate to other bits.  Some bugs to apparently unrelated elements of the viewer were caused by the integration of the CHUI work initially.

Of course this means that new CHUI bugs are now hidden to anyone other than the Lindens, the originator, and a few others - a situation that I feel is very limiting.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitomi Tiponi wrote:

Of course this means that new CHUI bugs are now hidden to anyone other than the Lindens, the originator, and a few others - a situation that I feel is very limiting.

It was so refreshing to see all the CHUIBUGS.  And they stayed pretty clean without unnessary spammy comments even being open to all.

Needing to make any new CHUI issues as the hidden restricted access BUG issues is really a very sad thing.  We don't know any more what's going on with CHUI.  Uff... :smileysad:. 

I distinctly recall having my IMs and local chat all in the same window before. Wasn't the Emerald viewer like this? That was the last 3rd party viewer before I switched to the Lab's. All I can say is ... just use it... pretty soon the scar tissue will form and you won't notice a thing.

Bree Giffen wrote:

I distinctly recall having my IMs and local chat all in the same window before. Wasn't the Emerald viewer like this? That was the last 3rd party viewer before I switched to the Lab's. All I can say is ... just use it... pretty soon the scar tissue will form and you won't notice a thing.

You've also been around long enough to remember when the Linden viewer had IMs and chat in the same window, just before V2. I can't remember what that thing was called, but I remember it being tremendously contentious when it was introduced (by Benjamin Linden, if I'm remembering correctly), because they were separate before then, too.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Bree Giffen wrote:

You've also been around long enough to remember when the Linden viewer had IMs and chat in the same window, just before V2. I can't remember what that thing was called, but I remember it being tremendously contentious when it was introduced (by Benjamin Linden, if I'm remembering correctly), because they were separate
before then
, too.

It was called Communicate. The Communicate button combined both, while still allowing Ctrl+H to toggle local chat (if it was 'split' from IMs) and Ctrl+T to toggle IMs.

I don't know if CHUI maintains these two keyboard shortcuts - LL's standard viewer remapped Ctrl+T to control the FUI (a considerably less useful, and much less common operation) a while ago.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Bree Giffen wrote:

You've also been around long enough to remember when the Linden viewer had IMs and chat in the same window, just before V2. I can't remember what that thing was called, but I remember it being tremendously contentious when it was introduced (by Benjamin Linden, if I'm remembering correctly), because they were separate
before then
, too.

Yes, the combined communicate window came in 1.18 along with voice, Then like now, there were some loud objections, but most people didn't care either way. And yes, that "hated" chat interface is the now "beloved" one that has been emulated in Firestorm.

Interestingly, Firetorm defaults to the vertical tab layout that was most "hated" and subsequently discarded in the LL voice beta (but revived with CHUI), and also defaults to have chat and IM in the same floater.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

It was called Communicate. The Communicate button combined both, while still allowing Ctrl+H to toggle local chat (if it was 'split' from IMs) and Ctrl+T to toggle IMs.

I don't know if CHUI maintains these two keyboard shortcuts - LL's standard viewer remapped Ctrl+T to control the FUI (a considerably less useful, and much less common operation) a while ago.

Yes, CHUI restores the Ctrl+T to the 1.18 behavior; Ctrl+H never went away.

• 2 weeks later...

okay I have been with second life for a very long time and nobody likes change but this looks like it going backwards not forwards

What is wrong keeping the group separate and private IMs separate why keep everything together and why do I have to keep every window open even tearing them off minimising is not the answer

like I say  like view one Why did you think this was cool LL 

Maybe I just not looking properly but I don't think so maybe somebody can enlighten me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.