Help please...what is wrong with firestorm?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody.I hope someone can help me with my firestorm settings.

I rezzed a house which I can see totally normal with the last phoenix viewer but not right rezzed with the firestorm.

To see the difference I made pics.Please take a look.

Is it only that my firestorm settings are not right?It is not a mesh house.

Maybe someone knows how to fix that problem.Thank you.The first pic shows how it should look...the other 2 how firestorm shows it to me:-(

ok_001 forum.JPGnot ok_001forum.JPGnot ok 2_001forum.JPG

Firestorm has a support group you can join. I think you can access it by going to the Help Menu at the top of your screen. They are very active in chat and there is almost always someone on there to help you. They would be the best people to advise you and help you with any problems you are having. Also, SL has been pretty messed up lately for a lot of people, so it may not be Firestorm at all, but if it is, the support group will help you.

Good Luck!

Deja Letov wrote:

This looks like a 
RenderVolumeLODFactor issue.. Did you try adjusting it to at least 4?

that's what i'm thinking ..i used to get that same exact thing..especially with things like sculpt windows and stairs..then would realize i didn't set my RV-LODfactor..

Innula Zenovka wrote:

I'm wondering if this isn't the "missing prims" issue that
.   I get something similar now and again on Catznip, but right clicking where the missing object should be usually brings it back.

I don't think it's a problem specific to Firestorm.  

It is this issue and not RenderVolumeLODFactor

I have it all the time as i wander around 17 sims almost daily to notice the missing prim issue

Nthing to do about it then right clicking on it and wait for a fix

Ya the missing prim issue is different I think than what the OP first posted about it. The prim isn't missing, it's deformed looking. I would suggesting increasing RenderVolumeLODFactor to 4. The missing prim issue I usually just right click and it pops into view for me. Annoying too.

Opinions seem to be falling into two camps...

1) RenderVolumeLODFactor, which should be set to four or so for proper rendering of small sculpties or those at great distances.

2) Prims not being shown because they're not on the interest list. Right clicking where the prim should be places it on the interest list and makes it visible.

I've had experience with both issues and from what I'm seeing here, it looks like #1. I see sculptie distortions in the patio handrail and in the decorations at the bottoms of the posts in the lawn. Every prim I see in the "ok" image appears to be visible in the "not ok" images, so I'm not seeing evidence of an interest list issue.

I believe this is a LOD issue.

ETA: I have noticed that LOD sometimes resets to 2 after I've set it to 4. I'm so accustomed to opening the little Firestorm tools window to jam it back to 4 that I forgot about it.

I'm a bit confused, come to think of it, about what we're supposed to be looking at.   It's a bit difficult to tell from the pictures, but there seem to be a lot of prims missing from the first picture that are showing in the other two, whether distorted or not.   I'm assuming that there's only the one teleporter (or is it a pose stand?) on the lower level.

ETA -- I know the columns are looking a bit distorted in the second two pictures, but they aren't even visible in the first one, and neither is the paving and walls.   I think it's the first picture that's supposed to be showing what's wrong.

The issues with prims not showing is being discussed in this Server thread:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2013-04-01/m-p/1956737#U1956737

If I am understanding correctly Maestro Linden is saying this is a Viewer Issue.  There are some suggestions in the thread on getting the Prims to show.

I too have been seeing this for several months.  What I find most odd is that it is often the same prims in the same locations I have to click on to get them to load.   But I can find no common denominator. 

Regarding raising LOD, one of the FS Devs posted recently that there is also a downside to it, micro prims (mainly used in jewelry) may not load.  Seems like we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Oops, didn`t saw the sculpt deforming as i was looking at the yard wich on a glance looks like the missing prim issue as i saw the ground with the pilars as "missing" base

The deforming is the RenderVolumeLODFactor 4 issue, chance it in advance-> show debug settings -> RenderVolumeLODFactor -> enter 4

:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

I'm a bit confused, come to think of it, about what we're supposed to be looking at.   It's a bit difficult to tell from the pictures, but there seem to be a lot of prims missing from the first picture that are showing in the other two, whether distorted or not.   I'm assuming that there's only the one teleporter (or is it a pose stand?) on the lower level.

ETA -- I know the columns are looking a bit distorted in the second two pictures, but they aren't even visible in the first one, and neither is the paving and walls.   I think it's the first picture that's supposed to be showing what's wrong.

I don't think those are missing prims. I think they just decorated after showing the more empty looking one. :)

Yup, orig issue seems to be LOD but as far as the missing prim things, there are 2 options that can fix and one that can't.

1st one is the Object to Object Occlusion setting. When enabled, it will only rez a certain ammount of objects on your screen at once, so it will seem like the missing prim issue untill you uncheck.

When I see the missing prim thing I always go into options and check that setting because I have seen it recheck itself for no reason before, lol.

The other is speed rezzing via Daw distance stepping. If you have this enabled sometimes prims don't seem to all come in.

With both enabled I usually have great frame rates as I speed rez nothing ... woot!

I know I was the first to suggest the RenderVolumeLODFactor, but after having a second look at especially the last picture I think we can completely ignore that.

The last picture shows the distorted object from up close and I mean CLOSE. If the LoD was causing it, even a RenderVolumeLODFactor of 1 should be plenty to see the sculpt in all its glory.

I'm pretty sure it's a caching issue.

PS Setting the RenderVolumeLODFactor too high means extra load on your system, the connection and the servers. It's not in the debug settings just for the annoyance of it. Use with care...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.