The death of a beautiful thing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can feel it. The death of a beautiful friendship.

You use to IM all the time and were excited to see me.

I would sign in and Id get a message from you before I was even Rez

Now, I am nothing. Now when I say hi I am bugging you.

You tell me otherwise but I know, I have become a nuisance instead of the best friend.

You are just too nice to tell me.

I hope Sl treats you well my good friend.

Hope this isn't good by but Ill see you again.

nevermind, sometimes people move on, interests change. sometimes people get to know you better and dont wuite like you as much as they thought they did. It is an opportunity for you to grow and spend times doing other things, widen your own interests, and maybe even find an even greater friend...xx

wiked Anton wrote:

nevermind, sometimes people move on, interests change. sometimes people get to know you better and dont wuite like you as much as they thought they did. It is an opportunity for you to grow and spend times doing other things, widen your own interests, and maybe even find an even greater friend...xx

I have been through many friends. Ive been on sl a long time. Just sucks losing the closeness we had so I ewxpressed myself. I dont remember meshing with someone so well. We all have been there.

In my 6+ years I've made a lot of friends and most of them have eventually moved on or left SL.  It happens.  But I am also fortunate enough to have some friends that I have known for years and years.  Sometimes we go through periods in our relationship where we don't see much of each other but after a while that will change.  In my experience it is for reasons that have nothing to do with me.  For example:

Maybe your friend is having some issues, not with you, but just needs some alone time.  Maybe they found someone special that is taking up their time but they aren't ready to announce it to the world yet.  Maybe they found some new interest that has galvanized their attention.

Just go on with your life and hang out with other friends of find new ones.  Occasionally drop them an IM just asking how they are but not pushing for anything more.  When they are ready they'll let you know.  If they are as good a friend as you say they will eventually miss you and come back.  If not, well by hanging out with others you won't be at such a loss.

Friends come and go in SL as well as they do in RL. It is just part of life.   People that have a friend they've known for years and years and that they still see regularly are fortunate because it is rare.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I can feel it. The death of a beautiful friendship.

You use to IM all the time and were excited to see me.

I would sign in and Id get a message from you before I was even Rez

Now, I am nothing. Now when I say hi I am bugging you.

You tell me otherwise but I know, I have become a nuisance instead of the best friend.

You are just too nice to tell me.

I hope Sl treats you well my good friend.

Hope this isn't good by but Ill see you again.

I can identify with that. The main difference is the IMing on login. I couldn't cope with that - I'd feel crowded. Apart form that bit, I've had the same thing happen to me.

I'm sorry..it hurts when a good friend leaves SL. I've been through it too. I agree with most of the other posts...need to just move on. They may need some space...when they're ready, they'll come back to you.

HUGS

The main difference is the IMing on login. I couldn't cope with that - I'd feel crowded.

Zacly, Phil. Isn't it terrrible to log into SL with a full list of stuffz to do and lotsa plalns in your head ... only to be welcomed by 376 notices and a dozen IMs? And of course, since you're mostly a friendly person you click away the notices but answer all the IMs. And with a bit of bad luck half of the ppl are online and they ... respond and get you tangled up in discussions and ideas and dramas and whatnots. So aftre 1 hour you're still standing where you logged in, haven't moved an inch and by now totally forgotten that you initially logged in with the purpose to test a boat / go shopping / do reasearch for your blog / you name it.

Sometimes I think it would be nice if my friendslist would shrink for 90%. :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Orca Flotta wrote:

The main difference is the IMing on login. I couldn't cope with that - I'd feel crowded.

Zacly, Phil. Isn't it terrrible to log into SL with a full list of stuffz to do and lotsa plalns in your head ... only to be welcomed by 376 notices and a dozen IMs? And of course, since you're mostly a friendly person you click away the notices but answer all the IMs. And with a bit of bad luck half of the ppl are online and they ... respond and get you tangled up in discussions and ideas and dramas and whatnots. So aftre 1 hour you're still standing where you logged in, haven't moved an inch and by now totally forgotten that you initially logged in with the purpose to test a boat / go shopping / do reasearch for your blog / you name it.

Sometimes I think it would be nice if my friendslist would shrink for 90%. :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Could not agree more.  My friends list is relatively small because I generally keep it to friends, not everyone to whom I've ever said hi.  I even have several friends where we are not on each others' friends list because we know we can just pull up the other's profile and IM if we wish to contact the other.  Fortunately there is currently no one on my friends list who does the instant login IM thing, but one person irked me with doing this constantly until I muted him for awhile.  He's now unmuted, we had a "chat" and he doesn't do that anymore. ;)

Make a new you, find something new to do.. or just leave and come back.. :)  It is your choice, nobody will force you to return.. and 'm not being rude about that bit, it's refreshing to leave and see the world outside and then come back and realize what oyu may or may have not missed

Girl get out there and do the things you do best in this world..

when i feel my wheels spinning in place..i have to dance!! that's my thang..

Get in your's and tear up the road..down time is only a blip on this radar of life..

Get higher!! =)

Grabs your hand and starts dancing..omg look at those guys over there..you take the blonde and i'll take the bald guy with those hot tattoo's!! :P

it won't stop there..

Shopping spree and them wondering where we are :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.