TPing in public places naked

Jazleen Raynier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing how others will see us until somebody tells us.  In one region you might see yourself clothed and also others might see you clothed.

Then after TP things can change.  You might still see yourself ok, others might see you naked.  Or it might happen that after TP you see yourself as a cloud and others might see you fully clothed.

But nothing to worry, when the server side avatar baking will come into effect these glitches shouldn't occur anymore.  Maybe after a month or two we will have that better more reliable avatar baking system in SL.

I avoid that by usually wearing not many clothes and attachments in the first place. :smileyhappy: And if it happens that I appear somewhere in my birthday dress I never get any complaints (only by maybe the one or other cranky uptight jelly resident) since I'm such a yummy little avie. So all is good. :smileytongue:

Nevertheless on the technical side of things I made it kinda habit to rebake a couple times when I arrive at my destination.

Back when that was a frequent problem for me, I used to have an alt looking at me from a different viewer with different cache folder, etc. Sometimes a trusted friend did the trick.

Nowadays I just wait until my avatar fully rebakes on its own between 5 and 20 second after I make my last layer-based outfit change... that spontaneous rebake coincides in fact with the moment your changes become visible to everyone else, so I just have to wait for that.

On the rare occasion where that doesn't quite happen, I just re-wear the whole outfit (which I always save) from my inventory, since that seems to force a higher rebaking priority; or I just relog. No big deal.

Hi, that happen often to someone I know... but when He change the viewer stopped to have that problem.... He used emergence and now is using other viewer like Phoenix... He usually see his avi totally dressed and sent me pictures about how he sees on his viewer and I sent him the way naked that he was!! So maybe an option is try to change the viewer 

Never encountered that after Linden-Viewer-1 times - or they didn't tell me.

Well, I usually rebake in new sims and if that doesn't help I will accuse someone who tells me I'm nude to do that on purpose and demand to stop that immidiately - that will teach them to shut up next time.

Problem solved :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.