Must be the weekend...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw something interesting a few days ago. There were the usual ads for sporting events streams but then there was a topic from one of the same names saying "I Need Money" and the only text in post was a random jumble of letters. I suspect that was the equivalent of finding a note from the prisoner in a labor camp in with your new box of Christmas-tree lights.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Yup, it was the same last week... What if you prefer tennis? :smileymad:

Mud wrestling might get my attention.

:D

:D What about wet Tshirt contests???
:P

now we're talking.....though i don't know if that qualifies as a 'sport.'

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

HEH

Yeah I am tired of reporting them lol

I got in trouble for reporting them a couple weeks ago.  The moderator IM'ed me and told me to stop reporting the spam posts cause it just makes more work for them and they already know about the spam and they are working on getting rid of it all.  

From now on...I'll leave the spam reporting to the rest of you and YOU can get into trouble.  I've had my butt chewing for the year.  

And to think...I thought the moderators would appreciate being notified of it all.  Come to find out, they don't.  

I went through yesterday and reported all the football spam. I have yet to be notified or IM'd by a moderator about such things.

It is their job to clean up the forums while it is our job to report suspicious posts to them. If they ban me from the forums, LL Live Chat will get a nice one from me, just sayin'.

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

HEH

Yeah I am tired of reporting them lol

I got in trouble for reporting them a couple weeks ago.  The moderator IM'ed me and told me to stop reporting the spam posts cause it just makes more work for them and they already know about the spam and they are working on getting rid of it all.  

From now on...I'll leave the spam reporting to the rest of you and YOU can get into trouble.  I've had my butt chewing for the year.  

And to think...I thought the moderators would appreciate being notified of it all.  Come to find out, they don't.  

Man thats just crazy. I guess the "report inappropriate content" link is just for comfort?

Thats why I dont care to report anymore spam. Not worth my time or effort. specially when there are tools and scripts with the ability to block such spam.. Makes you wonder if being allowed on purpose... lol

It would deffinately make me uncomfortable to get blasted for that considering our/my passion for these forums and SL

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

That was a stupid thing for the moderator to do. S/he probably got up on the wrong side of the bed and was in a mood. The mod was wrong, not you. It's my impression that the mods don't moferate at all (or even look) unless a user reports something. Then they are paid to moderate whatever the report is about, and they are paid to deal with reports of inappropriate posts, no matter how many reports are made. It's their paid job to do it and they should not find fault with genuine reports. If I were you, I'd continue to report the spam.

I always report one of the multi-posts when I see them, and I assume that the mods are intelligent enough to realise that the rest of the person's posts are also spam. The way it all disappears does seem to indicate that.

Phil Deakins wrote: "That was a stupid thing for the moderator to do."

I agree here. But - I can understand, that a mod gets a bit miffed, when the same thing gets reported thirty times in a row.
However, getting mean at the reporter is the wrong way to deal with that.

Suggestion: There is that 'Add Tag...'-thing at the bottom of each post, why not mark the spam with a 'SPAM - reported'-Tag
after reporting it? So everyone else knows, that the entry has been reported. Keeps the clutter down on the mod's inbox.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.