Deploys for the week of 2012-09-17

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The maint-server intended for the RC channels Wednesday morning did not pass QA and will not be released. They will continue to run the same code.

Second Life Server (main channel)

The code that was on all RC channels last week is getting promoted this week.

• Bug Fixes
    • SVC-8119: New mass-related llApplyRotationalImpulse error
    • SVC-8146: llRezAtRoot() does not set correct parameters (for sale) on rezzed object in Second Life RC BlueSteel 12.08.03.263047
    • SVC-8144: Estate Tools, Debug, Disable collisions stopped working.

2012-09-18, 5:00am: Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/12

Second Life RC BlueSteel

There are no changes or rolling restarts in this channel.

2012-09-19, 7-11:00am: Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/12

Second Life RC LeTigre

2012-09-19, 7-11:00am: Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/12

Second Life RC Magnum

2012-09-19, 7-11:00am: Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/12

We will be monitoring this thread during the next week so please feel free to post issues that you feel have been introduced by the new code. Please file a JIRA for issues you find and post the JIRA link into this thread. It really helps us out. When determining if issues are relevant or not research is key. Tracking down exactly the right situation where an issue is occurring greatly speeds up the development process to get fixes in place.

I appreciate your help. Have a good week!

__Oskar

p.s. If you are interested in helping test SecondLife in beta please join the group "Second Life Beta" in-world. We also have an email list where we communicate upcoming projects and how you can help. (https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/server-beta ) Once a week we meet on ADITI to discuss new features, new bugs, new fixes, and other fun stuff. You are more than welcome. Information is here:https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

This is not a forum thread for off-topic and unproductive ranting. I will no longer tolerate it. This forum thread is to discuss newly found issues in the Release Candidate channels. If you feel the need to have your opinions heard on topics unrelated to new bugs then please start your own thread. If an individual continues to post unproductive and off-topic comments I will take measures to remedy that.

If you are unsure about your posting please read this : "Linden Lab Official:Community Participation Guidelines"

Could be a problem... I'm seeing VERY slow rezzing and lag after the restarts. While rezzing up my viewer aint getting more than 15-30 kbps bandwidth usage - and I'm hearing the same reported by other people in the "Second Life Beta" group.

Also the release notes has the wrong version no. the rolled out version is 12.09.17.264810  (release notes says 12.09.07.264510)

Like the servers for some reason is sending data extremely slowly, affecting rezzing and object updates aswell as moving your avatar.

Update: did another restart on some of the rolled sims - no affect. Still seeing same issues.

Update: Now, after an hour of so, problem remains. I've checked my sims, both those unconnected and those connected with other regions. Problem seems the same all over.

Im experiencing a similar problem on those that have been rolled over as well .. almost like the 'rubber banding' that usually has to do with network issues. .. and some of the terrain is not rezzing completely... not the usual after a rollover ... Hopefully once all of the rollovers ae done this will clear up. I also did a manual restart on the sims under the new server...with no improvement.

Getting the exact same issues on the 2 of our sims that have already restarted. Rubber banding, periods of not being able to move at all, terrain not showing up, prims not showing, etc. However, as stated above, statistics are showing normal for the sim. Hopefully this calms once the entire grid has restarted. However, if it doesn't, this is unworkable. I had to teleport to the one sim of ours that hadn't restarted yet to do anything at all.

I'm seeing significant movement lag and slow rezzing on sims that have gone through the server roll as well. The sim statistics are typically fine - 45 frames per second with plenty of spare time. My ping and packet loss statistics show no problem at all, and I'm seeing normal performance in both RC regions and main channel releases that haven't gone through the server roll during the same login session. Rezzing seems to be helped slightly by turning off HTTP textures but it still is nowhere nere normal.

Bandwidth use seems abnormally low in the problem regions. It doesn't seem to be getting above 30kbps in situations where you'd expect it to be much higher. Again, RC and non-updated main channels don't show this behavior.

Many items in my sim have not rezzed. I am on the main channel.  The doors on my buildings have not rezzed.  However you can't walk through, either.  There is lots of lag. Parts of my land have not rezzed.

Edit: I live on Smaug on the Mainland.  I own all of the sim except Route 9 and a tiny corner that belongs to Linden Lab.

Reporting similar issues:

Extremely slow rezzing of rezzed objects (seriously ... like 5 minutes per object, at a 40 meter draw distance)
Ping Sim is in the low 40's
Time Dilation is bouncing back and forth from 80's to low 90's, with occasion high 90's spikes

If I stand in one place cam-focused on one spot, the objects out of my ROV tend to derez

Have tried some of the more typical remedies, like TPing to a different sim, dragging my cam view out beyond sim boundaries and back (effectively resetting draw and view). Frankly, it only makes it worse and reverts to nothing being rezzed and having to wait for it to rerezz

You are at 286,217.0, 274,184.0, 40.8 in Lafew located at
sim8507.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.39.66:13001)
Second Life Server 12.09.17.264810
Error fetching server release notes URL.

^^^ this is a direct cut-n-paste from the help menu

I am reading/hearing a multitude of similar complaints in most of my active groups.

Region was restarted with a rollback and rezzing is vastly improved, haven't experienced the rubberbanding, but still getting this result from HELP>About ...

You are at 286,214.0, 274,184.0, 40.9 in Lafew located at
sim8507.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.39.66:12035)
Second Life Server 12.09.07.264510
Error fetching server release notes URL.

(using Firestorm 4.2.2 (29837) Aug 27 2012 19:20:05 (Firestorm-Release))

/me grins

I can live with that.

I've just visited a few regions running on the new release - some seem affected and others don't.

If you are getting a 'cannot connect' message it may mean the sim you are trying to log in at is offline - choose another one - I always use 'Casablanca' (I can remember the name easily enough) which is working OK at the moment.

Oskar, our sim (GMI Tenanye) is having odd issues - when the map is brought up, the sim looks normal, however, when the mini-map is brought up, the entire sim is red (the same way it looks when it is offline).

All the vending machines in my shop are offline, or, are not working properly (they appear to be online, but are not responding).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.