The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I especially love when they come in here screaming!

It so warms the cockles of our hearts.

I do understand that  they may not know how to see their specifications in help/about.  But they could at least tell us the make and model of the rusty old car they are driving.

Another personal favorite is a variation like this: (slightly exaggerated, but not by much)

I have the newest, most wonderful and expensive PC in the world and the fastest most reliable internet connection in the universe, so I KNOW its is not me......

then they go on to describe a problem that we all know is strictly something on their end and of course don't post those specs because that's NOT the problem.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Another personal favorite is a variation like this: (slightly exaggerated, but not by much)

I have the newest, most wonderful and expensive PC in the world and the fastest most reliable internet connection in the universe, so I KNOW its is not me......

then they go on to describe a problem that we all know is strictly something on their end and of course don't post those specs because that's NOT the problem.

It's amazing how many of their problems would go away if they'd just listen to us and delete that pesky system32 folder.

But they all know better than us.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

LuciaRiley wrote:

y u no let me login LL?! My gripe of the day is how horrible Linden Lab Support is. I've tried contacting them and they yet to reply.

Back when LL was reintroducing office hours as user group meetings there was a push to get a support user group.  The users were saying they needed to meet with LL support to go over some issues.  At the time it seemed that LL felt they should try to improve support first and meet later.  Then the user group meetings took a turn for the worse and here we are.

My gripe of the day is I hate those who waste time on timewasters.

That and my neighbour in RL has chopped down an apple tree, and I'm sure it had birds nesting in it.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

LuciaRiley wrote:

y u no let me login LL?! My gripe of the day is how horrible Linden Lab Support is. I've tried contacting them and they yet to reply.

Back when LL was reintroducing office hours as user group meetings there was a push to get a support user group.  The users were saying they needed to meet with LL support to go over some issues.  At the time it seemed that LL felt they should try to improve support first and meet later.  Then the user group meetings took a turn for the worse and here we are.

User groups like that burn out too quickly, anyway. NCI helpers even admit to sucking

I can't speak for all, but the User Group session for Beta Server is productive, informative, and the Linden people there are approachable.  Granted, they can't (and won't want to) un-suspend your account if you've violated any ToS, and for sure if you abuse them, they're not going to stand there and take it any more than I would do if you stood in my garden and took a pee. Treat others with respect, and you get it back; pee in their garden and you get your face rubbed in it.

Marigold Devin wrote:

I can't speak for all, but the User Group session for Beta Server is productive, informative, and the Linden people there are approachable.  Granted, they can't (and won't want to) un-suspend your account if you've violated any ToS, and for sure if you abuse them, they're not going to stand there and take it any more than I would do if you stood in my garden and took a pee. Treat others with respect, and you get it back; pee in their garden and you get your face rubbed in it.

If Qwalyphi is refering to the group I think he is referring to, then actually they peed on us first.  Well, not "they" specifically but one person.  Then he turned around and gave it to us from the other end.

And yeah, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that.

@ Perrie too

I sees where you're both coming from, but in a way you can see why they wouldn't have a direct support user group, because there'd be too many alts of suspended people coming forward saying 'no fair u ban me' etc., and it'd just end up being a counter-productive session as regards the others who had made the effort to go along and make suggestions for improvements for the majority of residents.

On the flipside of that, I did send a couple of emails to one of the Linden people who used to attend one of the now-disbanded office hours sessions - I'd gone to one of the meetings and it was too busy, everyone wanting air time, and an hour just was not long enough or good enough.  A couple of my suggestions looked to be taken on board and beta tested for a while, which was pleasing, but it all seems to boil down to lack of staffing to deal with all our needs (and I know that is a really poor excuse - they must be making the money).

And gripe of the day I have, which continues from yesterday's gripe of the day really, the bl**dy fools who get themselves suspended are like the kids that used to sit at the back of class disrupting, and dragging us all down to their level. Hated it then, hate it now. 'no fair they don't ban them altogether'. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Lindens rely on Residents to provide support in the Answers & Forums.  Those Residents say they need some dialog with Support because there are issues they should go over together.  Lindens are too busy?  Someone might cause a problem?  idk.

The gods don't 'dialog' with residents! If they speak you must simply be amazed & praise them, not try to converse with them.

What were you thinking? Now get back to your cargo cult and hope the heavens reveal another sign.

Marigold Devin wrote:

@ Perrie too

I sees where you're both coming from, but in a way you can see why they wouldn't have a direct support user group, because there'd be too many alts of suspended people coming forward saying 'no fair u ban me' etc., and it'd just end up being a counter-productive session as regards the others who had made the effort to go along and make suggestions for improvements for the majority of residents.

On the flipside of that, I did send a couple of emails to one of the Linden people who used to attend one of the now-disbanded office hours sessions - I'd gone to one of the meetings and it was too busy, everyone wanting air time, and an hour just was not long enough or good enough.  A couple of my suggestions looked to be taken on board and beta tested for a while, which was pleasing, but it all seems to boil down to lack of staffing to deal with all our needs (and I know that is a really poor excuse - they must be making the money).

And gripe of the day I have, which continues from yesterday's gripe of the day really, the bl**dy fools who get themselves suspended are like the kids that used to sit at the back of class disrupting, and dragging us all down to their level. Hated it then, hate it now. 'no fair they don't ban them altogether'. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

I'm not at all saying it was all bad. 

I got some very positive responses also in private communication with a few Lindens.

Funny thing is that some of the most helpful and Resident praised Lindens are no longer there.

Maybe they were spending too much time on customer support. 

With out us Resident helpers, Second Life would collapse almost overnight.

Could you imagine what would happen if we replied "you need to ask a Linden" to every Newb's question both In World and in this Forum?

• 4 weeks later...

Marigold Devin wrote:

@ Perrie too

A little SL inception. There are fools even here who sit in the back of the class, talking over the lecturer. Smoking in class (smoking in SL really? I mean who had that brain fart?) some feather brain telling us all how hard her new roll up keyboard is to type on. And when little 'ol me tells them to raise there hands if they have a comment, how the vitriol flows. Made me want to find my soap and wash their avatars mouths out.

/me smiles happily as the lecturer boots there sorry backsides to wherever they came from

gripe of the day done :) have fun :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.