Robin Gibb Dies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Weird how when super stars die. They die in 3s

Witney

Donna Summer

Robin Gibb

One dies . 2 others follow

Sorry to hear he lost his bout with Cancer.

Do they?  What timescales are you operating to or what's your definition of a superstar?  For instance, Chuck Brown, Donald Duck Dunn, Adam Yauch, Tommy Marth, Levon Helm and Davy Jones have all died after Whitney and before Donna Summer.

there has been a lot of death in the past few months.I was reading this year and the next 5 will have the biggest death rates ever as the baby boomers move into their 50/60s due the large numbers they represent of the population worldwide.

Sy Beck wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Witney

Donna Summer

Robin Gibb

Do they?  What timescales are you operating to or what's your definition of a superstar?  For instance, Chuck Brown, Donald Duck Dunn, Adam Yauch, Tommy Marth, Levon Helm and Davy Jones have all died after Whitney and before Donna Summer.

My thought exactly... and there are more.  I just can't be arsed to look that crap up atm.

...Dres

i didn't hear about Robin Gib until last night while watching the billboard awards..

i love the song at the end of saturday night fever..i just get lost when i listen to it and too much heaven..

and i remember watching their reunion concert they did on HBO in like 2003 i think?they were so good live..

again so many good songs and talent that is leaving us..

but these two are my favorites they did..

also the billboard awards really made me mad cutting to a commercial while doing a tribute to Donna Summer..

my tummy turned and i was yelling at the tv..

i just turned it off when they did that..

how cold..

yes. the commercials crapola is totally out of control on TV. 10 minutes of content followed by 15 minutes of commercials is just too much.

As for everyone dying? yes we are all dying of cancer. Apparently nothing can be done about it. Except to buy more expensive pharmacom drugs that make it all worse.

Ann Otoole wrote:

yes. the commercials crapola is totally out of control on TV. 10 minutes of content followed by 15 minutes of commercials is just too much.

As for everyone dying? yes we are all dying of cancer. Apparently nothing can be done about it. Except to buy more expensive pharmacom drugs that make it all worse.

i have a friend that is fighting leukemia right now..his prescription medicine is over $1,000 u.s.d. a day..

i about fell out of my chair when i heard that..

Sy Beck wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Witney

Donna Summer

Robin Gibb

Chuck Brown, Donald Duck Dunn, Adam Yauch, Tommy Marth, Levon Helm and Davy Jones

Super Stars? them? Never heard of any of them . maybe I should have said "A"  listed super stars lol "Icons"

Except Davy Jones I forgot about him......

Was just a simple little thought. Thats all lol

God bless them all either way

Penny Patton wrote:

A lot of amazing people have been dying, it's kind of frightening even.

Adam Yauch, Moebius, John Fairfax, Don Cornelius, Whitney Houston, and many others all since about December.

When I was a child, I knew maybe 10 famous peoples names. now, I know of ones that where around before I was born and I am NOT a movie buff! It means....well....we are old people....wow, you are right...that is scary....ah, I didn't think of it that way.

We could chuckle and pretend it is a conspiracy and they are all happily loaded into a virtual world and never felt any pain in thier flesh and that we ourselves will be allowed one day because...well...it must be kept a secret. All you have to do is get to a hospital or get an EMT there fast enough and you are uploaded! NO death, we will live forever....your avatar may even be there! Enhanced with the great new particle based physics system and you will be able to feel and be truly alive, more alive...ultralive! Even urination will be sureal! You can urninate over the top of buildings or bore holes through space and time or something!!! Just depends where you put the scritp....hopefully you won't accidentally put it in urine though.....I can't imagine someone getting a teleport message in urine....it might work if they are in a snowy area though! Buy...yeah, it will awsome...but for some reason I bet we still have to go to the bathroom...I just have a sneaky suspicion particle based physics engines will be like that....otherwise, how can we drink cool fresh lemon juice! I gues maybe we cna teleport script into the dirt...but, still...it is the idea of that extra scritp named 'pee' that bugs me. Oh well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.