Sad downward lip trend :-(

Coby Foden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can laugh at people for how they look, all you want.   If it makes you feel better to call people names, go right ahead.  I don't know about you but I was raised to treat people with kindness and respect but I understand if you weren't.   And we wonder why young woman today think they have to look a certain way because of society.  It's really sad when the uglyness of real life bleeds over into second life, a place where people should be able to be free of judgement.  

• Like 1

FairuzaB wrote:

the uglyness of real life bleeds over into second life.

I like that sentence...

Just sayin' ;)

And we, people, are a special kind of creatures, still not completely able to turn off or hide some parts of our personalities. Meaning when socializing with other people in sl, we give and get the whole person, with all flaws and past experiences.  

Same as in rl, we are supposed to be able to handle the fact that some of our friends are just not so pretty as we would like them to be. And those people are supposed to handle the fact that they are trully, fully, purely ugly to some other people. And all together are supposed to be able to say our opinions. Good and bad.

Everything else is just childish. 

Peace ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised you make such a statement with that signature of yours . So everytime you see a "certain avatar Look" they all act this way? What is that word called when you classify a group of people ...with or without negativity?

• Like 1

"Same as in rl, we are supposed to be able to handle the fact that some of our friends are just not so pretty as we would like them to be." haha  you are kidding me, right? I can't stop laughing at your post full of yourself. Just like one person who can't post their RL pic because they are too damn good looking lmao

I actually feel sorry for anyone who can't tolerate others. And no this is BASHING you can rename it whatever you want, if a person runs an avatar you are attacking their personal taste, creativity, likes, oh the list is long. I find something good in everyone I guess I am just like that. I bet there is something unique about you also :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

someone pointed out over at the SLU forums that the face is taken from certain artists..which when i seen the image it's pretty easy to see..

though they don't have horse ridign crotch and all the other stuff..the faces are inspired  from there no doubt..

have a look for yourselves and see what you think

http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/1535950-post13.html

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Dude looks like a lady.

he looks like carly simon with a frown hehehe

only he has more wear and tear on him than her...she still looks pretty..

the sad faced avatars..a lot of them look pretty i think in their own kind of way like that one picture in that one link..

i'm just curious of why they have the hips really wide and the legs so skinny with that gap..

i am wondering what started that..just for a trivia kind of thing hehehe

I didn't realize this until now... but I don't buy products that I see on marketplace if there's an avi like that wearing it. It's not something I did consciously... I really think a sadface is... sad, and why would I want to emulate sadness?

I did "try on" a few of those shapes, and, not to bash the merchants, but it was just horrible looking at my avi's face. And the pencil legs, with a sad face? It just doesn't look healthy. o.O

Like the song says "When you're smiling... the whole world smiles with you". I think it works that way in SL, too. :P

• 3 weeks later...

When you frown out of sadness the corners of your mouth are pulled downward. The lower lip is compressed between the corners and appears bigger than normal and the upper lip is stretched across the teeth and looks thinner. As humans, we really, really focus on the face to read each other's emotions and we are all very good at it. It's like looking at a person faking a smile. We know there is no genuine amusement or happiness. It's the same with this frown. It's not genuine. Try making a frown with a large upper lip and a pulled in lower lip with your own real life face. What kind of face does that evoke? For me its an expression of someone pretending to be dumb.

However, I honestly think this frown is the result of something else. A lot of new skins have a 'teeth' option where it appears your avatar has their mouth partially open with their teeth showing. With a skin that has teeth in it, the look makes sense. It woud like like Linda does below. Anyways, that's my theory.

lindea evangelista.jpg

• 1 month later...

I love to hang out at the techno clubs and listen to some great music. I find these places however, mostly populated by mesh wearing, tattoed and peirced female avatars that are following this downward lip trend. Most of them dance together and they always have a bunch of male avatars hanging out with them as well. It's like they are part of a cool kids club and I don't belong. I feel like I am back in highschool. My "normal" avatar looks so out of place. Is all of this in my head or do other people feel this way too?

• 2 months later...

I'm with you DA74. Seeing all these people like this does kinda give you that out of place feeling. However, I couldn't care less!

As a man who logs into SL. I love chatting with beautiful women or in this case beautiful avas. However this trend of this sad lips has clearly kept me away from them. I know it's the younger crowd doing this mostly but come on none of that is attractive.

Who would want to bother getting to know an emo girl? Or a girl who thinks having excessively wide hips is sexy? Or that fish lips is hot? Her sense of fashion is so out of whack I even notice it as a guy. Come on people!

I can't be the only guy in SL who thinks like this. Men step up! Speak out! This isn't normal! Real women don't look like this!

To anyone who thinks I'm a bad person for judging. There's something you must understand, I can't change what I'm attracted to and if a woman wants to look like a fish I won't bother her. Send the message out! Men don't like this look.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.