LL Removing listings due to their own bug induced error

Sassy Romano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unimpressed that LL are chosing to uphold product flagging where the listing is listed as "wrong image" caused by WEB-4587.

LL this is YOUR induced error, it shouldn't come as a surprised but you're both responsible and accountable for this and the onus should be very firmly in your lap to fix it and not to remove the listing and shift the burden of fixing your screw ups onto the merchant!

Sassy Romano wrote:

Unimpressed that LL are chosing to uphold product flagging where the listing is listed as "wrong image" caused by WEB-4587.

LL this is YOUR induced error, it shouldn't come as a surprised but you're both responsible and accountable for this and the onus should be very firmly in your lap to fix it and not to remove the listing and shift the burden of fixing your screw ups onto the merchant!

o.O sigh.

For 5% commission that kinda-sorta delivers, mostly pays you, sometimes points to the wrong thing, it should come with a car wash and a free web cam.

Job security for crowd sourcing. Keep the same issue churning from support to forums to jira to internal bug reports, cycle it back again to the user for more work and support the questions about the de-lists and why you've created more work for the user.

I think this is what they mean by disruptive technology.

You don't think it has anything to do with cutting off listings for 4th Quarter products from 2010?

If we look at merchants who have massive amounts of 4th Quarter holiday product listed immediately before and/or after the 14xxxxx cluster, these are people with products that are now bound to pop more readily due to the delisting of competing products.

I wonder how many people on such a list are also going to have larger-than-usual Halloween promotions in-world this Fall.

But thats just.....ah but wait, its actually consistent. Sort of. We're making the mistake of thinking that those responsible for delisting are aware of the whole mess. Now normally, you would think the current situation would have been passed on to them.

However.....

Ha bash me i don´t care. Just find it funny that if newbies point things to Linden on this forums alot jump on and tell them "we are just residents if you want to talk to lindens file a ticket...."

On the other i stopped wonder about things happen on the marketplace :smileysad:

Monti

Sassy Romano wrote:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Hey, look at the bright side.  Now we know how to get these messed up listings out of our stores.  We just need to mobilize and coordinate.  Who wants to flag my 2 listings for me?

Done but they were both already flagged.

Hahaha.  I don't know what just happened for sure, but the two listings with my pics and somebody elses info were gone, one had changed into my info with somebody elses completely different picture, and the other I had inactivated.  There was an additional item with my info and somebody elses pic that was not there before.  I went in and changed both pictures to mine, reactivated my other item, and all is back to normal.  We may be on to something here, lol.  

Speaking of Catch 22, didn't the old guy say "No - It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees!"?

My preliminary efforts seem to suggest that the more pointedly you confront abuses by the LIndens, the less they'll actually try to mess with you.

Or I could be wrong.

We'll see.

Kampu Oyen wrote:

Speaking of Catch 22, didn't the old guy say "No - It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees!"?

My preliminary efforts seem to suggest that the more pointedly you confront abuses by the LIndens, the less they'll actually try to mess with you.

Or I could be wrong.

We'll see.

Or it could be the Quacking duck gets shot;)

I'm getting a little frustrated. One of my items disappeared and is no longer posted, nor I can I activated it. It only gives me two options, edit or delete. There is also some random castle posted under my name and brand that has absolutely nothing to do with my items. Boy oh boy, have I got some work to do.

Kampu Oyen wrote:

>Or it could be the Quacking duck gets shot**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif" border="0" alt=":smileywink:" title="Smiley Wink" />

Maybe some ducks shoot back.

Maybe some ducks are just quacking up?  Jus' sayin' 

Out of curiosity, were you a flat earther in a past life too?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.