What happened in History on this date

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good morning all!  It is August the 21st.  Here is today in History!

Peace!

8-20-2012   After 58 years of making us laugh, Phyllis Diller finally exits the stage to go off dancing with Fang. (At 42, I don't look as good in a minidress as she did at 95.)

8-21-2012   Failing her third attempt to swim between Cuba and the US, Dianna Nyad declares that her dislike of box jellyfish has grown to abject hatred. 

8-21-2042   Nonogenerian Dianna Nyad finally "swims" the distance from Cuba to the US, on her 33rd attempt, by floating on a large smack of box jellyfish trained to follow a hydrophone playing Beatles music.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

8-20-2012
  After 58 years of making us laugh, Phyllis Diller finally exits the stage to go off dancing with Fang. (At 42, I don't look as good in a minidress as she did at 95.)

8-21-2012
   Failing her third attempt to swim between Cuba and the US, Dianna Nyad declares that her dislike of box jellyfish has grown to abject hatred. 

8-21-2042
   Nonogenerian Dianna Nyad finally "swims" the distance from Cuba to the US, on her 33rd attempt, by floating on a large smack of box jellyfish trained to follow a hydrophone playing Beatles music.

If you've ever run into a bloom of jellyfish you'd hate them also.

Fascinating creatures but if I never encountered one again in the water I'd not complain.

Good morning all!  It is August 22rd.  Here is today in history!

Peace!

Perrie Juran wrote:

8-20-2012
  After 58 years of making us laugh, Phyllis Diller finally exits the stage to go off dancing with Fang. (At 42, I don't look as good in a minidress as she did at 95.)

8-21-2012
   Failing her third attempt to swim between Cuba and the US, Dianna Nyad declares that her dislike of box jellyfish has grown to abject hatred. 

8-21-2042
   Nonogenerian Dianna Nyad finally "swims" the distance from Cuba to the US, on her 33rd attempt, by floating on a large smack of box jellyfish trained to follow a hydrophone playing Beatles music.

If you've ever run into a bloom of jellyfish you'd hate them also.

Fascinating creatures but if I never encountered one again in the water I'd not complain.

I stepped on a Portuguese Man O' War when I was little, which taught me that if you're gonna panic, it's better to do it on a beach than in the water.

Have you ever heard Ms. Nyad speak? She's a fascinating creature too, and very impressive.

8-22-1953    Port Washington, WI town drunk Ian McFarland nicks himself while shaving and loses so much blood his eyes clear up. (Thank you, Phyllis Diller)

8-22-2012   The Republican National Committee sends out 113 million e-mails distancing itself from Todd Akin, taking the spam e-mail crown from the Storm botnet which held the record since 2007.

8-22-2143   Roberta Wheeler's sixth grade science class in suburban Chicago constructs an Earth piercing laser and points it straight down, hoping to drill to China. The students are shocked when saltwater gushes from the hole, leading geography teacher Steven "Kettle" Morraine to shake his head and propose a field trip to Shelby, Montana.

8-22-1953
   Port Washington, WI town drunk Ian McFarland nicks himself while shaving and loses so much blood his eyes clear up. (Thank you, Phyllis Diller)

8-22-2012
  The Republican National Committee sends out 113 million e-mails distancing itself from Todd Akin, taking the spam e-mail crown from the
 which held the record since 2007.

8-22-2143
  Roberta Wheeler's sixth grade science class in suburban Chicago constructs an Earth piercing laser and points it straight down, hoping to
. The students are shocked when saltwater gushes from the hole, leading geography teacher Steven "Kettle" Morraine to shake his head and propose a field trip to Shelby, Montana.

OH that is good Maddy!

Peace!

GOod morning all!  It is August the 23rd,  Here is today in history!

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is August the 24th.  Here is today in history!

Peace!

Good morning all!  Today is August the 25th.  Here is today in history.

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is August the 27th!  Here is today in history.

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is August the 28th.  Here is today in history!

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is August 29th!  Here is today in history!

Peace!

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i have to say these videos have become a part of my morning routine when i get home from work hehehe

i get them on my yahoo..but they are more relaxing to see in here..plus there are more links for other things here =)

I am glad you like it Ceka!

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is August 30th.  Here is today in history!

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is August the 31st.  Here is today in history!

Peace!

8-31-1803    Lewis and Clark start their expedition to the west by leaving Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 11 in the morning. By noon, Meriweather Lewis becomes the first in the Corps of Discovery to ask "Are we there yet?"

8-31-1966   One year to the day after the maiden voyage of the Aero Spacelines Super Guppy , several baby Super Guppies are spotted on the tarmac at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. With no male Super Guppies in the area, the babies become the first recorded example of aircraft parthenogenesis.

8-31-2016   The Republican National Convention is stunned when rogue delegates nominate an empty chair to run as the Republican candidate for President of the United States. When queried by reporters on the convention floor, one delegate exclaimed "In a world gone crazy, having Clint Eastwood just a non-existent heartbeat away from the presidency will assure our position as leader of the free world!"

Good morning all!  It is September the 1st.  Here is today in history!

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is September the 2nd.  Here is today in history.

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is September the 3rd.  Here is today in history.

Peace!

Good morning!  It is September the 4th.  Here is today in hostory.

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.