What happened in History on this date

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good morning all!  It's Sunday, June the 17th.  Here is today in history!

Peace!

From Hippie's post today...

1565 – Matsunaga Hisahide assassinates the 13th Ashikaga shogunAshikaga Yo**bleep**eru.

And now my entry...

6-17-2012    Not content to let the dead rest in peace, Linden Lab assinates both the name of the late shogun Ashikaga Yo-shi-teru and the underlying URL to his Wikipedia entry. (Thank you bitly ;-)

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

– 
 assassinates the 13th 

And now my entry...

6-17-2012    
Not content to let the dead rest in peace, Linden Lab assinates both the name of the late shogun Ashikaga Yo-shi-teru and the underlying URL to
. (Thank you bitly ;-)

HAHA!  They wacked that!  OMG!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

– 
 assassinates the 13th 

And now my entry...

6-17-2012    
Not content to let the dead rest in peace, Linden Lab assinates both the name of the late shogun Ashikaga Yo-shi-teru and the underlying URL to
. (Thank you bitly ;-)

Peace!

I must admit that Yo**bleep**eru is fun to say.

;-)

Hippie Bowman wrote:

– 
 assassinates the 13th 

And now my entry...

6-17-2012    
. (Thank you bitly ;-)

Peace!

I must admit that Yo**bleep**eru is fun to say.

;-)

It is indeed Maddy!  It is indeed!

Peace!

Good morning all!  Its June the 18th!  Here is today in history!

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is June the 19th.  Here is today in history.

Peace!

Good morning!  Its June 20th!  Here is today in history!

Peace!

6-20-2015     Three years after the near collapse of the European Union, leaders of the 27 member states finally ratify the adoption of an already existing currency which, unlike the Euro, is recognized, trusted and accepted around the world, and is tied to a tangable, and potentially durable asset. The new currency, "McDonald's Gift Certificates", is an immediate success.

Good morning all!  It is June the 21st.  Here is doay in history!

Peace!

6-21-2012    Sopping wet Druids battle the rain and fog in tents to celebrate the Summer Solstice at Stonehenge, unaware that just miles away, drunken patrons at a Domino's Pizza in nearby Amesbury are plotting the largest domino toppling demonstration in history.

6-21-2012    An Oracle database error results in CEO Larry Ellison purchasing 98% of the Hawaiian island of Lanai rather than the $98 lanai set on sale at his local Home Depot.

6-21-2012    
Sopping wet Druids battle the rain and fog in tents to celebrate the Summer Solstice at Stonehenge, unaware that just miles away, drunken patrons at a Domino's Pizza in neaby Amesbury are plotting the largest domino toppling demonstration in history.

6-21-2012    
An Oracle database error results in CEO Larry Ellison purchasing 98% of the Hawaiian island of Lanai rather than the $98 lanai set on sale at his local Home Depot.

Oh Gawd!  HEHEHE!

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is Friday the 22nd of June!  Here is today in history!

Peace!

June 22:

• 1633 - Galileo Galilei forced to recant Earth orbits Sun by Pope (on Oct 31, 1992, Vatican admits it was wrong)

It took "only" 359 years for them to admit the error.  :smileysad: :smileysurprised:

• 1772 - Slavery outlawed in England
• 1910 - First airship with passengers sets afloat-Zeppelin Deutscheland

Coby Foden wrote:

June 22:

• 1633 - Galileo Galilei forced to recant Earth orbits Sun by Pope (on Oct 31, 1992, Vatican admits it was wrong)

It took "only" 359 years for them to admit the error.  :smileysad: :smileysurprised:

• 1772 - Slavery outlawed in England

• 1910 - First airship with passengers sets afloat-Zeppelin Deutscheland

Good stuff Coby!  Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

Coby Foden wrote:

June 22:

At the rate they're making new errors, I wonder if their backlog of admissions will take them right into the hereafter.

Good morning all!  It's June the 23rd.  Here is today in history!

Peace!

Good morning all!  Its June the 24th!  Here is todays history!

Peace!

6-25-2012    Hippie Bowman, the curator of SLF's "What happened in History on this date" is tardy in posting the day's list. Although Mr. Bowman explained that he was delayed by tropical Storm Debby's wild weather, many believe he simply overslept after overindulging at Renate Mulford's Sunday morning beer bash.

Good morning all!  It is June the 25th!  Here is today in History!

Peace!

6-25-2012
   Hippie Bowman, the curator of SLF's "What happened in History on this date" is tardy in posting the day's list. Although Mr. Bowman explained that he was delayed by tropical Storm Debby's wild weather, many believe he simply overslept after overindulging at Renate Mulford's Sunday morning beer bash.

LOL Maddy!  I am here!  Yes I did overindulge, and yes I did sleep in!  HEHE!  Morning!

Peace!

June 26:

1797 - Charles Newbold patents first cast-iron plow. Farmers fear the effects of the iron on the soil.  :smileysurprised:
1911 - Nieuport sets an aircraft speed record of 133 km/h (83 mph).  :matte-motes-big-grin:
1963 - John F. Kennedy speaks the famous words "Ich bin ein Berliner" on a visit to West Berlin.

Coby Foden wrote:

June 26:

1797 - Charles Newbold patents first cast-iron plow. Farmers fear the effects of the iron on the soil.  :smileysurprised:

1911 - Nieuport sets an aircraft speed record of 133 km/h (83 mph).  :matte-motes-big-grin:

1963 - John F. Kennedy speaks the famous words "Ich bin ein Berliner" on a visit to West Berlin.

Good stuff Coby!  YAY!

Peace!

Good morning all!  It is June the 26th!  Here is today in history!

June 26th 1993  Hippie Bowman and LadySue Kuhn were married in RL!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.