Direct Delivery does not solve Failed Deliveries

Arwen Serpente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, DD was supposed to solve failed deliveries. At least in the following example, it doesn't. Here's an email from a customer I just got:

"Hi There. I have bought 4 dresses this evening but they have not been delivered via the market place. if you could let me know when i can expect them please. I have the order number if you need it. Thanks"

With all the other problems that have occurred with this rollout, at least the success rate of deliveries should have improved.

Thanks Dilbert, I'm very involved with the whole issue and one of the contributors to the JIRAs.

This thread was created because "failed deliveries" is not one of the issues that has been commonly reported. Messed up stores, failure to receive payment, incorrect transaction notations, etc. have all been discussed. This issue is fairly new and uncommon.

I've also started getting failed delivery IMs again from  customers. My first was on Friday. I mentioned it in here in forums on Couldbe's thread. As Stasi Linden has thrown me out of the Jira (which is the kind of blinkered behaviour I have come to expect from LL employees) I am unable to  reports issues there as and when I find them.

So far it is running at about 1 a day but the jury is still out because I think some folks are still unaware of the new 'Received Items' folder and claiming it hasn't been delivered because it ain't where it used to arrive. As DD does not require the clicking of an 'accept' button I can at least eliminate the good old mistaken declines as a reason for goods going awol.

Back to the old familiar Marketplace SNAFUs I guess

^L^

I had something interesting happen today.

Someone bought something, I got paid, they got the item, and it shows up in my order history and non-market place transaction history, but it's missing from my marketplace transaction history.

And I've had no sales since then. Fantastic.

As I've stated before, since the rollout, I get at least a couple customers a day telling me they didn't get something. Being that I wanted to know if the DD system was working right, I always ask them to relog and look for a Recieved Items folder at the bottom of their inventory. In every single case, the item was sitting their in the folder.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

As I've stated before, since the rollout, I get at least a couple customers a day telling me they didn't get something. Being that I wanted to know if the DD system was working right, I always ask them to relog and look for a Recieved Items folder at the bottom of their inventory. In every single case, the item was sitting their in the folder.

This right ^ here is excellent advise!  I bet 90% of the customer complaint IM's stating they "didn't receive my item" is because they don't know (or don't think) to look in their received items folder.

Thank you, Medhue!  I too, have had no direct delivery failed deliveries.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Gad, now this is something that warrants LL alerting ALL accounts of -- how many hundreds/thousands of times will each merchant have to repeat it until everyone knows where to look?

Exactly.  I completely agree, Miss Pamela.  They need to alert all accounts and they need to do it today.  Oh wait...it's 5:35pm SLT. 

That was my thought too, Medhue. But she really didn't get the item.

I've got some more wierd stuff happening in transactions now:

An order was marked as "Queued" on both the Transaction summary and the Transaction Detail yesterday.

The same customer now has an order that just completed (same item) - I got the email confirmation and the Dashboard shows the transaction. It is marked Delivered on the Transaction summary, and Queued/Not Delivered on the Transaction Detail. The other Order is sitting below it still marked Queued (same customer, same item).

Edited: Ok, today's order has now completed, completely. There's really some kind of lag that I haven't seen before with transactions updating. In any case, I wanted to be sure the correct info is here.

Oh, I'm not questioning whether you actually have a problem or not, only you would know that. I'm just saying that many times people just don't know to look for the right folder. I've even had 1 person insist that they did what I asked and it is still not there. I give them the product and a couple hours later they messaged me saying they found the Recieved folder.

@Medhue, something you wrote just went "bingo" in my head:

" I'm just saying that many times people just don't know to look for the right folder."

I switch between the V3 with the Merchant Outbox and the Received Items Folder, and, yes, I still use a V1 for my everyday building and running around SL. When I order something on V3, it goes to Received Items, when I am on V1 it goes to Objects, so I've gotten used to looking in both places.  Merchants would be familiar with that dynamic since we are using V3 for our businesses, but an everyday Resident might not realize that difference if they too are switching between Viewers.

@Super *waves* ~ both glad to know I have your company on this and sad to know it...

Flea, your case makes me worried. This sounds like the payment system is still not reliable...

Besides, in fact I've heard many people told me that they hardly have had sales since moved to DD or since the Search Results becoming different or since a particular issue...

very weird...:matte-motes-frown:

I've experienced a lot of what people have been talking about long before DD.

I had people messaging me telling me that a delivery failed back in the fall before DD, except for the fact that it wasn't my product. I'm assuming this has to do with the current listings mix up. I didn't get anyone's money and from the people I've talked to it seems like they did get charged. This is probably why I've noticed items stop selling well until you would resend them to the marketplace with magic boxes. It seems like databases get corrupted and all hell breaks loose. I tracked down the guy who was having a mix up and he just shrugged me off.

I've had a hard time getting all of my items to sell properly. I've had loads of satisfied customers, but it always seems like things die out and eventually only a handful of things sell. I'm starting to think that maybe the database is starting to get corrupted with older entries, the transaction gets borked, and the owner of the product has no idea because the database could be borked and it won't send them any information about a failed transaction.

Deleting all the magic boxes and resending everything to marketplace used to fix it (to the point where sales would increase by 10 times normal), but now with direct delivery it seems to be doing it to me again. I always thought it was the magic boxes, but it seems like it's the website. If anyone wants to test it, I think that if you were to resend an item to the marketplace and reassociate it, it would sell better. I'm going to try on a few items that I know sell well when the system is working, if anyone else wants to try please report back with findings. LL probably knows a lot more of what's going on than us, but if we can at least find a workaround to get things selling again, we'd all be in good shape.

EDIT: Looks like I was at least kind of right.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Marketplace-and-Direct-Delivery-Update/td-p/1462915

Something is defintely wrong, but at least they're telling us they've found the issue.

its alot better then the mesages ive been getting from customers including but not limmited to. "you are a scamer you took my money and never sent me a product"and im reporting you to linden for taking my money im telling all my friends"(with that attitude they probably dont have any so im not that worryed lol)" i try to explain things about direct delivery and how its new and is having some issues but they just reply with more threats linden realy needs to get this issuse resolved and in the mean time while it might hurt sales they should realy have some sort of warning out for customers on the landing page about the current marketplace issues and not just warn merchants.ive had three "being delivered" sitting in my orders page for two days now at this point the customers just want there money back .

yea ive had to repost a few products from the same thing happening funny thing is they cant post a review unless marketplace compleated the order and sent the product,i think its just people who dont know about the new delivery folder,ive had several people ive had to explain that deliverys dont come like they used to to the objects folder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.