Mesh enablement trouble

Ranya Palmer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Charlar Linden has now made this thread a sticky.

since mesh is now grid-wide i know that there will be more people with similar issues when trying to enable their avatar for mesh importing, and i also know that when all the TPV viewers can see mesh then more people will want to be enabled as well.

To keep this thread simple and to the point, it would be very helpful if everybody sticks to the topic and be polite and patient, if you are having problems with enablement issues, please ensure that you have a credit card on file and you have tried to take the IP test at least once (although re-testing doesn't seem to be an option) before you post here.

And if all goes well a linden may help with your issue and fix it so you can upload meshes.

I have decided to leave my original post up as well to help if  possible, my problem has been solved but there may be others with similar problems so i leave my original post below for an example.

"ok here is the problem.

late Saturday night i took the mesh enablement test and passed, but its not showing that i passed nor was my status updated.

i have payment info on file and its up to date info, and it shows that and that part is green on my mesh status but the test is still pink and i haven't been able to do anything about it.

is there something i am missing or was there a bug or something that's stopping me from having mesh status?"

I have the same problem too. Test passed, but when i click at the same option in my account i still see payment in green and mesh in lilac. i have tried to do the test again. I answered all question wrong and did it again with all questions right and it still dont works.

After it i tried it again for the Aditi-Grid (Testgrid) and there it worked instantly (showed in green too).

So, i don't know why it don't works in maingrid, i am in the Volunteers group too and i tried to upload ingame but it still don't works. Maybe it needs a time in maingrid till it's updated and works right ?

There is a know problem that when some people finish the tutorial it shows that they have not finished the tutorial. There are a few other threads where people are talking about it and Charlar said they know of the problem and they are working on a fix.

Also remember that there are two tutorials to be taken one for Aditi and one for Agni, when you are taking the tutorial you can look at the top of the webpage and it will tell you which grid you are on.

Edited: changed test to tutorial, see below

Ranya and Tommi - you both should be good to go now as far as mesh enablement goes. You do need to make sure you're in a mesh sandbox or other mesh enabled region, on agni, and are a member of Mesh Volunteers.

Also, it's not a test - it's just a tutorial. You don't have to get any questions correct to become enabled. The purpose is to help those who might not be aware of some intricacies with intellectual property in SL.

Charlar

thank you charler, i can see that the tutorial thingy is now green.

i know i have to be in the group to upload mesh at this time, my main reason for wanting to be enabled was just so i can get that part out of the way, i prolly wont really do any uploading untill mesh has been fully rolled out across the grid.

• Lindens

Unfortunately its not just a web browser incompatibility, there's a bug in some code in our internal tools. We know what the issue is and are working on fixing it. It should only affect a handful of people though, if you know of anyone else having trouble, send them our way!

I am having the same issue.  Passed the test and have payment info but wont recognize I have either.  When I log onto the mesh project viewer in aditi, my AV and inventory seems to revert back to months ago.  I don't have new stuff in my inventory, I am wearing things I had on long ago, my money is way off what I actually have, and my group list is not the same.  I am wondering if because of this, it's not recognizing I am in the mesh volunteers group when I log on here.  Anyone else have this trouble or know how to fix it?

I was able to get it to work on another AV.  

I made the manual fix for you - you should be good to go.

As for Aditi, it's a separate environment. The accounts on it are based on the last time you changed your password. If you change your password on Agni again, you'll find that your aditi account will have current inventory. We recently loaded everyone up on aditi with Lindens to ease testing of mesh upload.

Charlar

Have to add Rage. Finished the questionaire a week ago but it didn't complete. I go to try agian just now and click the link and it shows the last page as finished... 11 out of 11, I thought there was 10.

Account page not updated to enabled. Still.

Also it says I DO have PIOF but also says I have not.

Had meshes working for some time, and as recent as 2 days ago.  The enablement went away.  Not sure I'm getting what the fix is from this thread, but would like to get back up and running so I can work on conversions and testing.

Would love to get the sim I rent enabled as well, Fleur dAlouette

Plant - as far as I can tell you should be fine. Are you talking about Agni, or Aditi? For Agni, did you join Mesh Volunteers? What exactly is different from when you could upload?

Also, I saw and approved your region update. It should be happening sometime in the next day. Mesh vegetation FTW!

Charlar

Working :)  

Seems I did a clean install of the latest beta a couple of days ago thinking it was newest mesh viewer build when it wasn't even a mesh viewer.   I would swear I saw "mesh" used in the "About" window.  Probably got confused with the version number passing 2.8 though.   Anyway, works.  Me happy :)

Can't wait to see what some do with vegetation.  Lots possible now without the sculptie and megaprim restrictions.  Fun explorations ahead, and more dimensional realism.  Yay!

Thanks Charlar.

Charlar  - I have the group Mesh Volunteers / at Agni / Payment Info OK / Mesh IP tutorial passed OK / but...no became green. I am at the sim "Mesh sandbox 1" at Agni.

I cant upload models. The Mesh Upload Status continue pink colour.

Thanks in avance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.