LL: Are you even aware of this???

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I know it is a crumb, but it is SOMETHING!

Left out of that announcement was also the statement, "In the event of legal or other issues it makes it easier for us to know who the heck you are."

Sadly, although this only effects new merchants at the moment, I would non be surprised if we hear an out cry from some non U.S. people.

Though it is rare, there are some who despite trying to jump through every conceivable loop hole to get POIF, they have never been able to get a "verified" account.  I have one such friend. 

Still, I do applaud LL's action if it reigns in some of the problems there have been.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I know it is a crumb, but it is SOMETHING!

Left out of that announcement was also the statement, "In the event of legal or other issues it makes it easier for us to know who the heck you are."

Sadly, although this only effects new merchants at the moment, I would non be surprised if we hear an out cry from some non U.S. people.

Though it is rare, there are some who despite trying to jump through every conceivable loop hole to get POIF, they have never been able to get a "verified" account.  I have one such friend. 

Still, I do applaud LL's action if it reigns in some of the problems there have been.

I think its good that it only applies to new accounts. This leaves existing genuine, non-thieving merchants safe to continue their business as usual even if they can't put PIOF. What it will do though, is prevent the situation where an account gets banned for having a store full of stolen goods, and promptly returns the next day with a feesh new anonymous alt selling the same merchandise.

I forsee a purge of dodgy resellers in the near future.

YES!!!

Oh wondrous thing! when one tiny, belated step towards cleaning up the fetid cesspool of stolen faeces that besmirches our otherwise shiny daisy-fresh Marketplace!! Oh glorious day! when the warm light of Linden love and care radiates benevolently upon our uplifted countenances, as we raise our faces up from our Blenders and Photoshops to sing praises to their names!! Glory to them!! Glory, glory, glory neverending!!!!

snort

Too bad it turns out any alt can simply buy something with L$ and become PIOF.

So now all they have to do is, give their throwaway alt 1 L$, buy a 1 L$ demo, and tada, they are PIOF and can open a store.

This makes the new 'restriction' without any teeth whatsovever.

20131111203348708.jpg

Payment Info on File should mean just that: that they have a  Credit card, Paypal or other form of identifiable payment associated with the account. Making PIOF just mean they spent an L$ someone gave them makes it useless as a protection.

Darien Caldwell wrote:

So now all they have to do is, give their throwaway alt 1 L$, buy a 1 L$ demo, and tada, they are PIOF and can open a store.

20131111203348708.jpg

Payment Info on File should mean just that: that they have a  Credit card, Paypal or other form of identifiable payment associated with the account. Making PIOF just mean they spent an L$ someone gave them makes it useless as a protection.

Holy boiled bananas Batman!

This must be new.  Maybe since they re-did the Cashier?

My friend who has never been able to verify a payment Method and relies strictly on the exchanges now shows as "payment info on file."

However, my account that I use for editing poses, which I have not made a purchase in about a year, still shows no "payment on file."

Unless by Verified, they mean have a verified form of payment on record, CC or Paypal.

I don't believe that buying something on MP adds payment information to your entire SL account.  It only adds it on your MP account which is only used as the default method of payment when you go to check out. 

Note that the announcement says to check using the dashboard and the Mesh Upload Status Page.  Buying on MP does not add payment information here.  The payment info on that page of my dashboard shows my paypal information while the checkout page on MP shows the payment method as L's because I've only ever used L's to purchase from MP.

If anyone sees on their Mesh Upload Status Page anything other than no PIOF or your approved RL payment information if you have it on file, please post that.

Darien Caldwell wrote:

20131111203348708.jpg

Thats on the marketplace, I would like to think LL is talking about the PIOF in the dashboard.  Thats where the link in the anouncment goes to.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I don't believe that buying something on MP adds payment information to your entire SL account.  It only adds it on your MP account which is only used as the default method of payment when you go to check out. 

Note that the announcement says to check using the dashboard and the Mesh Upload Status Page.  Buying on MP does not add payment information here.  The payment info on that page of my dashboard shows my paypal information while the checkout page on MP shows the payment method as L's because I've only ever used L's to purchase from MP.

If anyone sees on their Mesh Upload Status Page anything other than no PIOF or your approved RL payment information if you have it on file, please post that.

I just tried this with an account that had no payment info and (until now) had no MP history under the new payment system, to see if anything has changed. The same bugs are there as from a few months ago.

Just a few minutes ago, a marketplace purchase for L$1 changed that avatar's payment info box to green on the mesh upload status page. It also made the web profile say "payment info on file".

It did not change the payment info display in legacy (non-web) profiles. That avatar is still not allowed to enter parcels that require payment info.

I know.  It is hard continually making ourselves believe that LL can be as stupid as they are. It is really beyond our ability to comprehend.  After all, if we or anyone we knew did their jobs this badly, we would be gone pronto. Yet at LL, bungling over and over is perfectly acceptable. 

Just to clarify for any doubters, I just took an avatar that I hadn't used for a long time, paid it L$20 and then with it bought an item for L$1.  Payment method added as Darien described.

Then created a marketplace store and made a notecard product

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/New-Note/5485367

Next, do the mesh IP tutorial and upload a mesh object

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Cube/5485379

It really is that bad.

(minor edit:  I just created a new avatar and was told that I needed to be > 5 days old, piof and agree to terms.  Repeated the process to buy something for L$1 and refreshed the page to create a store.  Page then asked only for > 5 days and agree to terms.  Thus it's not because the other avatar was grandfathered in any way to not be required to have PIOF like a new avatar.  I fully expect this new avatar to have a shiny store up in 5 days time.)

Sassy Romano wrote:

Just to clarify for any doubters, I just took an avatar that I hadn't used for a long time, paid it L$20 and then with it bought an item for L$1.  Payment method added as Darien described.

It really is that bad.

(minor edit:  I just created a new avatar and was told that I needed to be > 5 days old, piof and agree to terms.  Repeated the process to buy something for L$1 and refreshed the page to create a store.  Page then asked only for > 5 days and agree to terms.  Thus it's not because the other avatar was grandfathered in any way to not be required to have PIOF like a new avatar.  I fully expect this new avatar to have a shiny store up in 5 days time.)

Well that totally negates any security from having PIOF!  LL's incompetance never fails to amaze me.

I guess it was too good to be true...i hope they fix this bug soon, if not the new requeriment of PIOF have NO sense :-S

*This bug has been there for weeks, i think that the first time that happened to me with an alt (get PIOF just by purchasing something in the MP) was about 2 months ago or more...

Tiffy Vella wrote:

YES!!!

Oh wondrous thing! when one tiny, belated step towards cleaning up the fetid cesspool of stolen faeces that besmirches our otherwise shiny daisy-fresh Marketplace!! Oh glorious day! when the warm light of Linden love and care radiates benevolently upon our uplifted countenances, as we raise our faces up from our Blenders and Photoshops to sing praises to their names!! Glory to them!! Glory, glory, glory neverending!!!!

snort

You made my day, Tiffy. *Grins*

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Unless something has happened in the last six months (which is entirely possible), I added payment info to an alt by adding a credit card and it still showed as no PIOF on the website *until* I purchased something and then it "clicked in" so PIOF appears to take two steps.

GERI01 wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I just tried this with an account that had no payment info and (until now) had no MP history under the new payment system, to see if anything has changed. The same bugs are there as from a few months ago.

Just a few minutes ago, a marketplace purchase for L$1 changed that avatar's payment info box to green on the mesh upload status page. It also made the web profile say "payment info on file".

It did
not
change the payment info display in legacy (non-web) profiles. That avatar is still
not
allowed to enter parcels that require payment info.

Ok, that's odd.  My main account has PIOF (as in a credit card & my RL info), and I have purchased a number of things from the MP, including after LL changed the payment system but when I went to the link provided by LL per this recent announcement I am still showing that I am unable to upload mesh.

ETA: Ok, I read your post too quickly.  You said it changed the avatar's *payment* info bax to green *on* the mesh upload status page; so I'm assuming it did *not* change the ability to upload mesh.  Sorry about the confusion.  Doing too many things at one time. :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

Sassy Romano wrote:

It really is that bad.

Please let us know in 5 days what happens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.