... i can ask for my L$ back right ? i bought the Blackspot Sparrow

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You should contact the creator personally if you want to learn about refund options (if any).

But usually these rezzers include an option to de-rez and re-rez the item. This lets you move the rezzer, then rez a fresh version that hasn't been corrupted that way. Usually that kind of corruption is a result of trying to move it through a parcel where you don't have rez/movement rights, or off the edge of the world.

It is highly unlikely that you can get your money back.  I am betting the ship is no transfer, so how can you return it?

If it is transfer/no copy it most like not make a difference.  Most creators have a no refund, no return policy and only will refund your money if you got a defective product.  The fact it is static rather than sailable doesn't make it defective. 

You made the error of not finding out what you need to know about sailing before you bought it.  Static means just that.  It doesn't move.  I am sure that would have been in the product description somewhere.

Reed Markstein wrote:

You should contact the creator personally if you want to learn about refund options (if any).

But usually these rezzers include an option to de-rez and re-rez the item. This lets you move the rezzer, then rez a fresh version that hasn't been corrupted that way. Usually that kind of corruption is a result of trying to move it through a parcel where you don't have rez/movement rights, or off the edge of the world.

only way to fix it was derezzing and deleting and placing a new one :/ it rerezzed broken otherwise

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

It is highly unlikely that you can get your money back.  I am betting the ship is no transfer, so how can you return it?

If it is transfer/no copy it most like not make a difference.  Most creators have a no refund, no return policy and only will refund your money if you got a defective product.  The fact it is static rather than sailable doesn't make it defective. 

You made the error of not finding out what you need to know about sailing before you bought it.  Static means just that.  It doesn't move.  I am sure that would have been in the product description somewhere.

i know its not sailable the error is that it keeps breaking when i try to rotate it so its not inside of a building 

i finally found some one willing let me rez it on their land and not have me pay rent to keep it out all they asked si that i give them modification rights so i could come back tomorrow and find it covered in ponies or be completely pink or anything at all maybe i'll find it in peices strewn across the land 

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If it came in a rez box, move and rotate that box to position it.  The ship will follow the box.

thats what i have been doing and it breaks 

and t doesnt roate at all if it isnt rezzed always rezzes with the nose or w/e the long stick on front is called faceing east

Splatulated wrote:

thats what i have been doing and it breaks 

and t doesnt roate at all if it isnt rezzed always rezzes with the nose or w/e the long stick on front is called faceing east

If you  are/were trying to rez or rotate near a parcel border, or a sim's edge(from the looks of it, you are) it will do that. Not everything will react that way, it IS possible to rez things on the sim's edge without problems, or rez on the sim and then push a portion of the object out over the border, without problems. Rezzers need room, usually, to rez out an object, and personally I tend to give a good 3-5 meter range (larger than the footprint of the item) to allow for items to rez properly.

Your object may reach too far over the sim's edge when you try to rotate or rez, in fact I do believe that's the exact problem, judging entirely by your photo and descriptions.  Rez the boat further in the land, away from parcel boundaries, then rotate and get it facing the direction you want before putting it into the spot you want it.

Especially because of the rotation problem, this is also a case in which a sandbox can be useful.

First study your land in detail to decide exactly which way it should point and where it should go, then go to a sandbox, use the rezzer to rotate the item to the desired orientation for your parcel, freeze it in place, let it remove all the rezzer scripts, then delete the rezzer. Now, grab the thing into inventory as one big coalesced object, keeping careful track of the exact position of the last object selected. Back on your parcel, rez a new box at the location you want that point on the ship to occupy, rez the coalesced object on that spot, and all the rest of the coalesced object will be placed accordingly -- unless you picked a location that puts any part of it outside of land on which you can rez.

Splatulated wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

i know its not sailable the error is that it keeps breaking when i try to rotate it so its not inside of a building 

i finally found some one willing let me rez it on their land and not have me pay rent to keep it out all they asked si that i give them modification rights so i could come back tomorrow and find it covered in ponies or be completely pink or anything at all maybe i'll find it in peices strewn across the land 

Where do you find these people?!?! Who has space and prims to just let someone rezz a 400 prims ship, free of charge? $14K L for an av? What are you saying to these people?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

i finally found some one willing let me rez it on their land and not have me pay rent to keep it out...

Where do you find these people?!?! Who has space and prims to just let someone rezz a 400 prims ship, free of charge? $14K L for an av? What are you saying to these people?

Splat surely uses some magic spell HUD. How else would that be possible?  :matte-motes-asleep: :smileywink:

Drongle McMahon wrote:

w/e the long stick on front is called

I think it's the

Drongle and Splatulated, thank you both for reminding me of the banter I enjoyed with the testosterone addled captain of the old sailing club boat (Soling) we drove in college. He was a stickler for nautical terminology and I'm oppositional. Our boat didn't have a bowsprit, but if it did, I'd have called it that "long stick out front" just to make him red in the face.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.