HOW TO STOP PERVING

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LincolnGabriel wrote:

what do i need to get to put over my home/room to stop people from being to see me and my guest inside?

You can't put anything over it to stop people being able to cam inside. If it's your land or you have the ability to set options in the 'About Land' dialog, you can un-tick 'Avatars on other parcels can see and chat...' which at least means an avatar would have to be
on
your parcel to be able to see you; then you could disable public access so they can't get in. That's the best you can do unless you own your own private sim, I think.

If it's a shared residence or anything like that, there's nothing you can do to stop camming inside.

please message answer to lincolngabriel inworld....many thanks.

Why? No.

Bottom line really is... there's not much privacy in SL without some big drawbacks like banning public access and having to whitelist people. By the way, most of us hate ban lines when public access is disabled.

Do you really think people are that interested in what you are getting up to? Most people are up to too much of their own stuff to care. If not, tell them to get a life (I really dislike that phrase, but sometimes it fits).

LincolnGabriel wrote:

what do i need to get to put over my home/room to stop people from being to see me and my guest inside?

please message answer to lincolngabriel inworld....many thanks.

You post in the forum, you get an answer in the forum. Why should anyone bother to contact you inworld?

If you really are up to something ineteresting enough for people to want to watch, put in some seats, a popcorn vendor, and make your land pay-to-access. Make your fortune!

Of course, they'll need to know what you're up to in the first place...

CheriColette wrote:

How would you even know if anyone was 'perving' in your home?

In Firestorm Preferences->Privacy->LookAt tab, you can check "Show look at targets:" and then "Show names for look at targets". Between the errors in implementation of that function, errors in people's option-click targeting of their camera focus and some folks natural predisposition to fret, you've got a recipe for... fretting.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

CheriColette wrote:

In Firestorm Preferences->Privacy->LookAt tab, you can check "Show look at targets:" and then "Show names for look at targets". Between the errors in implementation of that function, errors in people's option-click targeting of their camera focus and some folks natural predisposition to fret, you've got a recipe for... fretting.

To maximize marginal utility, viewers should always report that they're looking at the avatar in the scene with the highest rendering complexity.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

CheriColette wrote:

To maximize marginal utility, viewers should always report that they're looking at the avatar in the scene with the highest rendering complexity.

...dons her two piece, 512 total prim resizeable hairdo and runs naked into the street.

I was once totally yelled at for having my look-at crosshairs on someone. I wasn't even aware of it; I was in a changing room at Free Dove (I was still quite fresh then) and had been spinning my cam around myself checking my outfit out. I must have somehowe clicked on her or something, but until she started yelling I had no idea.

Best of it was... she wasn't even in a changing room, or naked, she was stood outside gossiping. She also had a surname, so wasn't new to it all.

After literally several minutes of being yelled at and insulted, the only thing I could think of to say was, "you should be so lucky!" and I cleared off, laughing all the way.

Some people!

Personally I find it quite flattering if I'm being watched, if I feel anything.

LincolnGabriel wrote:

So, you want to stop people from perving seeing you have sex.   Get a parcel where you have land rights (one you own or rent, etc) and set the parcel's privacy settings on.  (little box in About Land that you can click to stop others from seeing or talking to anyone in that parcel)

Oh, and thanks for taking away one of my fun activities.   *sulks*

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.