Can't log in. Can't access homepage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know whats going on and can't find anyone anywhere talking about it. But am I the only one experiencing this?

I can't login to second life but i can login to the site as you can see here since I'm posting. When I try to go to SecondLife.com it redirects me to https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Status-Grid/bg-p/status-blog

Is something going on with my account or are they doing something. This has me extremely worried.

edit: Looks like they're doing unscheduled Maintenance which they only let us know about on twitter:  https://twitter.com/SLGridStatus

It isn't just you.  I can't log in either.  It started for me when marketplace stopped working, then I couldn't tp anywhere.  THEN the search wasn't even working.  Now I can't log in either.  It's telling me my user name and/or password is wrong... no... it's not.

[Posted 4:54 PM PDT, 06 May 2016]  We are performing unscheduled maintenance. While the maintenance is in progress, some residents may experience login issues and residents in-world may be logged off or experience degraded performance. Second Life websites also may not be accessible. Please check back here for updates.

bigmoe Whitfield wrote:

and you replied to me about it why?  

And you have a nasty attitude because.....?

By now you should realize not everyone is familiar with the fact that who one replies to is going to differ based on which reply button is used. 

Good grief

The marvel isn't that SL goes down with a critical problem like this blocking the service for most people. 

The marvel is that they fix it within about 45 minutes. You youngsters don't remember the early days of SL when we had 2 straight days without log-ins, and the Lindens even issued us all a token cash compensation for our loss. 

Linden engineers often talk about how they'd have to swap out the engine while the plane is 30,000 up in the air flying and that's why they had to start over with Project Sansar.

But existing SL works pretty good and in fact if you read the fascinating "Technical" section of the Linden blog provides a lot of interesting problems and challenges which ultimately everyone will need to learn how to fix when the whole world is virtualized in the Internet of Things and we will all need Second Life or something like it to manage those Things.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.