Jump to content

Kascha Matova

Resident
  • Posts

    444
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kascha Matova

  1. Yet another of my attempts to look sophisticated and bothered by photogs, lol. "Hey Ditzy! Nice hat!" No matter how I try I can't get this ****** hat to fit perfectly all the way around. I think I might hate this hat! :womanmad:
  2. Peewee Musytari wrote: There is a server bug causing havoc with attachments since Feb 8th see JIRA https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6766? One fix that seems to be working (until the next time it happens to you) is to right-click on your Current Outfit folder and take off all items and then right-click on one of your folders in My Outfits and select "replace outfit". As I mentioned in a comment on that JIRA link, I am able to get that to work as long as I don't include AOs, shoes, jewelry, or clothing in my outfit. If I do, at least one of the items, usually parts of shoes, or in several cases, a shirt or pair of pants, will end up not rezzing or if it does rez, cannot then be replaced. I'll get the worn highlight turning off and the highlight for the new item turning on, but I am still wearing the original item from my viewpoint. I'm not at all sure what others see. Hopefully they see me wearing something! :womansurprised:
  3. Domitan Redenblack wrote: It's not the mismatch between SL gender and RL gender; it's lying about it that can be a problem. I see real pain, often, due to lies about RL inside SL. If you want to be cross-gendered in SL, fine, but be aware that gender is at the core of identity for many. I recommend a note in the First Life tab of your profile, just in case a friend invests in your SL gender as if it were RL, even mistakenly... Lies Snowball, and there can be real emotional pain involved, or more. If you would like some actual examples, names withheld, contact me privately. Well I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm quite happy being a woman and playing one on TV too, to coin a phrase. I've been a resident of SL for four years now. I've dated people participating as opposite gender going both ways, I am no stranger to the situation, and it remains a non-issue for me. As far as I'm concerned, I am dating the personna they worked so hard to perfect for me. I save my 100% Approved dating for real life, and to tell you the truth, as of late it's that relationship that is causing the pain. I haven't had any real desire to play as a male avie, save when Realist witchhunters have gotten on my nerves and dropped their insecurities and phobias on me. Playing as a man would take all of the people who typically act like toddlers about this issue right out of the equation. But I've never acted on that knowledge - I like my avie too much. Should that ever change, I'll make my own decisions about how much license to use. I won't have them made for me by anyone, nor will I be recruited into the Realist Brigade. I don't begrudge people the right to make of SL what they desire, remain realistic about my expectations and get along fine in that fashion. There's no room for others to be upended by any realities in my RL because I'm not inviting anyone here to date me in RL. My first SL bf and I are in touch in RL and have joked with each other about it, and even sometimes wondered aloud without it being so funny, because we get each other just that much and have been just that passionate. But we have also met in the middle regarding the realities of SL, and realize that what is ideal in a pristine SL world will not come so easily in RL. There are realities and priorities in both of our lives that do not lend to us being together for real, and so we are content with the way things are. My conscience is as clear as my First Life tab. If you date Kascha Matova, you get the me I want you to have, and all of it. What you don't get is my baggage, fears, responsibilities, limitations, and issues. My tier is always paid. Sunsets on my porch overlooking the ocean are always perfect. When I play my harp or my didge for you, I never miss a note. The background music for our activities is always appropriate and soothing. When you take me to dance, I never complain about my feet, because they never hurt. I never need a raincheck because my cramping precludes physical activity. You will never wait for me to be "ready to go" because I can put myself together to go out instantly. My daughter doesn't have to like you first, and neither does my dog. You will never get grilled by my brothers because I came home from your house moping or crying. There is no place we cannot go, and no limit to how we get there. And in our most perfect moments, I will even stop time so our moonlight swims last as long as our morning sunrises. I can, and will be, everything I know you want me to be, and there is nothing in our world that can stop me from doing it, or you from receiving it. Except one of us. And in return, I get a man who must try very very hard to disappoint. Because I have a grown up idea of what to expect from him, and what type of reality I can live with him. I don't really see how this can be "bad news" for either of us. Dating me otherwise is nowhere near as cool. or as effortless. :womanhappy:
  4. Dillon Levenque wrote: Kascha Matova wrote: When we're talking about people who are as incapable of separating reality from fantasy as your average 5 year old, age is just a number. Forgivable lies, unforgivable lies. Sorry. This is a computer simulation. If we knew each other better, we could have a nice discussion about the unforgivable lies that actually matter - such as the one I'm still after 4 years trying to rebuild my life after believing. But we don't. So let's just say that from where I'm standing at least, there is only one life where I have any expectation of honesty and integrity where not getting one or the other is going to be some sort of emotional dealbreaker. And there is no Control-Alt-Delete that's going to put a stop to that one. Grown people who are as incapable of separating reality from from fantasy as a five year old I don't know. They may exist in SL; I've not met any that I'm aware of, and anything like an actual friendship in SL would certainly sort that out. As for whether a lie is forgivable or unforgivable—you are of course right in saying that only the ones that can't be escaped by typing the three finger salute are truly life changing. We disagree, perhaps, on whether behaving in Second Life as if it were real matters in respect to relationships. It does to me. Nothing in what you've said here leads me to believe it does not matter to you, actually. You might be just as sappy as I am. I do, even though I know you not, wish you luck with the things that really matter. Thanks. Sorry but I think I might have to start recusing myself from discussions like this because I'm finding it extremely difficult to be objective now. Why is it that realizing you and your steady have fallen out of love never gets any easier? No matter how many times you go through it? Anyway, I really can't see clearly or put perspective on anything ethical or deep right now. All I know is that I haven't gone through anything in SL that hurts like this. In fact, not much in RL hurts like this either. But I do a disservice to the conversation if I've lost my objectivity, so I apologize.
  5. Dillon Levenque wrote: Kascha Matova wrote: Kascha Matova wrote: Mags Indigo wrote: But then where would be the dramatic satisfaction in that? For so many people who do play 'story telling games' also tend to love the drama that comes with them. I'm not specifically talking about your experience, just musing in general. Not necessarily. Most people who want to fall in love or take on any relationship with someone else are looking to fill a hole as much as to have one filled. Personally, if someone went to that much effort to try and be my "everything" in SL, and I never knew they had created the perfect person for me, I would be having the time of my life loving "the perfect person". On the other hand, if I were the story creator, going to that length to be the perfect person for someone else in SL, I would surely be deriving my pleasure from how happy I was making that person. Parents lie to their children in RL all the time. To protect them, to cajole them. Sure. I could dispense with Santa Claus once and for all for my daughter at age 5 this year, and tell her I owed her the truth. But the pleasure and excitement I see on her face when I lie to her about who eats those cookies we leave out and who brings all those wonderful presents. The eagerness with which she looks forward to Christmas specials on TV, so she can sing the songs, pledge to be good (on purpose without candy bribes!) and see all the characters that will soon be coming just for her. The illusion is making her very happy, and doing her no harm at all. When she is old enough, she will realize the truth. One day, I will probably tell her, but it will not be before she's old enough to survive it without detriment or pain. There's just no need for that, except as Ish said, to make me "clean". Some people in these discussions, and in SL, would tell me I have plenty of dirt to clean off over this deviousness of mine. I would have to disagree. First: You're absolutely right in what you tell—or don't tell, more to the point—your daughter about Santa Claus. She'll figure it out on her own, and probably pretty soon if she's five now. The good news (or possibly bad; I don't know your tastes) is that knowledge won't have any effect on how much she likes the stuff on TV. I still watch the Grinch (Dr. Seuss cartoon version, not Jim Carey) just about every year. And I'm way past my fifth birthday. The point is that in Second Life you aren't dealing with five-year-olds and even more to the point you're not dealing with five-year-olds in whose personal happiness you are wholly invested. Lying to adults in SL is a bit different than 'lying' to your daughter. I don't think that is a valid comparison. I see that last paragraph used the expression 'lying to adults'; I was following your lead in your discussion of Santa Claus and just left it in there. A real life female playing a Second Life male is not 'lying', nor vice versa. A real life female playing a Second Life male and convincing a Second Life female that she is, in fact, an RL male?—to me, that is lying. Might be a forgivable lie, might not. But it is still a lie. Edited to remove having somehow copied your post twice When we're talking about people who are as incapable of separating reality from fantasy as your average 5 year old, age is just a number. Forgivable lies, unforgivable lies. Sorry. This is a computer simulation. If we knew each other better, we could have a nice discussion about the unforgivable lies that actually matter - such as the one I'm still after 4 years trying to rebuild my life after believing. But we don't. So let's just say that from where I'm standing at least, there is only one life where I have any expectation of honesty and integrity where not getting one or the other is going to be some sort of emotional dealbreaker. And there is no Control-Alt-Delete that's going to put a stop to that one.
  6. @ Carole : Carole? Carole???? CAROLE!!! The wedding is over! Look at meeeeeeeeeeee!!!! communicationscommunicationscommunicationscommunicationscommunicationscommunicationscommunications Communications are unsuspended, no? :womantongue:
  7. Mags Indigo wrote: But then where would be the dramatic satisfaction in that? For so many people who do play 'story telling games' also tend to love the drama that comes with them. I'm not specifically talking about your experience, just musing in general. Not necessarily. Most people who want to fall in love or take on any relationship with someone else are looking to fill a hole as much as to have one filled. Personally, if someone went to that much effort to try and be my "everything" in SL, and I never knew they had created the perfect person for me, I would be having the time of my life loving "the perfect person". On the other hand, if I were the story creator, going to that length to be the perfect person for someone else in SL, I would surely be deriving my pleasure from how happy I was making that person. Parents lie to their children in RL all the time. To protect them, to cajole them. Sure. I could dispense with Santa Claus once and for all for my daughter at age 5 this year, and tell her I owed her the truth. But the pleasure and excitement I see on her face when I lie to her about who eats those cookies we leave out and who brings all those wonderful presents. The eagerness with which she looks forward to Christmas specials on TV, so she can sing the songs, pledge to be good (on purpose without candy bribes!) and see all the characters that will soon be coming just for her. The illusion is making her very happy, and doing her no harm at all. When she is old enough, she will realize the truth. One day, I will probably tell her, but it will not be before she's old enough to survive it without detriment or pain. There's just no need for that, except as Ish said, to make me "clean". Some people in these discussions, and in SL, would tell me I have plenty of dirt to clean off over this deviousness of mine. I would have to disagree.
  8. Mags Indigo wrote: In my own one experience of an RL/internet relationship I still have no idea who they are in RL or if anything they told me was lies or truth. My gut instinct tells me they were pretty honest with me, and at this stage I personally need to know nothing else - RL was never ever going to be a possibility so there was never any broken promises involved. It's when people begin promising things that can never happen that the problems begin - in my opinion. Yes, absolutely. Agreed on all points here. And that is really all it takes to avoid the "betrayals" that have become legendary. Adjust your own expectations and no part of your peace of mind becomes subject to the whims of somebody else. What I wonder about most is, of all places to throw said peace of mind to the winds, why on Earth would anyone pick the one that affords the absolute lowest degree of security and predictability and moreover, prides itself and advertises itself on and by absence of any of the limiters that would ensure either one of those things. I believe the term is "masochism". From the Latin nopainicus nogainius. Loose translation : "Kick meeeeeeeeeeee!"
  9. Ish, you just encapsulated everything I have ever tried to say on this topic into one concise, beautiful post. Nobody who was not a pink-skinned elf in RL could have pulled such a thing off. The questions continue... :womantongue:
  10. squashy Beeswing wrote: No difference. :-( For what it's worth, it seems to be going around. I have a pair of sandals that allow me to change their color, my toenail color, and the visibility/color of my toe ring for each foot. For the last several days, I have had problems getting the hud to come up so I could change my toenail color. They just cleared out last night. I'm currently running the 2.6.3 official viewer btw.
  11. Mags Indigo wrote: Kascha Matova wrote: The steadfast refusal of some (not saying you) to accept that there are as many "the right things" in SL as there are residents would be a great starting point in the search for reasons for depth of annoyance. The right thing. Defined by whom? You? Me? How many adults in RL do you think would admit to downloading their entire base of values from some peer who hasn't earned the authority to provide them? Right - none. So what if the right thing for some people, and let's use the people that these threads are always targeted towards, is to never give off any indication to their partner that things will be moving to RL in any way? So the relationship is strictly in SL. Does it matter what they say they are in RL at that point? Their partner has two options - engage as an avie with another avie, run by a person for whom there is no foolproof evidence what they really are or aren't, and enjoy it for what it is, or whine about self imagined night terrors that they're unknowingly gay and try to turn SL interaction into something SL gave them no reason whatsoever, at any time, to expect. For the majority of people who want RL interaction (and I'm being extremely optimistic here), approaching a relationship and finding out their prospective partner is not a realist is not a reason to fly off the deep end and take up pitchfork and torch. The annoyance for most people is with the others. The cretins who seek to make the lives of their rejected partners or friends, as well as complete strangers, difficult or impossible to lead in the absence of total capitulation. And where they're concerned, many are as tired of demands that they be emotional keepers as they are of adults in RL who demand that the makers of products like Lemon Fresh Pine Sol tell them they can't drink it, lemony fresh or no. You speak of adult responsibility? An adult has a responsibility to be real with his or herself - to act like he or she understands enough about life to know where and on what to invest mental and emotional currency, and in what amount. But even more than that, an adult has a responsibility to be accountable for the results of his or her own refusal to do so, and not cry because someone else won't do it for them or has operated under the assumption that they understood and accepted this. I will repeat what I have said many times in the plethora of these threads that have sprung up in the last week. I believe that we all have an 'inner voice' that tells us when we are stepping over our own lines - call it a conscience if you want - but we all have that 'niggle' that let's us know when we're doing something that we 'know' to be not entirely witin the bounds of what we as individuals deem to be 'right'. You voice is undoubtably different to mine (one presumes) that isn't the point - the point is 'does switching on a computer and entering a chat room - or a virtual reality like SL, gibe us the right to switch off that voice/' I don't believe so - whenever we interact with other people - regardless of the medium we bring our own intrinsic values into play. We can of course not ensure that everyone else does too - but that's not my issue - I can only choose for me and I 'know' when I'm being less than I should. As I have also pointed out repeatably - I have no wish to know anyone's RL, though I share mine as and when I see fit. Neither do I ask any questions about other peoples RL - that is for them to keep to themselves or share as they wish. If they wish to share a 'fantasy' with me - that's fine, I don't do SL romance or sex so it's of not personal consequence to me in that way. You continually bring these points back to romantic/sexual relationships, whereas I have not mentioned that. I do, however, wonder at people who invent elaborate RL stories for themselves (not always about gender either) and 'back it up' entirely without anyone putting pressure on them, with rl pictures and life stories that prove (by their own admission in the end) to have been entirely false. Without exception every person I have spoken to who has done that has expressed regret for doing so. The ones who have no regrets are the ones who continue to enjoy doing so I would presume - I'm sure their voice continues to tell them it is fine to do so. Now you can bring up as many examples of things that are not as they seem in both internet and RL contexts - but I still believe that most people 'know' when they are not doing the right thing by their own standards, and that doesn't stop because one switches on a computer. I get that Mags. Let me respond by pointing out that I made it fairly clear in the first sentence of my post that I was not referring to you. That has additional applicability where another of your statements is concerned; that I'm constantly making this about sex/romantic relationships which is not what you were referring to. Once again, I was not talking about you specifically. For the people who have proven to have a problem, and who have thereafter become a problem, sex/romantic relationships is all this is about. Let's not kid ourselves. Not at this late stage. Everyone does have their own voice. Absolutely. This thread is about people who expect others to gag their own voices in deferrence to someone else's. If turning on a computer and entering a place like SL does not give us a right to turn off our own voice, from where comes the authority of anyone else to bully it off under the same justification? And now that I think about it, switching that voice off is not what "everyone" under these circumstances considers themselves as doing. That everyone has their own voice and that yours, mine and someone else's are completely different, is exactly the point. You say you can only choose for yourself and that's fine. Everyone else is doing the same. The question is, can you accept that others have a different idea about what is "wrong" to do in a fantasy world than you do without pitching a conniption fit and forming a witchhunting posse? You evidently can. Many have proven they cannot, and it is those people who are being called out as the problem here. Not you.
  12. Luc Starsider wrote: Kascha Matova wrote: Oh, pingtest is not kind to me - trust me. It gives me an F every time. I have a vague memory of you saying this in another thread a while back? Could be wrong, though. If you get an F on the tests, I think that might play a part in the slow loading, although it is, as you say, strange that the rest of SL loads fast and the v. 1.x viewers work without problems. There are some differences in how viewers 1.x and 2.x loads inventory - I don't quite know what - which may give you different experiences. Did you try any TPV's? Kirstens latest and Firestorm (If that is what it is called) is based on v. 2.x and should have both multi vearables, tattoo layers and outfits. (And is probably getting physics layers soon) Perhaps one of them work better? Kascha Matova wrote: And RoadRunner - what a joke. 59-85% packet loss to a server 10 miles away from here. Pathetic. Complaints and nothing ever gets done. They keep sending the same idiots to my house who can do nothing but change the modem when the problem is an in-neighborhood infrastructure issue. OUCH!!! That is some serious packet loss. Truly pathetic. I actually had a somewhat similar experience at my old place, where I would lose connection for a day or two at a time. The first time, a technician came along and found nothing wrong at our place, and also confirmed that something were wrong in the neighbourhood infrastructure. The following times, I called the company telling them exactly what the first technician told me, but still they insisted on sending a new tecnician - who then came and found nothing wrong.... Nothing happend to the actual error, and I moved from there soon after. I'm sorry to say, I'm running out of ideas of what to try to help with your issue. One thing you could try is to connect through a different internet connection - if you have the chance to do that - if for no other reason than to pinpoint the connection as the culprit or to exclude it. - Luc - Thanks Luc. Your technician story sounds just like mine. TWC has no intentions of doing anything about this. They know that the only other broadband provider in my area is AT&T and they only have 3Mbps speed at maximum. I had that too (long story) but canceled it because I was bait and switched. While it was on, I had a perfectly stable connection with 0% packet loss at all times. SL ran a lot better. But stuff that never buffered on my previous 6Mbps connection was buffering on 3Mbps. And I was only paying $5 less for half the bandwidth. I hate AT&T. When I asked the billing woman if that makes sense to her, she says yes, because the level below mine is $5 less than mine. So I'm like okay, if I charge you $15 for half of a whole pizza that normally costs $20, do I have a sale? Do you know what this buffoon actually says?! "AT&T is a phone company, we don't sell pizza". And because AT&T is there, FIOS will never arrive. Someone needs to do something about these companies. And soon. They are abusing their privileges and need to be dealt with. As for the TPVs, I've got both Kirstens and Firestorm. Kirstens has worked okay at times. Always better than SL official, and always better than Firestorm, but it gets blown away by Ascent, Singularity and Cool VL, all based on 1.x. Firestorm I can't even say what's going on with that or whether it's really doing better than SL official or not. Speedwise, the new SL official runs fine. It just won't allow me to change my clothes. I can change hair fine. haven't tried shoes. Scripts work because my AO still works and I can tilt my sunglasses up or wear them normally. But I can't change my toenail colors, which are part of the shoes script. I just don't get it. I've tried so many viewers now and settings too and had so many various and random behaviors at so many different sims that I can't establish any pattern of behavior anymore. The only thing I can say is that no matter how the connection is, what sim I'm on, what I'm wearing, etc. the 1.x viewers could care less and work fine throughout.
  13. Mags Indigo wrote: Dillon Levenque wrote: I like that phrase as well, Mags. And of course I completely understand what Torley is saying in the 'female voice' paragraph; I just have never expressed it that well. But 'responsible disclosure' is precisely the correct expression. We do have to count on others to exercise responsibility themselves, but in the final analysis all one can do is try to do the right thing and hope it all works out. New hairdo! Yes - the only thing I keep wondering about (and keep getting accused of all sorts from bullying to wanting to 'out' peoples RL details) is - don't we still have responsibility as adults to be responsible in our relationships with others - even in a virtual environment such as SL? Once can only speak for oneself and as you so rightly say "We do have to count on others to exercise responsibility themselves, but in the final analysis all one can do is try to do the right thing and hope it all works out." For some reason that kind of thinking seems to really irritate others, all I can do is presume there is a reason for such depth of annoyance which only they can know. SL is a wonderful place where people can choose to be whoever they want - on the surface - in the end one remains the same RL person as one ever was - who sits at the computer controlling the movement s and words of their chosen avatar. How they choose to conduct themselves through that avatar is of course their own business, but I still believe adult responsibility accompanies one wherever one has interaction with others. I As for the hair - 'this old thing' it's just something I popped on for the summer :smileywink: The steadfast refusal of some (not saying you) to accept that there are as many "the right things" in SL as there are residents would be a great starting point in the search for reasons for depth of annoyance. The right thing. Defined by whom? You? Me? How many adults in RL do you think would admit to downloading their entire base of values from some peer who hasn't earned the authority to provide them? Right - none. So what if the right thing for some people, and let's use the people that these threads are always targeted towards, is to never give off any indication to their partner that things will be moving to RL in any way? So the relationship is strictly in SL. Does it matter what they say they are in RL at that point? Their partner has two options - engage as an avie with another avie, run by a person for whom there is no foolproof evidence what they really are or aren't, and enjoy it for what it is, or whine about self imagined night terrors that they're unknowingly gay and try to turn SL interaction into something SL gave them no reason whatsoever, at any time, to expect. For the majority of people who want RL interaction (and I'm being extremely optimistic here), approaching a relationship and finding out their prospective partner is not a realist is not a reason to fly off the deep end and take up pitchfork and torch. The annoyance for most people is with the others. The cretins who seek to make the lives of their rejected partners or friends, as well as complete strangers, difficult or impossible to lead in the absence of total capitulation. And where they're concerned, many are as tired of demands that they be emotional keepers as they are of adults in RL who demand that the makers of products like Lemon Fresh Pine Sol tell them they can't drink it, lemony fresh or no. You speak of adult responsibility? An adult has a responsibility to be real with his or herself - to act like he or she understands enough about life to know where and on what to invest mental and emotional currency, and in what amount. But even more than that, an adult has a responsibility to be accountable for the results of his or her own refusal to do so, and not cry because someone else won't do it for them or has operated under the assumption that they understood and accepted this.
  14. davidventer wrote: I am a shining example of SL being "reality obsessed" as you call it. To me, my Second Life™ is an extention of my first life. The money is real, the feelings are real and the friendships are real, at least to me. I use the very same name and contact details here as I do in the real world, my avatar even looks like the real me. Second Life™ is a place of role play and fantasy and just because this is me and this is who I am, it doesn't mean that I can't get to roleplay and do things which I would never think of doing or might not be able to do in the real world. - If you look at this logically you would understand that it is merely a roleplaying environment, not necessarily a game. If you want to be somebody different and do things you would or could never do in the real world then go ahead, there is nothing wrong with that and no one is stopping you, this is after all only virtual. If you don't want to share who you are in the real world then make up a fake identity if you get annoyed by people asking for it. But whatever you do, keep in mind that this is not just your Second Life™, it is also my Second Life™ and many others' - Some of us have no problem sharing who we are. Some of us like to become real friends with those we meet in Second Life™. Some of us do not care what you really look like or if you're unattractive in the real world because we aren't that intrusive or shallow. With that said. I don't have a problem with anyone hiding their true identity from me. You have your reasons for remaining private. I do not think that Second Life™ in general is becoming too reality obsessed, that may just be your individual perception. Go on and live your Second Life™ - If you are annoyed by being asked who you really are simply say that you don't want to share the info or make up a fake identity - No one is forcing you to share your details. It's a matter of personal choice and trust. I would also like to add that I'm really glad about the facebook, twitter, youtube and flickr linking abilities now available in the web profiles. Now my friends can easily find me on real world social networks and vice versa - Once again, if you don't want to reveal that information then you don't have to. Nobody is forcing you. But, just because you don't want to share it, please do not complain about those who do want to share it. Just enjoy your Second Life™! :smileyhappy: When you can come up with evidence of an organized movement to drum people who provide their RL info out of SL, be sure to post it here. Until such time, understand that your post, despite its good intentions, displays an almost mystical naivete about this issue. If "making up an identity" was an acceptable practice, this thread, and the hundreds of others that proceeded it throughout the various iterations of this forum, would never have had to exist. You might be tempted to use the title of this thread to dispute my claims, but not if you understand that it refers to an effort to eliminate being bullied into providing details that many do not want to provide, for whatever reason, and which they were never obligated to provide by any statute or rule established as a requirement for residency. I don't know what else I can say on this. Read the previous and related threads on this issue and see who is doing the dictating. See what your advice earns those who follow it.
  15. Irene Muni wrote: NiaShtanova wrote: Hi all, i needed to vent and i did not know where i would. I started 2 weeks ago, and immediately was happy to find a game similar to the Sims2. I payed for my membership and have bought some items with RL money. Though i never expected to be treated the way i have been by some of the most vicious members i have ever come across in game play in the history i have been playing games. This is not how an online community should be conducted, i'm really shocked. I can't believe i have invested money into this game to have lousy response as a paying customer. I have been threatened and kicked out of places because certain members knew the "owners". This is ridiculous that people can not enjoy a simple game. I don't think this is for me and i commend those who put up with this type of gameplay. It's unbelievable to me and baffling. Well, perhaps you should explain the problem a bit more. In any case, your profile says "I'm sexually agressive by nature". Perhaps you have been sexually agressive. I don't know, of course. I see. Well, let's review: And so we have the concept of a place, in SL, kicking out a woman because she's sexually aggressive, and non-apologetic about it. /chirp chirp chirp And now for the non-fiction segment we'd like to start with "Women Who Love Xcite and the Men Who Love Them Repeatedly For It" :womantongue:
  16. Ishtara Rothschild wrote: Josh Susanto wrote: Who would win in a fight between Achilles and a biblical angel? What if they both had no armor? Also: why does a biblical angel need armor, and why does Achilles wear it so many other places, but not where he actually needs it? I know this wasn't a serious question, but anyway... in case of Achilles (and any other warrior in Ancient Greece), the answer has probably something to do with sweating and chafing in the hot, dry Mediterranean climate, as well as the age-old military problem of speed and agility versus protection Shield and helmet (plus light armor parts such as leather arm bracers) offered enough protection in most combat situations, and any additional protection was not worth sacrificing agility for. One needed a running start in order to throw a javelin with sufficient force, and moving around on the battlefield required a great deal of maneuverability in general. Besides, they didn't yet have the huge and heavy-boned war horses that were bred in medieval times to carry knights in full armor. ZOMG what a ridiculously far-fetched and tourtuously overblown and dramatically enhanced breakdown of all the stuff that would not have any bearing on the fighting! Ahahahaha! Of course, what would ACTUALLY happen is that while the angels sat around wondering how in the world a full grown man could have possibly been killed by an arrow to the back of his foot, a runaway camel, jealous and bitter for having been excluded from the opportunity for glory given by default to horses, would blame God for being discriminatory and would trample the angels out of spite. Investigators would be soooo annoyed about having to do the paperwork they would mark the contest down as a "tie" because everyone's dead anyways and the sooner the ink dries the sooner they can get back to the tent with the naked ladies in it. You know it's true...yes you do. :smileyvery-happy:
  17. Just how big is the Loon family in SL? Are you related to Candyshop Loon?
  18. Luc Starsider wrote: Clothes not rezzing properly usually indicate some sort of connection issue. Especially if you see yourself fully clothed but others see you naked. The issue does not necessarily have to be on your end of things, but if it is, it is easy to find out. Run the http://www.pingtest.net/ test a few times to check your connection. Unplug your modem and router for a minute or so, plug back in and wait for a connection to establish before logging in again. Check your packet loss in the performance panel and reduce the Max bandwidth if the number is more or less constantly above 0.0%. If any of these were the issue, though, I would imagine you would have issues with texture rezzing as well as inventory issues, so this may not be it. - Luc - Oh, pingtest is not kind to me - trust me. It gives me an F every time. Damn TimeWarnerCable for their garbage infrastructure and damn AT&T for putting their customers last. If AT&T would just give me the 6MB connection at my new place that I had at my old one, we'd be done with this. But no - 3Mbps for only $5 less dollars a month than my old 6Mbps connection. Ridiculous - 0% packet loss on pingtest or no. And RoadRunner - what a joke. 59-85% packet loss to a server 10 miles away from here. Pathetic. Complaints and nothing ever gets done. They keep sending the same idiots to my house who can do nothing but change the modem when the problem is an in-neighborhood infrastructure issue. So I know about that. But then why does the rest of the world load so fast? Why is there no problem at all with any of the 1.x clients I have? I mean none. They all load instantly, no packet loss, no clothes changing problems, nothing. It's only with version 2 clients. Personally I don't think multiple clothing and tattoo layers are sufficiently stable in the code. 1.x doesn't allow them (which sucks) but with their absence comes absence of all these clothing issues as well.
  19. I'm now having a slightly altered version of this same problem, where I tried all the same things but it differs here: I created an outfit that contains everything I "must" wear, such as skins, eyelashes, eyes, etc, but the clothes and jewelry I was wearing at the time were included too. Now when I log in everything appears relatively quickly. My avie just pops up after very little or even no cloud time. The rest of the world loads pretty fast too. The day before yesterday, my inventory took two hours to catalogue 2500 items. Last night it finished quickly. But the problem of never being able to change my pants or blouse remains. No clothing layer I attempt to put on ever shows up, even though the item listings show the change was made. I am so confused now. I have tried everything. This was in 2.63 official viewer last night, which replaced 2.6.2 that I put on on Sunday, and this is after completely blowing away everything in cache manually. This is with and without RenderUnloadedAvatar set to true and with and without avatar imposters on. Very confused. I get failure to GET blah blah blah because couldn't reach xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.agi.lindenlabs.com or something like that in the debug window, and so end up toggling HTTP Textures too. But you know how you try so many changes you can't tell which one is doing what anymore? :womansad:
  20. Carole Franizzi wrote: Carole ponders.... Now does the Crunchy bar boyfriend have anything to do with the Japanese chick reclining on the sofa in that other thread? Oh no. Crunchy was just a between meals snack... NO, NO! That was not my fault! You knew that was coming that's why you asked! Of COURSE it was painfully bad but then you made me have to do it so now love it! Love IT-TAH!!!! :smileyvery-happy:
  21. Ishtara Rothschild wrote: Venus Petrov wrote: Well, I have had people ask if I am Russian. :smileyindifferent: I've been asked if I'm really a Rothschild I didn't have the slightest idea who the Rothschilds were and are when I picked that name. Huh? You're not a Rothschild in any way? Not a descendant at all then...I thought you were too. LI -YUH!!! Ishtara is a - La - la - la -la - LI - YUH UHH UHHHH UHHHHH!!! (Don't try to sing with me, anyone. I am a professional with a very lucrative record contract, which means your singing will simply make me sound like I have no idea how to carry a tune) :womantongue:
  22. Torley Linden wrote: In my head, I've long heard varied voices that inform my life choices. They span a rich spectrum of genders, races, etc. It was only natural that I express them as avatars — earlier, I used the term "Torley Council", or there's that joke from some Resis, that when they see me, they go "It's a Torley!" Hahahaha. I have a very strong female voice that emerges here. She encourages me to be more sensible and explanatory (I used to be terse and not all that social), and it feels 1000% natural to me. Not having that would feel strongly repressive, and so with SL as an outlet — or whatever you want to call it — I've been able to unify my personality and feel a lot healthier in both lives as a result. It is a difficult thing that, while life in general appeals to a diversity of people, many people's interests are in conflict. This is also true in Second Life, and I continue to be a proponent of responsible disclosure in relationships that matter to you. On top of that, there's insecurity that people keep hidden, not to mention jealousy and other "demons" that drag someone down from acknowledging and living the life THEY really want... in the process they become control freaks trying to prevent OTHERS from feeling fulfilled, as Darrius initially mentioned. The psychology of it intrigues me deeply. I just hope more people can come inworld and use Second Life as a tool of confronting hangups and dealing with their baggage, so they have healthier relationships with others. Not growing means not really living. Torley this post smells strongly of win :womanhappy: I would only add to it something in the same vein, which is that once people have truly given themselves a chance to discover how many other layers they themselves have, and give those layers a chance to uncover and flourish, they will gain a greater appreciation for how important it is to allow others to do so as well. Or even more than that, they will become rather fiercely protective of the right of others to do so. I think this is what happened to me, and why I speak up so much on this issue. I've learned so much about myself and taught myself so much just from allowing the personality differences between myself and my avie to establish themselves that I was able to overcome a lot of the things that brought me here and emerge a much more dynamic and fun person. Or at least, to return to that person after it seemed to have been a curtain call of sorts. There's a great quote from Kevin Spacey's character in American Beauty that really sums up this dynamic: "It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself."
  23. Dogboat Taurog wrote: Kascha Matova wrote: Ugh! I need to learn to keep my big mouth shut. Just when I was praising the newest viewer for solving most of my texture loading and fps problems leading to a silky smooth experience the night before last, last night I get on and in no less than an hour of being in-world, my inventory never ever finished loading. I could not ever get my pants to rez, no matter how much I flew up, despite character testing three times, clearing cache, dancing back and forth between appearance mode and regular mode, etc. Never loaded. I even did the RenderUnloadedAvatar = true switch, which got rid of the cloud really fast, but then even though the rest of the world had fully rezzed, and so had my whole outfit, as soon as I went to change pants, the area went brown, gray, etc. and new pants never loaded. So essentially I may have been nude to some degree standing in various meadows for 2+ hours. Was anyone else having similar problems last night or is this just another personal tale of mine? :smileysad: SL was bad all weekend for me ,seems to be getting worse too. btw RenderUnloadedAvatar = true does exactly what it says. you may well have been naked, seminaked or ruthed to others. Okay so it wasn't just me and I can rule out individual connection problems. From what I remember the inventory servers are separate from the sim servers (please correct me if I'm wrong) so I guess I should recognize the significance of how fast the world was loading. It was funny though. When I did have that switch on my avie's outfit came up almost instantly. That is, I could see it was completely there. It's rather unnerving to realize that that means nothing where the rest of the world's view is concerned. How do we ever know what we look like to others then? Depend totally on their courtesy and hope someone will say something? Subpar :womanmad:
  24. Ugh! I need to learn to keep my big mouth shut. Just when I was praising the newest viewer for solving most of my texture loading and fps problems leading to a silky smooth experience the night before last, last night I get on and in no less than an hour of being in-world, my inventory never ever finished loading. I could not ever get my pants to rez, no matter how much I flew up, despite character testing three times, clearing cache, dancing back and forth between appearance mode and regular mode, etc. Never loaded. I even did the RenderUnloadedAvatar = true switch, which got rid of the cloud really fast, but then even though the rest of the world had fully rezzed, and so had my whole outfit, as soon as I went to change pants, the area went brown, gray, etc. and new pants never loaded. So essentially I may have been nude to some degree standing in various meadows for 2+ hours. Was anyone else having similar problems last night or is this just another personal tale of mine? :smileysad:
  25. Dresden Ceriano wrote: From the way I took it, you were making a general statement in the post to which I replied; then used the specific incident you spoke of to make your point. Perhaps I read it differently than you intended, in which case, I thank you for your clarification. What I was not in any way trying do is "play you false" or morph what you said. Granted, I probably wasn't clear enough on my intent when I posted what I did. I was, in fact, speaking in more general terms. I was not speaking of the specific incident in which you were involved. I specifically stayed away from discussing your concern for your child as I would never be so presumptuous as to tell a mother what she should be concerned about. Especially since I have no children of my own. But I should have made it clear that I do understand why that would be an issue for you in those circumstances. The point I was trying to get across with my post is that the heterosexual community is generally incapable of knowing how being homosexual effects a person living in a world where heterosexuality is so overwhelmingly, with good reason I might add, dominant. Homosexuals are bombarded with heterosexual imagery and context every day from everywhere... movies, television, books, magazines, billboards, I could go on and on. So when someone who's heterosexual complains about homosexuality being thrown in their faces or shoved down their throats, as some have been known to so cleverly put it, I get ticked off. I was also attempting to give a possible explanation as to why some of us act the way we do when we get together in large numbers. Though, I must point out that I am not one to do that sort of thing. (You wouldn't catch me dead in a leather thong and feather boa grinding against my partner in the middle of the street, no matter how much I loved him.) But I do understand why others do in those situations, and was trying to give my insight into that phenomenon. No hard feelings I hope... Dres Of course no hard feelings Dres. This is a grown up conversation about a serious subject. People make points, and sometimes they have to make them hard. As long as people are willing to clarify and everyone is truly interested in hearing other viewpoints, there should be no worries about that. I need to clarify something even further, since from your post above it's obvious that you read my follow up post where I was talking about special interest being crammed down throats. There's a really good comedic example of what I'm talking about in a standup act by a well known comedian and writer named Paul Mooney, who is Black, and centers most of his routine on Black awareness and issues. He brings up how ridiculously trite it is to see Hollywood's reaction to the problem of having kept Blacks out of dramatic starring roles for so long that all of a sudden they start popping up in plots and movies that redefine the term dramatic license. His particular example was seeing a movie about Vikings with Samuel L. Jackson popping up as one of the Vikings. That's what I mean. It's become a running joke in fact, that every single average group of White friends on the planet that ends up in a magazine shot or on a billboard has exactly one Black friend who just "happened" to be there. I don't have to explain the concept of "token" to you - I'm sure you're familiar. And the same thing happens elsewhere too. Similar thing with the gay community. I don't need Hollywood dropping a gay guy or girl into every plot to know they exist. Maybe the GLBT community is thrilled with that, or maybe they aren't. I personally think I'd rather no gesture at all than such a blatantly insincere one as that. It may sound bad, but I don't want to see a guy pop up in a wheelchair in the middle of every plot either. I know there are people in wheelchairs. Media and Hollywood attempting to drag me to the issue by my hair just hastens my tune-out. And I don't want to be tapped on the shoulder by any other special interest either. Not PETA, not the anti-smoking lobby (who rile me by constantly prattling and whining about smoking and trying to get movies rated R purely for that), and nobody else like them. I don't discriminate. I can't stand special interest meddling and bogarting. I can't stand commercials of any sort either. Nothing makes me angrier than networks interrupting shows every three minutes so they can cram the same merchandise down my throat over and over. As soon as I realize a movie I'm watching is on a network station or any station with commercials, I turn it off or mute the TV at every station break. It's my own little attempt to take back control of my mind. Sorry. I'm just a quirky territorial person and I over do things a lot. :womanwink:
×
×
  • Create New...