Jump to content

Kascha Matova

Resident
  • Posts

    444
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kascha Matova

  1. Dillon Levenque wrote: Kascha Matova wrote: What's there to be tired of Mags? Nobody needs to check with you, me, or anybody else before they equate SL roleplaying with whatever they feel like equating it with. Do you feel the fatiguing effects of other people's definition of SL roleplaying before or after you praise SL for the freedom of expression it allows and swear you'd never change it? If some people reinvent themselves at both levels of the spectrum that's their decision. You actually have no idea why they've decided to approach SL interaction that way or if it was about drawing others into a web of crap or whatever Satanic technicolor nightmare they supposedly end up in when not told the truth by an SL player. Maybe thats their muse. A different person entirely - a pen name only more so. Or maybe they really are just jerks. Both are possible, and much more, however you choose to see nothing but negative. Personally, if someone goes to lengths to make themselves something they think I want, and I am in control of how much I have riding on it being accurate, I'm going to love them for the effort and not be drawn into a web of anything I'm not enjoying being stuck in. It's happened here numerous times and the thing that confused and hurt me most was their anguished need to confess when they have, as if they did anything other than try to make me happy. People do that all the time in RL. Try to be something more than themelves for somebody not because they want to hurt them, but because they want to make them happy. Embellished realities that seek common ground have pulled as many people off ledges as put them on. When I got here in '07, I was one of those people, and I'm thankful for what was done to give me what I needed, and why. It is not always about hurting someone. Yet that never comes up as a possibility in your list, and that omission is a choice you made, but have not owned in any of your words here. Sorry if that offends or annoys you. Maybe you really don't ask for RL information despite the fact that you speak very badly of anyone whose unbending adherence to its realism falls short, but that's really all there is to it. It's a mixed message to at least one person who reads your posts with interest, so I thought I'd bring it up. Do with that what you will, but someone I cherish a great deal here in SL fits into this category, and even after finding out what was really what, my feelings have only increased. So I'll continue to disagree vehemently with any who would tag him as garbage without knowing. I always have to bite my tongue when someone I have an affinity for is getting a bit of bother here. I usuallly let them fend for themselves because usually they're perfectly capable of doing so and having me butt in will just embarass them. That's certainly true in this case; it's not likely that I'll come up with anything to say that would be an improvement on Mags. But she's not here right now, I am, and Kascha I think you are way off the beam here. You seem to be saying any sort of RP/Fakery/BS is fine as long as the person who is doing it makes you feel good and keeps you happy, keeps him as 'someone they think you want', that's cool with you. Okay fine. It's completely uncool with me. I'm not condemning you, or he, I'm just saying that is not for me. I didn't see Mags condemning it either (I tried to read most of the posts and if I missed something I'm sure I'll find out about it) She doesn't like faking. I don't like faking. Perhaps there's a really good reason why someone should make up an entire RL life history to help someone in SL (which would be the only possible explanation of your argument with Mags). If so, I'd withdraw my "I don't like faking' comment for that particular example. I'm not saying you aren't perfectly right in your approach to Second Life. I AM saying that's not the path I prefer. Is that what I seem to be saying? Point out the place where I made any baseline judgment, whatsoever about what is "fine" and what is "not fine" as a rule. See, that's where the morality train always goes off the tracks and if there's one thing I can't stand it's people trying to offload their own hangups and sense of entitlement onto me. The reason you think I'm so "off the beam" is because you're reading what you want to read instead of what I said. My entire point was that nobody has the right to define anybody else's SL, and there is no "all" of anything. As I told another poster, generalization is the realm of the intellectually lazy and I won't deal with it. If you don't want to take the time to truly investigate the motivations of a person in doing some action then don't claim insight later or talk about how important such motivations are. Just say you have no idea why people do what, because you don't, and you chose not to, and leave it at that. You don't see any condemnation because you feel the same way she does. If you had any objectivity at all on the subject, you would see loaded words for what they are without feeling any need to stick up for anyone. You would see what I mean if I repeatedly wasted time wondering aloud what those hung up on ethics and morals "get their rocks off on" . That doesn't happen because I don't begrudge you the right to your viewpoint and I don't have to demean you to consider you. Nor do I have to skirt your individuality because I lack the flexibility to deal with the fact that you might not fit into a box I need you to be in. So you know, yes. That's exactly what happened. Someone I dated early in my SL time embellished enough life experiences to encourage me that I could survive mine at a time when I was so unable to believe I wasn't alone that I thought living my life as a cartoon was as good a plan as any. In fact, I don't know where I would be right now if it wasn't for him selling me on that, because nobody else could. I had a lot of slack jawed moments of confusion when the truth came out, but I was in a much stronger place when it did, and I had the maturity and compassion to separate what he did from why he did it. Now I'll give you that you said in that case, you make an exception to people like him being Satan. "Others" never allowed for him to exist, while still others try to tell me he didn't. And so to people who would lump him into some group, make the real jerks the majority instead of the minority they are and add him to that majority because they're too lazy to brook any threat to their security blankets, I say screw them all, and I say it directly. It's not always true, and I will sing his praises until the day I drop.
  2. JamesAir wrote: QUOTE Personally, if someone goes to lengths to make themselves something they think I want, and I am in control of how much I have riding on it being accurate, I'm going to love them for the effort and not be drawn into a web of anything I'm not enjoying being stuck in. It's happened here numerous times and the thing that confused and hurt me most was their anguished need to confess when they have, as if they did anything other than try to make me happy. People do that all the time in RL. Try to be something more than themselves for somebody not because they want to hurt them, but because they want to make them happy. END QUOTE -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- But whatever their intent is to purposely mis-represent what they are in real life, the fact is it often does hurts others. It is also a purposeful intent to lie, otherwise their response to questions would be simply I don’t tell about real life, not to invent a false one. Obviously if these liars only form casual friendships, who gets hurt right? No one. But when these liars form intimate relationships with others, that’s where regardless of their intent they will hurt others with their lies. You are confused about their anguished need to confess? I’m not. They simply get hooked themselves into real feelings for the other and KNOW they have to come clean to move this real relationship forward. Also, the liars at some point realize they are dealing with a real person and can’t live with the fact the are lying to them daily. It’s hard to lie daily to a person you have actual feelings for forever unless you are a complete scumbag. You think this is done to make others happy? I doubt such people are that altruistic. It’s much simpler than that. They lie to get what they seek. For example, a married man or woman knows most single persons looking for potential mates would balk at online relationships with them, so they lie about being married. A elderly man or woman over 60 knows a 20 something would have no interest in them, so they lie about being under 30. A man wants to have a lot of women as intimate friends, he knows many women don’t trust men, so he pretends to be a real life female. A gay woman wants to experience straight women sexually in second life, so she pretends to be a man in real life and SL. A gay man pretends to be a woman in second life and RL etc etc… The goals are never about the happiness of others. It’s just a selfish desire to lie to get what they want. I'm not speaking in hypotheticals or generalities. That's usually a great clue that someone has decided to believe what they want to believe and refuses to take exceptions into consideration, prefering instead to claim they simply don't exist. I don't do that. I know, for a fact, that "their" goals are not always a selfish desire to get what they want. Because I have the pleasure of having met someone who was able to read enough about me through our interactions in SL to tell pretty accurately where I was, what I was going through, what I came here hoping to find, and what I needed to hear and see to get myself right again. He also decided at some point through those interactions that somewhere inside the person I had become was somebody he knew was worth saving, or helping if he could. And he made a decision to be exactly what I really needed someone to be. No matter how that "what" evolved. Eventually, he did tell me how much of the experience he related to me were actually his, how much was embellished, and how much of it was borrowed from others when it fit. And I respect and appreciate the reasons he felt he needed to do that, and what he feels for me that made it mandatory that he did that. But as I stated earlier, I love him for what he did and how important he made my situation and peace of mind (that's not all I love him for but you get the point). There are plenty of examples in SL, as in RL of manipulators doing what they want to accomplish their own aims and for no other reason. I never claimed otherwise - in fact, it's the surety I'm hearing from you and others that everyone in question is a despicable human being that reminds me of that old story about the woman rescuing the snake from the cold, getting bitten, and acting surprised afterwards. I mean why would anyone come here with transparency as a dealbreaking priority? I'm not concerned with whether or not "some" are no good. My concern is when it becomes "all" are no good. Because that's bull, and I've seen that it is.
  3. Mags Indigo wrote: Kascha Matova wrote: Mags Indigo wrote: I never ask for peoples RL information in SL - apart from part of the globe/timezone they come from. I do however find that many people just love to give you RL details without being asked - and that's what I will never understand - why volunteer 'RL info@ that turns out to be totally false. If you don't want people to know your RL - just say so - their choice after that. But people really do seem to go to great lengths to invent very detailed backstories that they deliver to other people in nice neat little chunks - drawing them in to a web of 'fantasy' (lies) without any pressure ever being put on them to do so. I can only presume they get some sort of kick out of making other people believe something that is actually utterly false. I say it over and over again - SL is terrific mainly because it allows us to be whatever we want to be and do things we can't in RL - I'd never change that, and I surely never pry to break that fantasy. But some people do seem to actually get their rocks off deceiving (or trying to) other people with RL fairytales. Hence (as I said above) why I'd never stray beyond friendly interaction in SL. Not everyone has your straight-forward way of seeing things Ishtara - mores the pity. Mags, this is about as mixed as a message can get. Too many air quoted double entendres and thinly veiled negative judgment to suggest the level of insouciance you imply in bold above. Just letting you know in case you really aren't aware of how you sound on subjects like this... How I sound on 'subjects like this' actually I don't see any mixed message at all - either don't tell me anything or tell me the truth - see no mixed message. I don't ask for RL information so I constantly wonder why people insist on sharing RL information that isn't true. If that upsets people - I'm getting used to it but frankly I'm a wee bit tired of people equating SL roleplaying with telling untruths about their RL when such information is neither requested or wanted. Frankly I find it at least drama hunting and at it's worst downright dishonest. Sorry if that offends or annoys people but it is actually how I feel and think and as such is what I will continue to say. What's there to be tired of Mags? Nobody needs to check with you, me, or anybody else before they equate SL roleplaying with whatever they feel like equating it with. Do you feel the fatiguing effects of other people's definition of SL roleplaying before or after you praise SL for the freedom of expression it allows and swear you'd never change it? If some people reinvent themselves at both levels of the spectrum that's their decision. You actually have no idea why they've decided to approach SL interaction that way or if it was about drawing others into a web of crap or whatever Satanic technicolor nightmare they supposedly end up in when not told the truth by an SL player. Maybe thats their muse. A different person entirely - a pen name only more so. Or maybe they really are just jerks. Both are possible, and much more, however you choose to see nothing but negative. Personally, if someone goes to lengths to make themselves something they think I want, and I am in control of how much I have riding on it being accurate, I'm going to love them for the effort and not be drawn into a web of anything I'm not enjoying being stuck in. It's happened here numerous times and the thing that confused and hurt me most was their anguished need to confess when they have, as if they did anything other than try to make me happy. People do that all the time in RL. Try to be something more than themelves for somebody not because they want to hurt them, but because they want to make them happy. Embellished realities that seek common ground have pulled as many people off ledges as put them on. When I got here in '07, I was one of those people, and I'm thankful for what was done to give me what I needed, and why. It is not always about hurting someone. Yet that never comes up as a possibility in your list, and that omission is a choice you made, but have not owned in any of your words here. Sorry if that offends or annoys you. Maybe you really don't ask for RL information despite the fact that you speak very badly of anyone whose unbending adherence to its realism falls short, but that's really all there is to it. It's a mixed message to at least one person who reads your posts with interest, so I thought I'd bring it up. Do with that what you will, but someone I cherish a great deal here in SL fits into this category, and even after finding out what was really what, my feelings have only increased. So I'll continue to disagree vehemently with any who would tag him as garbage without knowing.
  4. Mags Indigo wrote: I never ask for peoples RL information in SL - apart from part of the globe/timezone they come from. I do however find that many people just love to give you RL details without being asked - and that's what I will never understand - why volunteer 'RL info@ that turns out to be totally false. If you don't want people to know your RL - just say so - their choice after that. But people really do seem to go to great lengths to invent very detailed backstories that they deliver to other people in nice neat little chunks - drawing them in to a web of 'fantasy' (lies) without any pressure ever being put on them to do so. I can only presume they get some sort of kick out of making other people believe something that is actually utterly false. I say it over and over again - SL is terrific mainly because it allows us to be whatever we want to be and do things we can't in RL - I'd never change that, and I surely never pry to break that fantasy. But some people do seem to actually get their rocks off deceiving (or trying to) other people with RL fairytales. Hence (as I said above) why I'd never stray beyond friendly interaction in SL. Not everyone has your straight-forward way of seeing things Ishtara - mores the pity. Mags, this is about as mixed as a message can get. Too many air quoted double entendres and thinly veiled negative judgment to suggest the level of insouciance you imply in bold above. Just letting you know in case you really aren't aware of how you sound on subjects like this...
  5. I think I can remember my exact reaction. It was something like: "oh sorry sorry babes. I was supposed to fall on my a** or something, wasn't I? brb. Leave the poseballs out!"
  6. Wildcat Furse wrote: LOL!!!! Kasha ...:smileyvery-happy: *meows* Uhh huh, see? Not a hint of denial, and I ain't talking about the river! "Wanna l'il MOAR?? Ya that's right Fido! KEEP COMING! COME GET SOME!!" ~ Coexist (LOL :smileyvery-happy:)
  7. Wildcat Furse wrote: no worries Venus!!!! the CLF (Cat Liberation Front) is a very peaceful organization.....:matte-motes-evil-grin: *meows* Mmmhmm! And since when have the words "Liberation" and "Front" ever led to quiet walks on the beach, blowing bubbles and flying kites? Nope. They're usually responsible for soundbites ending in stuff like "You want some MOAR?!?! HUH?!?" We're onto ya :smileyvery-happy:
  8. I attach my walk/stand AO to my spine and on those rare times I need to address it I do so through the normal chat channel. That's the only one I wear all the time. Other than that, I have a Huddle for dancing that I set up in the lower right corner of the screen and then any HUDs I use with my shoes, etc. usually come up center left.
  9. Soda Lemondrop wrote: I added a bit in latest machinima showing what new female avatar physics look like in viewer 2. The "bounce" demonstration starts at 4:30 on movie counter. Direct Link if movie doesn't work here : http://www.youtube.com/user/SodaLemondrop The video was adorable! That said, the breast physics look...hmmm. They look.......... :matte-motes-confused: :matte-motes-whistle: :matte-motes-impatient: The video was adorable!
  10. Sonja Smedley wrote: Yes I made it!!!!Great! It is not that good cause my first try but now I know how to do it. I´m sooo happy now, thanks for the help.:-))) Hmmm!!!! What were we up to in THAT pic?! :matte-motes-whistle:
  11. One more thing! When you get dressed with your normal clothes 'n stuff after doing the character test, make sure that you explicitly remove the underwear layer glitch pants from the Girl Next Door outfit, because Detach All and Remove All Clothing doesn't always get them and you may miss that although they're pants, they're actually on the underwear layer. The panties and bra you will be left with are not the underwear layer (as you'd think they are), but are actually part of the skin itself presumably because the avie has to be G rated for teens and such. They will go away when you put your regular skin on. Just an FYI! :womanvery-happy:
  12. Mayalily wrote: Thank you for the super quick response!!! I'll give it a try, and I'll remember that in case in happens again. Many thanks for that super quick response. p.s. Glad I am not a dude with the name of Mayalily. lol take care now Oops! I'm so sorry - I was multitasking and didn't get a good look at your name! :matte-motes-sour: I think it'll still work tho! Oh, if it's not the Advanced menu it might be the Developer menu. I can't remember which one is the last one on the right in the SL viewer or which menu is where in the TPVs without looking at them.
  13. Mayalily wrote: I'm on viewer 2 and my avatar is a ghost. I tried rebake, rezzing stuff onto my ghost avi, etc.. still a ghost. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Enable the Advanced menu, then go to Avatar->character test->character test female (or male if that's you). You'll rez with the generic Girl or Boy Next Door outfit on, and much quicker than what you're seeing now. Then, you can dress normally, either by replacing current outfit with one of your choosing, or by going piece by piece and dressing yourself.
  14. Luc Starsider wrote: Here's me. The same avatar as in my profile, but with different clothes and hair. That's allowed, no? (I no longer have the picture I used for my profile, so I couldn't post it anyway...) - Luc - For crying out loud Luc. You're awfully cute! Sorta like one of those Twilight vampires :matte-motes-inlove:
  15. Numpty Mistwallow wrote: I've also recieved e-mail to the account I use for SL. The leak is either from LL or whatever company LL uses to process European credit card transactions. The e-mail was adressed using the full name of the credit card holder kind enough to let me use her card. That card has NEVER been used in conjunction with my e-mail except with LL. Again, the mail was for an online gambling service. I never even visited any site of that type but it now seems I can gamble with someone elses data, and cash, just by buying $L's. Get this sorted out ASAp or take the 'S' from the 'HTTPS' address as it's blatantly NOT secure.! LMAO!! Sorry sorry, NOT laughing at the situation. Just a stickler for small details and imagining a tiny man with a hugemungous hammer running up and destroying the 'S', followed by a collective moan from the unseen audience :smileyvery-happy:
  16. Marigold Devin wrote: I took a look at Marketplace and got this for Out of Time Prefabs. Any good? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/101 YES!!! Awesomest Poster Ever is Awesome!!! :matte-motes-whistle:
  17. I bought a house that I truly loved from there about two years ago and wanted to buy it again, as the original disappeared from inventory over the time I was away from SL (or I inadvertently deleted it). But when I tried to access their landmark, it went nowhere. I wonder if they have simply moved, or changed names, or if they are truly out of business now. Yes I have checked on Search, but I've got reasons to be dubious about whether search is truly doing anything, and apparently they're legitimate looking at LL's latest test announcements. Is anyone familiar with Out of Time Prefabs who can enlighten me on the situation with the company? Thanks in advance. :womanhappy:
  18. Void Singer wrote: probably a little to meta for this discussion, but reality is what you perceive... so if the perception hasn't changed than neither has reality.... at least as far as you are concerned. but since message boards are a pretty poor imitation of an concept of afterlife I've ever heard of, I'm going to assume at the very least that not matching is description provided by the doomsayer means the doomsayer was wrong... @Yoki: well then it's settled, since every public TPV I know of, and certainly every one in the TPV directory is based off of snowglobe 1.5+, they all have substantial V2 code in them, since V2 uses a large portion of that code base... and to add to that, those same TPV's cover most of the core features that were added by V2. Is that so? Well you... ahhhh /run
  19. Void Singer wrote: every large scale change in SL has had people claiming it will be the end of SL... and every such change in the future will hear the same claims until the end of time if need be. assuming that some other disaster doesn't overtake the world first, eventually one of them might even be right.... but lacking an actual reason, they (and you) still have it wrong.... saying the "signs are there" about the same bs that was claimed the last time isn't really a sign of anything, much to Doomsayers dismay, but it sounds good (after all the world was supposed to end last Saturday... yet here we still are chatting away) Ahh yes..."the world is ending". We've dismissed that claim. But have we Void? Have we? How do you know the afterlife doesn't have message boards? We could be on one right now. Ghosts don't always know they're ghosts. Just ask Bruce Willis. :womanvery-happy:
  20. Elisheva Sopwith wrote: Marianne Little wrote: Someone mentioned a couple where she found IM logs where her husband talked bad about her and said he would leave her for the SL affair. This sounds like ther is some pretty hard RL involvment. Both must respect these limits. That was me (who told the anecdote. Not, thank God, who was in the story). The funny thing is, this couple did actually have a "no rl" deal - no rl pictures, voice, cam, etc. That didn't stop the husband from becoming much too carried away with the women he met online, and in fairness to him, the wife also developed an attachment to someone else that left her feeling dissatisfied with her husband. The point is, I think, that there IS rl involvement when you're having ongoing intense sexy interaction with someone. Your real personality and desires are involved, and the fact the person can't see your face becomes rather immaterial. I have a theory (I will happily admit it is only a theory based on my observations, and I anticipate a flood of responses telling me I'm completely wrong) that humans are not very good at separating sex and love. Of course, not every hook up leads to a grand passion, but in my experience it is a very very very rare person who can sleep around without much discrimination and not cause or have any heartache as a result. Certainly if you have decided you are in a defined relationship with someone, to the point where you want everyone who looks at your profile to be aware of your connection with each other, you are not just bunny hugging. If sl sex has really not had any negative impact upon your marriage, then kudos and congratulations. (Though I maintain that there's a difference between relieving your boredom by pretending to fly or wear designer clothes, and by sharing intimate secrets with people.) But you are very very very rare. I wouldn't advise it in general. I certainly wouldn't advise it to someone who is so uncertain of herself, what she wants and what is acceptable in her own mind that she starts threads asking us all for advice on her personal life every other day. Highly Accurate Post is highly accurate. (I know! I've checked!)
  21. Tari Landar wrote: You should never feel sorry for starting a topic. Even if it's been done a million times over, it doesn't really matter. If folks don't want to discuss it, or see the thread, they have the option not to. I never did understand why folks cry foul at another's thread, simply because it's "been done before" or the responses are likely to be varied. But, whatever tickles your pickle. I'm not so sure if the OP was asking for validation, or permission, but I didn't really see it that way. More as an opening to a potential discussion. Don't like the sort of discussion, then just don't join it. Y'all make a bigger deal out of it than it really ought to be. Let us not forget that not everyone on the forums has seen *every other thread. No need to be rude about it. I, on the otherhand, am not one of those people fearful of discussing it I think each individual person has to decide for themselves what is and is not acceptable to them. I strongly urge folks who are in a rl relationship and also playing sl, to find out what that partner is *also comfortable with(even if they don't "play" sl). I think it's important to have those conversations so that you'll never have to fear crossing an invisible line.I do think it's important to have the same sort of dicussion with any sl partner as well though. Just so everyone is clear and on the same page. It can prevent a lot of potential messy situations. For *me* and me only, having a relationship in sl, while still being with someone else in rl, is not kosher. I would never do it, ever. It's not something I am personally comfortable with, nor will I ever be. I wouldn't judge others, as we're all free to do as we wish, of course. We all have different comfort levels, desires and opinions. But this is one of those personal boundaries that won't ever change. Thankfully my sl love, is my rl love, so it's not even an issue I really have to think about. But if he weren't, it would be something I'd think about and I would have set my own limits for myself long before joining sl. No you're absolutely right; of course it doesn't matter. Especially if you still believe the grid merge went in the proper direction. Why shouldn't adults have 40 threads worth of opportunities a month to tell others in as nice a way as possible to discover priorities? On the other hand, if you've seen enough people tripping over "The Evil That Toons Do" to conclude that maybe, just maybe, the Teen Grid should have stayed up so some struggling adults could be sent over there, then once particular topics become legendary for more drama than Screen Actors Guild, they've been done, and need not be repeated until the new board becomes the quagmire of ire that the old board became, due in no small part to these same sorts of topics. None of which is the fault of the OP mind you. My tone there was simply because there is no diplomatic way of saying it that doesn't do a disservice to the reader. Very simple. RL comes first. Get your house in order - the one that matters. Learn the difference. Accept it. Don't make SL more than it is and can be, and don't blame other residents if you try to and fail. Please. With sugar on top. So I can't be accused of not being sweet about it.
  22. BlazerStarr Sweetwater wrote: i am married in rl but my husband in rl and me keep sl and rl seperate.i possibly have a master and my rl hubby agreedto letting me have one as long as it dont go past sl...whats your thoughts on the subject Not to sound rude, but who cares what our thoughts are on the subject? How are we supposed to define what's over the line for you and your husband or provide any insight into it in any way? If the two of you have that little understanding of each other's boundaries that you have to ask strangers to sign off on your activities then there are probably higher priorities to attend to than the effects of SecondLife trysts. Other than that, if you are still that interested in what others feel about SL cheating, there are at this point probably 358 earlier threads on the subject, since it can't possibly ever be beaten to death, enough.
  23. LilyMcallister wrote: ahhh.. I found them. I went back to viewer instead of phoenix and it was easier to see "worn items". There was an alpha channel on my feet and when I took it off, it worked. YAY.. nice to have feet again and I will watch my detaching by right clicking an item in the future. Thanks for the suggestions! Lily YAY!!! :matte-motes-whistle: Glad we could find something that worked! For the record, I have been discovering that Detach All and Remove All Clothes don't always do what they say they will. Sometimes stuff hangs on, and I have no idea why that is, or why it varies. But 1.x viewers made it very easy to see what you are wearing, and moreover, they do not allow for multiple clothing, tattoo, or alpha layers, so technically as soon as you log in with one half the version 2 stuff you're wearing gets dumped automatically, leaving you with only the things that will truly be replaced by one of the test or generic outfits. Several of us are convinced that the problem is the multiple tattoo and clothing layer code behavior in 2.xx. We can't prove it, and SL doesn't seem to be taking it seriously, but we still think it will show itself to be true in the end.
  24. Well, I'm sure any minute now someone with a lot more insight into the inner technical dealings of SL will come along, but until they get here: I'm not sure at all why your choice of internet browser would have anything to do with tp capability in SL. You say you're getting a 404 error trying to tp in SL? As in Page Not Found? I didn't think tps were relying in any way on 3rd party web browsers so if what you mean is that you are getting a message claiming the destination you're trying to reach could not be found, then where are you getting the location from? Is it a notecard or a landmark? Is it possible that it's old and the place you're trying to reach has moved or the sim no longer exists? If that's not it, the sim or the server that handles it could be having issues causing it to not be able to be reached for transport. It could also be the amount of overhead you are bringing with you on the trip. Are you wearing a lot of jewelry or other script heavy attachments that could weigh down sim traversing? See if you can get there after doing a Detach All to remove script-using attachments. As far as search is concerned, it could depend on your viewer. The official version 2 viewers were having problems with the search feature such that everyone was pretty much complaining about it as recently as a week or two ago. I don't remember hearing that those issues were fixed. With advanced mode there should be no limitations on your use of notecards and landmarks so if you know you were using advanced mode then I'd definitely start with some of those things I mentioned. I wish i could be more definite about everything, but I'm talking as average user who has been in SL for 4 years but who doesn't spend a ton of time dissecting the code and how it works. But I hope I've helped in some way. :womanhappy:
  25. Dresden Ceriano wrote: From my rudimentary understanding of witchcraft (I have studied it, but that was a long time ago and I forgot most of it) casting a spell has to do with directing the natural energy of the universe. In which case, there's no reason why it shouldn't work. In fact, just thinking about it starts the process, from what I remember. You might think about having your friend bind the spirit to the server that runs said dog's A.I. program. Though that might effect a lot of other people's pets as well, that could make it even more interesting. ...Dres I agree with you in that life in the form of mental and metaphysical energy is given at the instant it is conceived with conviction and belief. Universal energy is there for any of us to direct and channel, but it requires our responsibility for its effects, since it can be used to harm as well as to help and everything it affects, affects something else in turn. By using energy to change something, one inevitably changes oneself. It is the strength of that belief that maintains such life. As such, I don't see that there is any requirement to bind positive energy to anything physical and finite, which would be a limiting factor even if it were viable and done. Something like a pet, and the associated feelings of love that accompany it, is and should remain limitless to travel with us wherever we go, requiring only our continuance of life to continue its own. In the same way we have given birth to our avies, whose existence and ideal does not disappear simply because their likenessess do when we log out, any other energetic manifestation that we create will do the same thing. Talismans, amulets, circles of power, etc. are little more than objects and hypotheticals until the energy and belief we generate gives them power. They are great for focusing energy, but to attribute more to them than this is to sort of have the tail wagging the dog, so to speak. I have given my avie consciousness such that when I am traveling within it, and logged in, I go with her on her travels, feel what she feels, guide her. But when I log off, the conscious energy I have given her, her sense of who she is, what she stands for, her personality in other words, can continue. She doesn't become a different person because I am not logged in. She doesn't cease to exist. When I leave her sitting on her balcony relaxing and looking out over the ocean, completely at peace, there is never a moment that my mind goes to her later in which I am not sure she is still enjoying herself doing that without my additional attention. Sorry if this is cryptic, too long, or doesn't help in any way, because that would be the opposite of what I intended. This topic is interesting to me and I hope that my beliefs can offer a useful "something" to think about. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:
×
×
  • Create New...