All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Two things: 1. The "Allow Group" option works fine for me. I have my parcel set to my group, and I had my group active when I rezzed the security system (to be sure that it is in the same group that I wanted to allow). I set it up as Diamond documents above - BE SURE TO TURN IT ON after you configure the settings. The light on the system will be green if it is on. I logged in an alt and set their group to a store group, and the system warned them when they entered the parcel, and ejected them after 15 seconds. I then changed my alt's group to the land group, and they were able to enter and stay in the parcel. That is how it is supposed to work. 2. No one has ever come onto one of my parcels to harrass me. Then again, my parcel location is not in my picks, and I do not list sexual, particularly kink, preferences on my profile either. Oh, yes, you SHOULD be able to do both those things without being bothered by unwelcome visitors. But, jerks abound. So yes, you do need a security system that works for you.
  3. But you're not claiming to be an adult either doing adult things. If I were doing adult things, and even though I'm quite fond of my avatar, if someone at LL said I was too short to be considered adult, I'd just change if I wanted to stay. It's their circus.
  4. Oh for sure they have access. A kind Linden once got into my inventory to search for something important I'd lost (an entire region build packaged in a rez-faux).
  5. Yeah, not sure why everyone seems so surprised that LL has access to your IMs. I assumed everyone knew that.
  6. At this rate LL are going to find out why end-to-end encryption of user communication matters to corporations the hard way. It's also notable that this is a key reason why the quest for businesses to hold meetings in SL can't ever succeed. It's plain text all the way down. You can bet LL wouldn't use a messaging service for their own communication that wasn't secure from the operator of that service.
  7. Idea: If short avatars are AR'd while cooking in modest clothing, because they are assumed to be under 18, then anyone reporting them will have to "eat their words" because those kind of false AR's won't fly around here.
  8. When they review the server record they'll see that your clothing was actually there because derendering won't affect that. Thanks, that's good to know. I can't think of other ways griefers could exploit the new TOS changes...hopefully there aren't any.
  9. No. You're deliberately misrepresenting the advice. Governance guidelines are, and this has been confirmed over and over again, that either (one or the other) the body OR the skin must have irremovable modesty coverings.
  10. Thank you for battling disinformation, it will be an uphill battle!
  11. When they review the server record they'll see that your clothing was actually there because derendering won't affect that.
  12. I have other things to do besides live on the forum so can't keep up with all that. From my scanning though I didn't see anything about people feeling the need to change the maturity setting on their region.
  13. This kind of thing is covered a lot in the ongoing threads about the TOS changes. I am sorry that you are not participating in those discussions, or perhaps you would be reassured on that possible issue. The TOS changes as they apply to "animal" avatars are also under deep discussion.
  14. I've literally had people I recently chatted with in groups or on other parcels, and blocked, drop by (one time with a friend who starts hurling abuse at me for telling them to leave). I've had a guy walk in and tell me, "I thought you looked hot" while bare-assed naked and sporting an erection. No, the people coming aren't former residents of the home, they're people harassing me. And now, I'm getting people harassing me, in-world, over this forum thread.
  15. Not sure anyone said they HAD to but wouldn't it be nice if Maitreya chose to adjust their current body in such a way to comply with the rule of no defined genitals so under 18 users could continue to wear all.of.their content? Is it a big ask? Might be but if it's not that difficult, fusing the first BoM layer to the current body and smoothing the genital area, why not?
  16. Are you saying that people into kinks are automatically bad people? I hope not, as I think a whole lot of people on this forum would be quite upset.
  17. Except it doesn't work, and the notecard says nothing about how to make it work. Once it's active, even set to group and the guest wearing the group tag, the guest gets booted.
  18. That's exactly what it means. Privacy from.other residents not from LL. They cover your right to privacy FROM them in their Privacy policy. That's referring to personal RL information. Not sure why anyone would think LL hasn't had access to your IMs and any pictures in your inventory which I could assume would be things used to prove an AR. I've thought that as long as I've been here. I'm reminded of the graphic novel / TV series "Preacher", in which ever prayer is recorded and can be used against you later. On the plus side, the ability to find "bad stuff" in chat logs is for our protection. I can't imagine how dull it would be if mods actually had to read and sift through our chat logs on a daily basis. On the other hand, you can read in the internet about how people hired to do moderation for some companies are traumatized by what they have to review.
  19. Good to know, but you're a lion avatar so don't have the same concerns I do as a human avatar. I actually don't know what you're implying, sorry! I already have my land on an adult region. I am thinking about G-region land instead, because then I can hang out with nice people who aren't looking for kink! If a griefer avatar derendered my clothing and took a photo I'd be naked when they stood beside me as a child avatar, whereas I don't believe that's the case for animal avatars? I don't know as I've never tried to derender an animal avatar.
  20. Wrong, the body has the modesty layers baked into it, because like that they are not removable. A skin with baked in modesty layers is still removable or replaceble.
  21. That's exactly what it means. Privacy from.other residents not from LL. They cover your right to privacy FROM them in their Privacy policy. That's referring to personal RL information. Not sure why anyone would think LL hasn't had access to your IMs and any pictures in your inventory which I could assume would be things used to prove an AR. I've thought that as long as I've been here.
  22. Good to know, but you're a lion avatar so don't have the same concerns I do as a human avatar. I actually don't know what you're implying, sorry! I already have my land on an adult region. I am thinking about G-region land instead, because then I can hang out with nice people who aren't looking for kink!
  23. I wasn't referring to anyone running around naked, but according to the new rules, if someone is roleplaying under 18, they need to wear a skin that has modesty layers baked into it.
  24. I had to come back and re-visit this. Second life is very much apart of my personal life. Has been for 17 years and 8 months. It allows me to be my real self while in the real world it's incredibly dangerous and sometimes even can be fatal to be a person like me. I am closeted transgender in real life and may never *ever* be able to be my real self. In second life I can at least obtain a small piece of feeling what it's like to be free. For you second life is a "Quirky little game" For others it's an escape from an incredibly harsh reality. Eroding the "Reasonable Expectation of Privacy" that most people have in regards to the virtual world/internet and their virtual identity is not only a good way to lose customers, but also sets a dangerous precedent. I don't expect sympathy, in fact I expect you'll laugh react to this because you seem to get a kick out of being sadistic to people. Just telling it how it is.
  1. Load more activity