WHAT is wrong with marketplace?

Isadora Corral

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Isadora Corral wrote:

I
have
been
trying
endlessly
today
to
get
things
listed
on
market
HOWEVER
it
will
not
let
me
upload
pictures
It
keeps
saying
its
then
just
stops
No
errors
or
anything
of
the
sort
!

HELP
!
lolol

You might want to check this thread out ... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/EXISTING-MARKETPLACE-JIRAS-ISSUE-LOG/td-p/1459899

if your issue does not fit into any of those cited JIRAs you may want to write a new one about your issue:)

It costs 899L per week to advertise EACH item on the Marketplace homepage. As Marketplace was not working, no-one could see my items. Linden Labs even posted a notice saying they knew Marketplace wasnt working and they were trying hard to fix it. Anyway, I asked them for a refund of my linden dollars and would readvertise when marketplace was fixed OR they could readvertised my products beginning from when marketplace was fixed. This was the anser i received from them:

Thank you for contacting Customer Support regarding the Featured Product Listing Enhancements on the Second Life Marketplace web site, located here:   https://marketplace.secondlife.com/   Customer Support is unable to accommodate your refund request.   Linden Lab does not guarantee that any portion of the Second Life services, including the web sites, will operate error free, or without issues and refunds are not issued for services purchased from Linden Lab.

BEWARE! Do not spend unnecassary lindens advertising. There is a good chance you are paying L$s for nothing.

KarlinJames Zepp wrote:

It costs 899L per week to advertise EACH item on the Marketplace homepage. As Marketplace was not working, no-one could see my items. Linden Labs even posted a notice saying they knew Marketplace wasnt working and they were trying hard to fix it. Anyway, I asked them for a refund of my linden dollars and would readvertise when marketplace was fixed OR they could readvertised my products beginning from when marketplace was fixed. This was the anser i received from them:

Thank you for contacting Customer Support regarding the Featured Product Listing Enhancements on the Second Life Marketplace web site, located here:  
  Customer Support is unable to accommodate your refund request.   Linden Lab does not guarantee that any portion of the Second Life services, including the web sites, will operate error free, or without issues and refunds are not issued for services purchased from Linden Lab.

BEWARE! Do not spend unnecassary lindens advertising. There is a good chance you are paying L$s for nothing.

ALL of the listing "enhancements" are a huge joke.  Don't waste your money on ANY of them.  EVER.  Find other ways to advertise your products (like blogging) that will work much better and are free.

While there are laws that offer LL limited protection from having to offer refunds if their policy is crystal clear, there are also other laws that protect consumers from being charged for non working services and products, among other things.

In short this is not legal, in CA and in most states. The law is going to be with the consumer on this one, fake money or not.

Ethically you can't do much worse. In the REAL world just about every company on the planet refunds when their service didn't perform and they were at fault, seriously LL .... this is every business on every corner in the country.

You can't take advantage of or insult your users any more than blindly taking their money for a service you didn't properly provide.

You've lost all semblence of trust and maturity in business. The corner store does better business than this.

Jesus, most businesses I deal with will refund at the barest hint of a problem or customer disatisfaction, as would most of the merchants you charge money for overpriced shoddy product to.

Grow up.

I'm in lawyers up to my eyeballs, it's part of the day job. Let them lawyer up and come after me for calling out bad business practices.

Rather working with other groups to protect content creators and independent contractor and consumer law in general on a larger front than the 7-11 that is SL along the highway of life.

Might have worded that badly, I'm not upset other than mild disgust at the fact that they think they're immune to refunding some of their customers, thus the response to that one post.

Not initiating or promoting legal action toward them, in fact the commerce team really needs to speak with legal about it, if they actually care for their own protection.

Not likely anyone is taking them to court, but under the right circumstances LL has nothing to stand on.

Their other practices of getting away with laws on funds, sales  and restrictions that other companies must abide by, because of LL's fake currency is something I've always had issue with.

By all means they should just fix the bugs, but that doesn't excuse them from having to grow up and shoot straight as a business like everyone else must do.

When you're in the business of making money off of other people "stuff" you kind of have to be responsible.

The business world works because of these checks and balances.

Ann Otoole wrote:

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
lawyer up 

Good idea.

Where can I send my $L to make that happen?

to the international association of internet lawyers and know-it-alls?

The IAILKIA? That sounds like something I contracted at Summer Camp once. LOL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.