What in the Heck have they done to the MarketPlace???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the new update for the MarketPlace for the new delivery folder in inventory, the site has been next to unusable. I have searched around on LL blog for info but i see nothing. The pages take FOREVER to load now, sometimes you can actually make it to your cart to buy before your page times out. I can only imagine everyone's sales must be suffering. Seems to work better on Mozilla, rather than Explorer now, but not by much. Any info out there if there is a good work around on this, lemme know, thanks :))

There's a notice on the marketplace that acknowledges that it is running slow and that they are trying to figure out why.  They only show it when you go to "Merchant Home", the shoppers never see it.

"March 23, 2012

Marketplace has been experiencing slow performance over the past few days. The team has been working to address this as quickly as possible. We will continue to work on performance, but we want to make you aware of the changes we have made so far."

and here are the changes:

"With the launch of Direct Delivery, the Marketplace traffic increased and our site has been struggling to keep up, resulting in the slowness many Merchants experienced since March 21. In order to address this slowness we had to make some changes which will be visible to Merchants. When Merchants update searchable terms (listing title, keywords, product features), it will now take at most 5 minutes for these updates to be visible to customers and when Merchants look for listings in their stores. Here are the places you should expect to wait 5 minutes before seeing your update:

• searching from the main Marketplace search (item search, merchant/store search, store search)
  • in Merchant Admin, when editing a listing:
    • the list of inventory items returned when you click "Edit associated object" will show data that may be up to 5 minutes old
    • the listings returned when you click "Add related item" will show data that may be up to 5 minutes old
    • the listings returned when you click "Add demo item" will show data that may be up to 5 minutes old"

Syo Emerald wrote:

Yes its frustration searching now for items. I think I better go inworld shopping until they fix the problems.

ya i thought it was slow before lol

it's like connecting to server that is using a  dialup..

i went through a whole bag of twizzlers just on one shopping spree yesterday..

those were sposed to last me for all my shopping spree's for the week!!!!!

well i guess in a way they did..my MP spree's anyways..i'm about done with the market now..i don't have all day to just shop..i need some unpacking and wearing time  also lol

i feel so violated \o/

us pro shoppers are getting our style cramped..

we should be working on our technic instead of trouble shooting  our game heheheh

Dear friends I was shocked. Merchants are ordered to put their XStreet Magic Box items in their inventory folder "Merchant Outbox". This is very dangereous and conflicts with privacy rules!!! It allows marketplace, Linden Lab and hackers to access your inventory. So please complain about this. Today I made an avatar vendor account. It takes a lot of time to transfer all my shopping items. Regards, Frankie

I've been spending a lot of time on the Merchants Forum trying to get answers re: the new DD system and wondered if customers are aware of the change yet so hopped over here.  All the frustration expressed here is being expressed by the merchants big time.  IMO the Magic Boxes were working just fine overall.  I'm also a bit intrigued that some people may opt to not have an in-world store now, thus contributing to the current glut of unsold land.  Even if people just needed to host their Magic Boxes some land was needed.  One merchant even posted that this new system would save her money as she wouldn't need land anymore.  So, why would LL do something that potentially could cost them revenue?

The privacy/inventory issue is something I'm not real happy about either.  I haven't researched that specifically on the Merchant Forums yet and haven't seen any thread titles addressing that yet so it may be covered...somehow.  Beyond that, I try to keep a streamlined inventory and store seasonal items I only list periodically, etc. in storage boxes.  Now, if I'm understanding this correctly, all my merchandise will need to stay in my inventory in its entirety.

Currently this whole thing is a moot issue for me personally as my PC will not run the viewers necessary to list on the MP via DD.  Any viewer still operational in SL can be used to purchase, but only the latest versions of the SL viewer...I think it's v3, the newest Firestorm and one other must be used to list; therefore, unless I purchase a new computer (due to its age, a simple upgrade is not possible) prior to the cutoff date for the Magic Boxes, my MP listings will be temporarily gone. 

Anyway, as a merchant, consumer, and SL resident, I do hope the new MP system is debugged soon!!!

kinda Fallen wrote:

Since the new update for the MarketPlace for the new delivery folder in inventory, the site has been next to unusable. I have searched around on LL blog for info but i see nothing. The pages take FOREVER to load now, sometimes you can actually make it to your cart to buy before your page times out. I can only imagine everyone's sales must be suffering. Seems to work better on Mozilla, rather than Explorer now, but not by much.
Any info out there if there is a good work around on this, lemme know, thanks
:)
)

You could try the best workaround there is - shop at shops and not in the website. And make it a permanent change to help SL return to what it was - a world with shops.

Linden Lab unscrupulously hijacked shopping for their own gain, and at the expense of paying customers, and they've made a real pig's ear of it ever since. It's disheartening how the masses have abandoned Second Life in this respect.

Frankie Tokyoska wrote:

Dear friends I was shocked. Merchants are ordered to put their XStreet Magic Box items in their inventory folder "Merchant Outbox". This is very dangereous and conflicts with privacy rules!!! It allows marketplace, Linden Lab and hackers to access your inventory. So please complain about this. Today I made an avatar vendor account. It takes a lot of time to transfer all my shopping items. Regards, Frankie

Rubbish!  It's neither dangerous nor anything to do with privacy.

Linden Lab OWN Secondlife, they already have FULL access to everyones inventory and the Direct Delivery process offers nothing via this to "hackers".

Don't spread or fuel silly rumours that are so far from accurate that it's unreal.

Merchants put items to upload into Merchant Outbox, the items are TRANSFERRED and removed as part of the upload process.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

The privacy/inventory issue is something I'm not real happy about either.  I haven't researched that specifically on the Merchant Forums yet and haven't seen any thread titles addressing that yet so it may be covered...somehow.  Beyond that, I try to keep a streamlined inventory and store seasonal items I only list periodically, etc. in storage boxes.  Now, if I'm understanding this correctly, all my merchandise will need to stay in my inventory in its entirety.

There is NO privacy issue, nothing has to remain in your inventory.  All the migration details and video are posted to the commerce blog.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Frankie Tokyoska wrote:

Linden Lab OWN Secondlife, they already have FULL access to everyones inventory and the Direct Delivery process offers nothing via this to "hackers".

Don't spread or fuel silly rumours that are so far from accurate that it's unreal.

Merchants put items to upload into Merchant Outbox, the items are TRANSFERRED and removed as part of the upload process.

Be reasonable, Sassy. We all need something to complain about for our daily dose of drama and, if we can't find anything realistic, allow us the option of inventing things :)

Sassy Romano wrote:

Frankie Tokyoska wrote:

very true..we don't even deal direct with the merchants in the transaction..if we did then there would be no merchants complaining about not recieving the funds from the purchase that we sent when we bought those things..

there are a lot of merchants not getting paid for things we buy right now..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

very true..we don't even deal direct with the merchants in the transaction..if we did then there would be no merchants complaining about not recieving the funds from the purchase that we sent when we bought those things..

there are a lot of merchants not getting paid for things we buy right now..

Yes and the most common reason is unicode in the listing titles

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4580

The irony is that if they'd read and acted upon a JIRA that I filed a while ago this couldn't have happened.  The bigger irony is that the JIRA numbers are just digits transposed, fix the first, second wouldn't have happened, oh well it amused me :)

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4508

Second Life Marketplace is down for maintenance.

Sorry for any inconvenience. It'll be back online soon!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Right when i had items getting transferred..the last time they did this i had items in transfer as well..

bleh!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.