Direct Delivery Feedback

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Parrish Ashbourne wrote:

I'm 100% DD and my shop is 99% copy/mod No transfer, I just did a few test after reading this and the perms are fine, the new test delivery is really nice for this.

Parrish, are test deliveries enabled without the Merchant paying commission on their own goods (I've looked through all the DD info but can't find the mention of that)? This was disabled when Xstreet transitioned to the MP, so I'm curious if with DD it has been re-enabled.  I haven't done my migration yet to DD and the listings associated with Magic Boxes don't offer a "test" delivery option.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Parrish Ashbourne wrote:

I'm 100% DD and my shop is 99% copy/mod No transfer, I just did a few test after reading this and the perms are fine, the new test delivery is really nice for this.

Parrish, are test deliveries enabled without the Merchant paying commission on their own goods (I've looked through all the DD info but can't find the mention of that)? This was disabled when Xstreet transitioned to the MP, so I'm curious if with DD it has been re-enabled.  I haven't done my migration yet to DD and the listings associated with Magic Boxes don't offer a "test" delivery option.

Howdy, Arwen!

I've test delivered several of my direct delivery listings and was NOT charged a comission.  So the feature is back, and no cost to test the delivery!  Also...the permissions on your test deliveries come to you exactly how your customers will receive it.  So that's a good way to make sure those are correct!

Darrius Gothly wrote:

DoC,

I just found out that you can "Bulk Edit" to change a bunch of listings all at once from "None" to "Unpacking". That will save a lot of time in editing a lot of listings at once.

O.M.G., Darrius!!!!

That right there saved me like...I don't know...a hundred million hours of work!!!  Thanks a LOT for that one, Dude! :)

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

MY big question is;  Will we receive sales notifications through direct delivery like we did with the magic boxes?  I hope so.

Well, I can answer my own question here now...

No.  We do NOT receive sales notifications inworld like we did with the magic boxes.  Me and a buddy just tested this out.  No notifications...my linden dollar balance just changed is all. 

I really liked those notifications too, dang it!  :(

Yeah, those Sales Notifications were IMs from the Magic Box itself. No Magic Box, no IM.

Now you see why I am waiting on ANS before I convert. I need something on every sale, and since my Sales Notification emails come in about 5% of the time, 3-5 days late .. they won't do either.

so what do i do??? i dragged 200+ items more than once into the outbox but they won't stay in there.. after reloggin several times, all the items i just dragged in are gone.. now i see only like 10 items in there.. did the original batch drag and the website is laggin and box or what?? its a lot of work to keep readding to outbox if its not gonna stay in there..

Once you hit "Send to Marketplace" the items in there should disappear. That Merchant Outbox is like the Outbox on your email program; it's just a temporary holding place for stuff to be sent. Once sent, it's moved out and vanishes from the Outbox.

It's not a list of "What you have uploaded", it's a holding place for stuff you are about to send.

Mikayla Ares wrote:

oh but now all my items are appearing in the lost and found wtf? so it won't add duplicate listings since i dragged items more than once in there??

Wait .. what? The Lost and Found folder in your Viewer's Inventory? Or do you mean in the "Unassociated Inventory" listing at the top of the Manage Listings page on Marketplace?

I would expect the extra copies to appear in the Unassociated Inventory list. If that is where they are then they're duplicates so it's safe to just delete them.

no in my lost and found.. i'm on recent items tab and lost and found suddenly popped up with all the marketplace items.. and on my actual marketplace most are still saying magic box as delievery when i know i dragged everything in the box on over..they are saying list new.. i do not have pics of the items saved for me to iist new on those ones..

Ahh .. okay. So when you dropped a duplicate item into the Merchant Outbox, it kicked the prior item over to your Viewer's Lost and Found. Have you used the Send to Marketplace button yet to actually SEND any items up to Marketplace?

It doesn't send automatically; it's a Manual operation. Drop in the items you want to send, click on Send to Marketplace .. and then stand back.

Make SURE the items you drop in are named the same as they were inside your Magic Box and the Marketplace will convert them to Direct Delivery automatically. If the names are different (not recommended) then you'll have to make the conversion to DD yourself manually. Just edit a product listing, click on the "Edit associated object" button, and pick the proper item from the list of items available for Direct Delivery.

yeah i dragged directly from box to folder... and then from folder into the outbox.. i did send it.. and then they disappeared which freaked me out.. i'm a bit tired atm so not sure if it said they would do that hence me asking about it here.. and now.. my listing page is all messed up.. with most items still saying magic box and for me to create a new listing for them..

Hmm .. may be time to have a good night's rest and look at it with more awake eyes in the morning. If it's still confusing, you may want to try sending one item at a time, verify the names are correct .. and then if it's still fubar ...

(I hate to say this but .. )

Might be time to ..... (wait for it) ..... File a Support Ticket

(ducks and runs for cover)

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Yeah, those Sales Notifications were IMs from the Magic Box itself. No Magic Box, no IM.

Now you see why I am waiting on ANS before I convert. I need something on every sale, and since my Sales Notification emails come in about 5% of the time, 3-5 days late .. they won't do either.

All day long with DD I have been getting the email notification right a way, no delay.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

All day long with DD I have been getting the email notification right a way, no delay.

It's a problem I've had for months now. I commented on the JIRA about it. The JIRA was subsequently closed with the comment "If you're still experiencing this issue, reopen and comment" ... which I did. They tried again, a few others got fixed but not me.

I've now resigned myself to the fact that it just will not send me those. I get every other email from the site without issue. But sales notification emails? Nope.

P4NDOR4 Quintessa wrote:

Wow, I can't believe how easy it was to migrate to the Direct Delivery!  I was cringing and procrastinating for hours, and finally got it done in 5 mins...I have to say I am impressed!

After testing it, I can see how people are going to love it. Well done LL!

Cool I got mine done too. I hope everyone else did it working too, it is sad they are having probs.

When it finally recognized that I indeed had a marketplace store the move to direct delivery went quite smoothly. I even took the time to make them into folders. I even had my first encounter with Torley videos :catsurprised: Never watch videos really as I prefer to read but made an exception to make sure I'd get this right. So far so good!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.