Direct Delivery Feedback

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Arkesh Baral wrote:

If I reupload a copy of a DD folder without changing the name (old and new names match), will it overwrite a currently associated DD item and attach itself to the proper listing? I'm hoping the answer is yes. Overwrite would be a lot easier in case we want to change a landmark in the folder or add a notecard or something. That way there's no reassociating to do on the website.

Yes it replaces the old one, BUT it keeps a copy of the Magic Box listing (though it is offline). I deleted the Magic Box listing after I check to make sure all DD listing was correct.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah it was petty, I just  disagreed with his  request for comments on that controversial jira about  online status to be purely technical and not have emotional 'me too' responses as well. A few hours later I was unable to log into the jira system and  have been locked out ever since - maybe coincidence but I think not. I can read the jiras but can't login but the same password lets me access all other areas. I was shut out without notice or explanation so I can only  conclude that  if not Oz then some other Linden saw reds under the bed.

You can check it out here https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-4823?

Anyway back to the  main topic. I still can't  get my Merchant Outbox to activate. I've tried every viewer possible and cleared cache and  logged out of market place and back in - all to no avail.

I'm happy you and many other have had some success and it really wouldn't bother me too much if they hadn't said that there was a 2 month to drop dead date. I have a heck of a lot going on RL right now and some vacation time coming up too. So with over  1000 items needing to be migrated (and I will not be sending unboxed folders to folks as the box is  part of many of my products) it's going to eat more time than I was planning for :-(

^L^

My Merchant Outbox isn't working. What's up?
If you are using the Second Life Viewer, a relog should get you going. You might even have to log off and back on the Marketplace to make sure your account is all set up. If that does not work, file a JIRA or contact support.

-------------

Would have filed a jira by now but it seems  this particular premium paying member is  barred from the process *sigh*

^L^

Lasher I feel your frustration, it is not working for me either. I don't think that the reason it does not work for me is related to your problem though.

I just created a jira https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4548 anyone who uses Linux having the same problem please vote, and even if you don't use Linux please vote still so they can fix this for me :D I will give you all hugs!

Reading how to add items

Packaging your items in a box

It is not usually necessary to pack items in a box if you wish to sell more than one item in a single Marketplace listing.  Instead, you may add the packaged items to a single folder in your Merchant outbox, as described in Adding a new item to your Marketplace listings.  

However, due to limitations on the Merchant outbox, you may still need to employ boxes if your listing needs to contain:

• More than 200 objects
  • More than 20 folders
  • Folders more than 4 levels deep
Link should go here:
But I get this message:
Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action.

Please click the Back button on your browser.

DoC Eldritch wrote:

LL

The "Usage Requirements:" is defaulting to "None" in the merchant item listings. When a buyer looks at the listings, a message on the right of the screen will read as follows:

Use It Now

This item will be delivered directly to you or a friend in Second Life, unpacked and ready to use. No land or sandbox required.

If a merchant is simply converting packed objects to DD at this time, and not actually unpacking them into deliverable folders, this message is incorrect. A merchant simply converting packed objects to DD would have to edit each listing to "Unpacking" in the "Usage Requirements" to get the following"

Unpacking Required

This item requires you to find a place in Second Life (like a Sandbox) to unpack and use it.

Changing this to default to "Unpacking" would have better.

If I may offer a slightly "smarter" solution:

If there is one item in the newly uploaded folder and that one item has the same name as the folder name THEN set it to Unpacking. However if there is more than one item or if the single item has a different name than the folder, set it to "None" (or whatever the "no need to unpack" option is called).

I've now got  what you've got Marcus . No way to delete the unassociated items in bulk. Just 1 at item at a time and painfully slow refreshing that would make chewing my own ankle off less painful - grrrrrrr - Thank You NOT CLT

^L^

Lasher Oh wrote:

I've now got  what you've got Marcus . No way to delete the unassociated items in bulk. Just 1 at item at a time and painfully slow refreshing that would make chewing my own ankle off less painful - grrrrrrr - Thank You NOT CLT

^L^

Same here Lasher & Marcus...it's taking forever and more often than not I get the message about something unexpected has gone wrong...

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Lasher Oh wrote:

^L^

Same here Lasher & Marcus...it's taking forever and more often than not I get the message about something unexpected has gone wrong...

I have had these type of errors before with LL stuff and what it has turned out to be is an internet hiccup. If you need to be inworld and logged in to the website at the same time turn your graphics down. I often turn mine all the way to low so it eats up less internet bandwidth. With these type of failures I find the more bandwidth you can give the process at hand the better. It seems like if it is interrupted even the tiniest bit, it will fail.

And the new sorting of inventory by date rather than by name is making the task even more  time consuming especially as it takes two slow clicks to sort the list alphabetically then when you do get the items cross checked and deleted  the page defaults back to  sorted by date again. It's crazy!

I'm not inworld - the  problem is that the merchants tools  for the marketplace have always been below par, slow and ill thought through. The people who work on this site seem to have not a single clue about how to design a speedier interface rather they actually seem to deliberately build in stumbling blocks and have taken away simple common sense features such as persistant refreshes when we have chosen our prefered inventory layout.

^L^

the really scary crazy thing is that having to delete each item 1 by 1 and it taking at least 45 second each to refresh must be putting much more load on the server than  what it would be if the bulk delete feature actually worked

^L^

Lasher Oh wrote:

^L^

Hey, Lasher:

I got this message from Dakota Linden about deleting the unassociated items from the direct delivery migration.  To speed things up:

"If the products you are trying to remove from your Unassociated Inventory section are the old items that were in the Magic Box, you can quickly remove everything there using the following steps.

Pick up the Magic Box in world so that it is no longer rezzed in world with the products, or open the Magic Box and move all of the items back into your Inventory.

Click on Sync Marketplace to Magic Box.

This should force the web site to see that the Magic Box items are no longer there, and clear your Unassociated Inventory section at once."

If that works...that will at least help speed up deleting the old stuff!

Taff Nouvelle wrote:

I have just read the notes on using direct delivery, and it appears that ALL items must now be transfer. that really messes up some of my products that are mod copy/ no trans, surely this is not right ??

Can you copy/paste that information from their wiki or KB please? I've read everything pretty closely and don't remember seeing it anywhere. There's a lot of folks that have moved to DD 100% today .. and I know for a fact a lot of them are selling No Transfer items without error.

Chalice Piers wrote:

Same here! I cant move anything over. I get the circle with the line through it, yet my partner had no problem with his. I'm using SL V3 viewer.

Try logging out of Marketplace (with the "Sign Out" button in the upper right corner of the Marketplace website) the close your Browser. Then sign out of SL and close your Viewer. Wait about 3-5 minutes then ...

Sign back into Marketplace. When you log in successfully, fire up your Viewer and log into SL then try your Merchant Outbox again. That seems to help most folks, it might just fix your issue too.

(With a nod of thanks to Sera Lok for posting that solution elsewhere)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.