Direct Delivery Feedback

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I ordered the bear twice, the first one hours ago. My outbox is still not working after several relogs. I am seeing lots of messages about the outbox not working, so it's not ordering the bear, it's something else... updating inventory servers or something.

ETA: it's so amazing that a little thing like this could be so easily clarified by a Linden coming and saying a few words, and they haven't. Just amazing.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I was excited about the launch but I already have beef with this thing. The received Items folder does not go anywhere in the normal inventory window, it stays in the bottom new "received items" window? What happens after many years of shopping you will have a big list and things become harder to find, oh but wait we have search right? 

Well... If you search in the inventory window the results do not include anything in the received items folder. Is this a bug? or am I missing something here?

Screenshot-52.png

In this example I used the DD Bear. notice it is not in the search results, we know it is under the received itams folder but what happens when you have a lot of items there? It will be hard to find the item.

I ordered and got the bear no problem right away.

Then decided to give the DD a spin. Tried phoenix and  surprise surprise Phoenix is not compatible so merchants can't upload to market place with that. So switched to Firestorm - got the merchant outbox opened tried to drag my first item in and  nothing will flow into it. Just a frustrating no entry sign. So then I bite the bullet swallow my pride and  launch viewer three (one of mankinds genuine abominations) - surely that will let me load my products to the merchant outbox.

Off course not - silly boy !

Now some folks keep saying that the udate is still updating but not one single  CLT member has given an status report so I can only assume at this stage the system is borked before it has even started.

And if I was so inclined I would raise a Jira , but Oz Linden  locked me out of the Jira permanently so now I cant even vote never mind raise one but that's probably a blessing for me in disguise :-)

^L^

And also I keep getting network connection failure please try again later messages when trying to add things to the outbox. Is anyone else having this problem? I am on Linux. 

Screenshot-54.png

ETA: The pic

Arrrggg! this is driving me crazy, if this is a Linux only bug all hopes of it ever getting fixed are lost.

Sera Lok wrote:

ETA: it's so amazing that a little thing like this could be so easily clarified by a Linden coming and saying a few words, and they haven't. Just amazing.

Exactly, Miss Sera!  They could EASILY stop in for a sec and let us know what the heck is goin on.  I STILL am workin on deleting the items in my unassociated items list that got pushed out when I uploaded the direct delivery items.  I keep gettin the "We're sorry...be right back" message.  What's goin on with THAT, commerce team?  Come on!  Stop a sec and let us know what's happening!

Converted the first server, and the upload worked as described. Test deliveries did what it should do also. 

Deleting obsolete items was a bit of a pain as they could only be deleted one by one. Selecting more than one for deletion resulted in a oops message. I am sure the servers are getting hammered though.

Will convert my next server in a day ot two if this one works as expected. Then comes the unpacking of the boxes for upload....

Gavin Hird wrote:

Converted the first server, and the upload worked as described. Test deliveries did what it should do also. 

Deleting obsolete items was a bit of a pain as they could only be deleted one by one. Selecting more than one for deletion resulted in a oops message. I am sure the servers are getting hammered though.

Will convert my next server in a day ot two if this one works as expected. Then comes the unpacking of the boxes for upload....

I had EXACTLY the same problems with deleting, Gavin.  Gods, I wish they'd fix it!  Can we just delete some stuff, please???

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Can you rez an item from the received items folder? I think the idea is that people will move items to their main inventory because the Received Items folder lacks some basic functionality.

I just tested this with one of the items I got from a test delivery and yes...it allowed me to rez it by dragging from received items to the ground.  That's what you meant, right?

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Doing some test deliveries...are we supposed to be getting delivery notifications when something sells through direct delivery?  Because of the ones I've test delivered so far...no notices at ALL.

Me either. :(

ETA: They are going to my email though, I am just laking the inworld notices.

Sera Lok wrote:

Everyone - if you still have a Merchant Outbox that is not recognizing your store, try logging out of the Marketplace website and then back in. This just worked for me!

Yay, Miss Sera!  If it had taken THIS long for MINE to start working, I woulda been pullin my hair out!  I'm glad yours is workin now! :smileyvery-happy:

LL

The "Usage Requirements:" is defaulting to "None" in the merchant item listings. When a buyer looks at the listings, a message on the right of the screen will read as follows:

Use It Now

This item will be delivered directly to you or a friend in Second Life, unpacked and ready to use. No land or sandbox required.

If a merchant is simply converting packed objects to DD at this time, and not actually unpacking them into deliverable folders, this message is incorrect. A merchant simply converting packed objects to DD would have to edit each listing to "Unpacking" in the "Usage Requirements" to get the following"

Unpacking Required

This item requires you to find a place in Second Life (like a Sandbox) to unpack and use it.

Changing this to default to "Unpacking" would have better.

Lasher Oh wrote:

And if I was so inclined I would raise a Jira , but Oz Linden  locked me out of the Jira permanently so now I cant even vote never mind raise one but that's probably a blessing for me in disguise :-)

^L^

Wait...Oz Linden banned you from filing a jira???  Forever???  Wow.  I don't know what you did, Lasher, but it must have been terribly, horribly, wretchedly bad.  Jeeze!

If I reupload a copy of a DD folder without changing the name (old and new names match), will it overwrite a currently associated DD item and attach itself to the proper listing? I'm hoping the answer is yes. Overwrite would be a lot easier in case we want to change a landmark in the folder or add a notecard or something. That way there's no reassociating to do on the website.

Latest Firestorm also gives me this message when trying to upload an item to the outbox.

Screenshot-55.png

Confirmed problem affecting Linux builds of official LL viewer, and Firestorm. I will try Catznip but my guess is that the result will be the same if this is only affecting Linux. LL please fix this, don't wait till a TPV developer has to find a fix for Linux build problems like the profile feed picture sharing problem. 

Darren Scorpio wrote:

Yes I rezzed the bear from the received items folder.

Thanks, and to Gavin and Marcus.  I'm getting confused with the bigger Received Items folder project that is currently on hold, the proposal there to avoid having large received Items folders was that you wouldn't be able to rez from the received items folder.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.