How did the universe come into existence?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

This is why definition and scope are so important.

ow ..err .. right..

.. that ..

( .. wow .. :robotsurprised: )

Turns a well defined ankle while spitting her Scope back into the bathroom sink.

What makes your definition of ankle any more true than any other definition of ankle?

Ask Rob.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

ow ..err .. right..

.. that ..

Turns a well defined ankle while spitting her Scope back into the bathroom sink.

What makes your definition of ankle any more true than any other definition of ankle?

Ask Rob.

Now I have to get all my answers from an artificial intelligence created by dubious means? 

Yeah, now that you mention it, might as well.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

ow ..err .. right..

.. that ..

Ask Rob.

Now I have to get all my answers from an artificial intelligence created by dubious means? 

Yeah, now that you mention it, might as well.

It's a tough choice, isn't it? Rob's artificial intelligence or Maddy's natural...

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Heywaitaminute, meatbag ... who' s claiming I' m intelligent here ? :robotfrustrated:

Well, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt (I'll have to look up that phrase later, but I think it's favorable to you), but if you insist, I can class you with the rest of the sentient beings.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I remember first learning that water was the only non-metallic element that expands when frozen.

Ice is an element?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

But any who, Ice also sublimates.

No. She also said ice floats because of expansion, which is also false, everyone knows it's because of the bubbles.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I remember first learning that water was the only non-metallic element that expands when frozen.

Ice is an element?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

But any who, Ice also sublimates.

I float corrected! And yes it does sublime.

CO2 also never exists as a liquid at atmospheric pressure, so we (generally) know it only as dry ice and gas. Sublime!

Very good, most would not say that, most would feel insulted, but you chose not to, LOL, once I tried to put you off, cos you have a mind that intrudes, but it seems it is hard to do that, lol, just see me as an arrogant fool that is so insulated that is blind to any truths, lol, cos if you don't the hall of mirrors we all live in could break for you.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

Very good, most would not say that, most would feel insulted, but you chose not to, LOL, once I tried to put you off, cos you have a mind that intrudes, but it seems it is hard to do that, lol, just see me as an arrogant fool that is so insulated that is blind to any truths, lol, cos if you don't the hall of mirrors we all live in could break for you.

She does indeed intrude, but she's cute and she puts up with us.

No one has the right to take away a persons dreams, truth is an illusion, truth can only hurt as it is only required when a person is unsure, this thread came about for reasons that are not apparent, in a sense it is a trap, to uncover what many believe to be a fraud, but there again don't you think that because of it's dishonesty that it deserves nothing?

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

Thanks?

My mind is like a mouse, it is small and it likes to burrow in. 

I won't look upon you as an arrogant fool, to me you are like the giant tortoise in The Never Ending Story.

Hard to understand, kinda mean, but very interesting.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

No one has the right to take away a persons dreams, truth is an illusion, truth can only hurt as it is only required when a person is unsure, this thread came about for reasons that are not apparent, in a sense it is a trap, to uncover what many believe to be a fraud, but there again don't you think that because of it's dishonesty that it deserves nothing?

I would rather discover what I believe to be a fraud rather than to believe in a lie.

Believing in a lie works only as long as the lie is perpetuated, once it begins to crack it causes more discomfort than it soothes. 

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

Are you saying that this thread came about for reasons that are not apparent, except to you, who deems it a trap and dishonest?

ETA: As for not having the right to take away someone's dreams, I suppose that would require an ability to do so, wouldn't it? I don't know how I'd take away someone's dream that they could fly by flapping their arms, other than by letting them try it. So maybe you are right? We have no right to let people jump off buildings with arms flapping?

But if the truth equates to what appears to a pointless excise as far as the mechanics of life is concerned why know it, once an important person asked me "what is the point", I said that is only important because you feel there should be one, can you not see that live is so for lives sake, he could not understand, he needed a point because he needed an aim for the human race, I tried to tell him that we have choice, we can choose to strive for a reason and be disappointed or we could enjoy the life we had, but he still needed a reason.

Anyway I am only here cos the lindens have pissed me off and I am thinking of flapping my wings to create a storm, lol, you should ignore me, as in my mind I am upset and want to create havoc, lol, i hate it when people are nice to me, lol, give me an excuse to create havoc here and get banned.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

But if the truth equates to what appears to a pointless excise as far as the mechanics of life is concerned why know it, once an important person asked me "what is the point", I said that is only important because you feel there should be one, can you not see that live is so for lives sake, he could not understand, he needed a point because he needed an aim for the human race, I tried to tell him that we have choice, we can choose to strive for a reason and be disappointed or we could enjoy the life we had, but he still needed a reason.

Anyway I am only here cos the lindens have pissed me off and I am thinking of flapping my wings to create a storm, lol, you should ignore me, as in my mind I am upset and want to create havoc, lol, i hate it when people are nice to me, lol, give me an excuse to create havoc here and get banned.

I think you are arguing against the need for a point or reason. I can go either way, depending on the context. There are mathematicians probing arcane corners of the field with no particular point in mind, other than seeing what they can think up. This pointlessness has, more than once, illuminated something which eventually had great value. Having a point can be a very limiting thing!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.