How did the universe come into existence?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

No one has the right to take away a persons dreams, truth is an illusion, truth can only hurt as it is only required when a person is unsure, this thread came about for reasons that are not apparent, in a sense it is a trap, to uncover what many believe to be a fraud, but there again don't you think that because of it's dishonesty that it deserves nothing?

I would rather discover what I believe to be a fraud rather than to believe in a lie.

Believing in a lie works only as long as the lie is perpetuated, once it begins to crack it causes more discomfort than it soothes. 

This idea has come in here before, with respect to SL relationships. I, and at least a few others, hold to the idea that if we are going to believe a lie, it's incumbent upon the liar to keep up the game, so we don't have that discomfort at the end. For this reason, I suppose I value consistency more than anything else in the people I meet here.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

LOL, a brain dead moron that think pills are the cure of everything, sorry but you make me despair of the human race, proof that bullocks and brain matter are the same thing.

Well, Rob may have been hinting that your taking a valium would be a cure for what ails him. Not unlike my wearing a coat to keep my mother warm when I was young. As one who's looking for an excuse to be banned, your distaste for his prescription is understandable.

;-)

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

But if the truth equates to what appears to a pointless excise as far as the mechanics of life is concerned why know it, once an important person asked me "what is the point", I said that is only important because you feel there should be one, can you not see that live is so for lives sake, he could not understand, he needed a point because he needed an aim for the human race, I tried to tell him that we have choice, we can choose to strive for a reason and be disappointed or we could enjoy the life we had, but he still needed a reason.

Anyway I am only here cos the lindens have pissed me off and I am thinking of flapping my wings to create a storm, lol, you should ignore me, as in my mind I am upset and want to create havoc, lol, i hate it when people are nice to me, lol, give me an excuse to create havoc here and get banned.

I agree. There does not need to be a point in order to wonder why. It is the point of being told there is a point when there isn't one that disturbs me and I believe does everyone a great disservice. 

I don't think you are going to get your ban wish here, for the most part, this thread has been rather open minded.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

Anyway I am only here cos the lindens have pissed me off and I am thinking of flapping my wings to create a storm, lol, you should ignore me

Having a point can be a very limiting thing!

Especially when your wings are ripped off.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

No one has the right to take away a persons dreams, truth is an illusion, truth can only hurt as it is only required when a person is unsure, this thread came about for reasons that are not apparent, in a sense it is a trap, to uncover what many believe to be a fraud, but there again don't you think that because of it's dishonesty that it deserves nothing?

I would rather discover what I believe to be a fraud rather than to believe in a lie.

Believing in a lie works only as long as the lie is perpetuated, once it begins to crack it causes more discomfort than it soothes. 

This idea has come in here before, with respect to SL relationships. I, and at least a few others, hold to the idea that if we are going to believe a lie, it's incumbent upon the liar to keep up the game, so we don't have that discomfort at the end. For this reason, I suppose I value consistency more than anything else in the people I meet here.

Well, I was talking about societies in general. It is difficult for individual persons to remain consistent because persons are, well, inconsistent. I know I have grown a lot since I began this game, at least, I hope I have. I hope I have not remained consistent, I hope I have shown growth and not remained stagnant, but I get what you are saying, don't sell me a fantasy novel and then at the end make the main character unbelievable. At best it will cause me to dislike you, at worst it will cause me to dislike myself.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

This thread was a mathematical consequence of  a group chat in the linden beta group and has exposed porkys connections and views.

Everything is a mathematical consequence of something, isn't it? An inevitability? Nothing has been exposed except what one believes to have been exposed. What one believes to have been exposed may or may not be the truth, depending on whose truth is the more correct belief.

I think this thread is the result of Mr Gorky wanting to pit the religious freaks against the regular freaks. What he may have failed to realize, is that we are all here Second Life freaks, and as such, are not as prone to hanging witches or burning down churches. At least, that is what I would like to believe.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.