Cutting tier prices.

Porky Gorky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 wrote:

yes my bad

where is the growth in wealth? can point to the market on this question as well. if the market not growing tho then how do you turn it around?

have to make land valuable again..right now it's just going from us to the lindens and the people with places on the market..then out the door..

not all but a lot..

we have to get it back to where people want to put it back into the land to create more inworld value  rather than the money flying overhead  out of reach...

there has to be a stop along the way where it has to filter through the grid before it exits..or  the grid will just dry up over time..

then there will be no need for a market..because  the only reason we buy stuff from the market is for inworld use pretty much..and with us hanging out there..what sense  does it even make? lol

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of Third Party Viewers will display the Search button prominently as it should be. LL are using the new OS Lucene Search engine....less gameable, more flexibility to LL and the results are as they should be. (not 100% perfect but better than GSA engine)

You can test it by typing out "Hair" with PG+ Mature settings......18 out of the 20 results returned on the 1st page are valid and in some cases well known Hair shops.

With the official LL SL Viewers , the prominent "Search" button is replaced by a "Looking Glass icon".....and Marketplace shopping Cart titled "Shop" and placed right next to your L$ Balance and BUY L$ buttons. Even if you use the Search facility...it's a jamboree and not straightforward layout like the 1.23 Viewers i.e All Search, Classifieds, Events, Showcase,Land, People, Groups  & Places (by traffic units) buttons aligned next to each other.

As Linden Lab are the modern day Scrooge when it comes to Marketing & Advertising budgets....the only feasible option is fro them to develop other products and hope that they are a success...and generate a lot of Income for them. Maybe some game aps for phones or something......or a Facebook game.

sorry, i thought when u mention market u was meaning the market in general. u were being specific and meaning the marketplace?

like u and some other ppl mention in the past i think integration in the viewer of inworld and marketplace search would be a good thing

what i do now when using inworld search to find stuff i want to buy then i just search on classifieds just to help filter stuff. only use places and general search to explore now

maybe that be a way to help. like integrate both searches into viewer and weight inworld shops higher in rankings. maybe even in classifieds as well. like if 2 ppl pay the same amount for a classified then a inworld shop will get a higher ranking than a marketplace only one. something like that maybe

edit: same on the website marketplace. higher rankings for inworld shops

I'm just hoping people will eventually get bored of shopping trough the marketplace and again will want some actual SL experience in-world. But I definitly think some change have to happen to make merchants keep in-world land. I own land because I like the challenge of making mainland pretty and I like dealing with people. Renting out some homes and shops seemed like a good idea to cover tier so I could develop and landscape to my hearts desire. So far so good as some still want to have a shop in-world and do want a house in a pretty area. But I'm not sure how long it'll last. I am not aiming at profit but it would be nice to have some certainty I'll have some of the tier covered. As long as the dollar is weak I'm ok, paying for most of my tier to have fun owning land, as the norwegian krone is strong but wont last forever :)

Lowering tier would be good but not without changing Marketplace. If LL want people to buy land to make up for the cut. 0 tier while just being represented on marketplace is still less then some tier :)

they already have it to where you can reach the marketplace from inworld..

but hell if i will trust leaving my guard down after last year when LL only added a few words to the CS rather than fix any kind of security holes they have on their viewer..i refuse to use an inworld browser for anything nowadays..

not unless they get with the program and put some filters on things..

i won't use media on a prim..media ..media on an avatar..and only use stream on my own land..and keep just about anything else off that will communicate with outside of the grid from their viewer..

Koltari wrote:

I'm just hoping people will eventually get bored of shopping trough the marketplace and again will want some actual SL experience in-world. But I definitly think some change have to happen to make merchants keep in-world land. I own land because I like the challenge of making mainland pretty and I like dealing with people. Renting out some homes and shops seemed like a good idea to cover tier so I could develop and landscape to my hearts desire. So far so good as some still want to have a shop in-world and do want a house in a pretty area. But I'm not sure how long it'll last. I am not aiming at profit but it would be nice to have some certainty I'll have some of the tier covered. As long as the dollar is weak I'm ok, paying for most of my tier to have fun owning land, as the norwegian krone is strong but wont last forever
:)

Lowering tier would be good but not without changing Marketplace. If LL want people to buy land to make up for the cut. 0 tier while just being represented on marketplace is still less then some tier
:)

i keep hoping they will get frustrated with the bad transactions and  leave it as a catalog and buy inworld  hehehe...

the reason there are so many problems with the market ..is because shopping is pretty lag free in world..

meaning that so many are on the market that on a day like valentines day..it crashes ..so those that wanted to get stuff..they had no choice but to hunt it down in world yesterday LOL

then LL comes on and LIES saying it is down for maintenance when rodvik gets on twitter talking about it being a problem and they are working on it to get it up as soon as possible..

that's just proof in the pudding as to what is wrong with the market and why it is lagging now more than ever..

look at how much different it is to shop on the weekend than during the week on the market..

it used to be like that in world..now all that traffic is hitting the marketplace..

ya they need to do something..because they keep rocking the boat from one side to the other instead of keeping everyone in the middle of the boat where everyone can have a smooth trip..nope they have to get greedy on us and cut into their customers creative area..

they just need to host and sell land like they started out and leave the money creating to the people that  are good at it.

sit back and collect and be happy with what they are getting instead of saying..ya know..i bet we could get some of that money and increase profits..

that's the moment someone should have slapped M right in the kisser..then said..look..don't rock the boat buuuuuddy..we have a good thing going here already.. LOL

really i need to stop jumping down on them..i don't usually do it and i don't like the way i am sounding..

sorry for the venting and ranting..

i'm just now starting to enjoy my sim and house and things i am getting for it..

i just don't want SL to go away is all i guess..so i get a little ranty when i think about what a good thing it is here..i would like it to stay is all ..

16 wrote:

that the question i think. where is the gold in SL today? tangible gold that can be turned into money for the residents. linden got their gold, so where is ours?

am not suggesting another goldrush. just asking where is the wealth that will help us to pay the tier

The Goldrush in SL right now are BREEDABLES......the creators of Meeroos and Amaretto Horses would have made a Million in sales.

Future goldrushes? Maybe Gridwide games...again really for the creators of those. Have you seen the gridwide Byngo?.....every entry stake, the creators get 10% - 96 games per day (every 15 mins) about 100 entrants per game. Entry stakes from 25 L to a 1000 L....work it out!

Jo Yardley wrote:

That is why I would like to see a rule that makes vendors have a copy of every item for sale on marketplace also somewhere inworld.

That way they have to have a shop but buyers also get a chance to check the item out before buying.

This would be a big mistake.  Many merchants that have shops inworld got their start by selling on Xstreet or Marketplace until they developed a customer base and earned enough to afford in world stores. 

Even if that were not true, do you realize how much land it would take for every item on Marketplace to be displayed in world?  Most people couldn't afford the tier for that.

To make this the rule would give only people that can invest a lot of RL money able to start and maintain a business.  A very risky propositon for most people.  Also this would hugely slant the ability to earn money in SL to only those people well off in RL.  Lots of people that own land now for their home or personal use finance it with their MP sales.

Even if that were not true, do you realize how much land it would take for every item on Marketplace to be displayed in world?  Most people couldn't afford the tier for that.

It would be a huge improvement to Marketplace if half or more of the listings disappeared.  If merchants had to think long and hard about listing every possible color combination for their slutwear, maybe we could find something fit to buy.

More importantly, however, it's crazy to keep maintaining two completely separate search systems for in-world and Marketplace items.  In-world items set to show in search should automatically populate Marketplace and deliver on sale without any additional fuss and bother for the merchant.  The current separation is just silly, especially now that both use the same search engine.

Anyway, in theory, I don't object to new creators being able to sell stuff on Marketplace without having in-world presence -- but they should not expect tier-payers to subsidize that, as they do now.  Marketplace commissions need to be competitive with tier, so commissions need to go to 30%, or tier needs to be cut by 80%.

Qie Niangao wrote:

More importantly, however, it's crazy to keep maintaining two completely separate search systems for in-world and Marketplace items.  In-world items set to show in search should
automatically
populate Marketplace and deliver on sale without any additional fuss and bother for the merchant.  The current separation is just silly, especially now that both use the same search engine.

Good point, I have read about a vendor api somewhere but have never seen any details.

breedables quite fascinating. i have a kitten. i dont breed her tho. just buy food. not much but helps a little bit to pay someone elses tier

i think that when we get pathfinding and stuff then will add new dimension to breedables. they will be able to have skills more easy than now. can see how that can affect rarity. like if u exercise ur creatures then they will get stronger faster etc. so if u do that then breed with other stronger creatures then will get like thoroughbreds. can even make so that if u have fighting dragons then the more u ride them in battle then they get more powerful as well and produce better offspring. same with horses. not have to fight them. if u ride them on long trails then will produce stayers. if do obstacle courses then can breed quarter horses. dogs as well can be trained that way. kittens even just by playing with them. stuff like that

can even see a whole side employment industry. like can pay someone to exercise ur creatures. fight them even on arenas. will be some ppl quite happy to do that and earn some little lindens off a studmaster  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.