Circles not nipples

Teagan Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have noticed on many many tops that I have, that where there might have been a nipple bump, there is a circle.  In most instances it is hard to see, that's good, but in a lot of others you cant miss it.  I don't make clothing but assume in a lot of cases photos are used.  Is a nipple bump illegal?  Does it change the article of clothing from PG to Adult making it harder to sell?  Is it part of the build process that just is, and is unintentional?
I was just wondering what was going on and this looked like a good place to ask the question.

Hello i guess this is one bit to make clothes more 3D looking. Not sure if everybody likes that or if some may be offended by. I don´t add this to clothes because even in real not every women ... wait before this thread gets banned.

Lindens do not like this talk ;)

Waiting to see if creators add this "feature" on mesh clothes too ...

Monti

I don't make clothing either, but seeing as not everyone does it, I'd say it's a "feature." I believe it's the way the person shades; or if they took their texture from a photo it could have been there in the photo. I notice it particularly in "sexy clothes," those designed to be particularly revealing and sexual. It's certainly not "illegal," and I doubt it changes the rating at all. It's just there, and people think it's sexy. (I think it's silly, personally, but to each their own.) If you don't like it, make sure you take a good look at the ad for whatever clothing you're about to buy.

I guarantee just based on the title itself it will get some views even if ppl arent interested in the forum, lol! But I don't think it is illegal but like it has been already said, they might be there because the clothing was taken from a photograph or they were added in. I don't prefer to add them myself to clothing nor do I like wearing clothing that would have them but I can see the use for them on things like lingerie and things like that.

There are certainly ways to create that nipple bump deliberately, but there's also a small artifact -- a very slight, faint circle -- that shows up naturally.  The avatar mesh has a ring of grid elements around the nipple that can show up if the sun angle is just right, especially if you are wearing light-colored tops that don't have other design elements that obscure them.  If that's what you are seeing, don't worry about it. 

In the avatar mesh there is actually no nipple at all. There is very low poly crude areola though. The areola is the cone shaped feature made with few triangles. There is no nipple as can be seen from the picture (front view and side view).

With texturing and proper shading it is possible to fool the eye by painting nipple like feature on the areola.

The very faint circle sometimes seen on some clothes is most likely the outer edges of the areola.

i have some t-shirts and tank tops and others that have them..some designers give you the option of with or without in the folder you get from them..

sometimes they work with things and sometimes they don't..it's always nice to have the option hehehe

this is my in before the lock picture i have been using for a couple of years..

it's not here because i think the thread will be locked..but just an example of a time i think they work well lol

the lock.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.