A wrong review

MarleneDuval

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello everybody!

i need help...i'm a merchant and i'm sell a christmas template for designers on marketplace. In this template is included a hat,made by another creator who is setted as my co-owner and he gets 7% for each sale of that template. A customer bought this template and without before contact me,wrote a bad and offensive review saying i stole that hat!This isn't true,please,how can i delete that review?

First I would try to clear up their misunderstanding by contacting them and ask them to remove the review. Unless they left intentionally the malicious review, they will most likely appologise for their hasty judgements and might change it to a nice review.

If they don't respond, I'd file a support ticket with customer support to get it removed. https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/  Select Marketplace ---> General Marketplace Issues from the dropdown list and describe your issue.

And for future reference I'd explain that item is a legit collaborative product in the description.

Good luck!

• Resident

Greetings!

Reply to the review on your Product Listing with the information regarding the actual situation with the additional product. Then flag the original review and it will be removed by the Product Listing Review Team.

Do NOT delete and relist your product.  Doing so is a direct violation of the Marketplace Listing Guidelines and will result in your product being blocked on the Marketplace.

The flagging categories for  apealing a bad review are woefulyy inadequate. And there is no  box where we can explain further. In fact I can hardly believe that a commerce team representative approved that system let alone allowed it to be built. Y'all would save yourselves a helluva lot of work if you just  did the sensible thing and got rid of the whole stupid gamed 'review' system. It doesn't work it never did work and it's a mess. It's clearly obvious you haven't a clue how to make it either. Time to pull your heads out of the sand on this particular topic I guess.

^L^

It's very reassuring to know that the Commerce Team would act on an unfair review. You see, that one star review might be the only review that product gets, because getting reviews are rare.

So, for me the only other option would be taking the risk of having my item blocked. I would lose nothing because, the way I see it, sitting with an unfair one star review is as good as a blocked item.

• Resident

Hello Lasher,

This is why we recommend that the seller reply to the review with their own comments.  The Product Listing Review Team will then be able to see the reply from the seller directly.

This will also provide information to potential buyers and others who will see the review before the Product Listing Review Team has an oppotunity to address the report on the review.

Thx  CTL - I read between the lines that was the reason. Which is why I made a comment  on the one listing I recently discovered. I agree it is a work around for the lack of a proper comment box when flagging. Thus better than nothing. But I'm sure you'll agree that it is no where near an ideal arrangement.

The  review system is broken. It worked well when we used the xstreet model but when y'all decided to change everything. You  threw the baby out with the bathwater. And replaced it with a monster.

For instance with over a thousand items listed (and thats not an unusual number) it's well nigh impossible to keep track of poor, wrong or downright malicious intended reviews. We do not get email notices sent to us that an item has been reviewed and commented on. With Xstreet such functionality was standard.

For instance - It can take months to discover that an item has been given a bad review just because SLM or LL systems screwed up the delivery.  Which in turn is likely to put off a buyer which means less income for the merchant and  thus less income for SLM unless buyer goes to one of the gamed products with 5 star ratings and a host of buddies leaving glowing comments.

Best  fix all round is to ditch the entire borked review system until you at least have a decent notification protocol in place.

^L^

Are you game?

Game equipment:
Marketplace listing
One single sale

Idea and aim of the game:
Keep listing up and item selling

Preparations:
Good, functional item, honest description

Minimum number of players:
Player 1: You as merchant
Player 2: Customer having a personal problem with you or the world in general
Player 3: Linden Lab

How to play:
Round 1:
Player 2 leaves review
Player 1 flags review
Player 3 deletes review
Round 2:
Player 2 leaves review
Player 1 flags review
Player 3 deletes review
Round 3:
Player 2 leaves review
Player 1 flags review
Player 3 deletes review

Winner:
There is no winner, Player 1 definitely and Player 2 probably feels like crap.
Player 3 has unneccessary costs because they did not block Player 2 after deleting the review the first time.

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

Hello Lasher,

This is why we recommend that the seller reply to the review with their own comments.  The Product Listing Review Team will then be able to see the reply from the seller directly.

This will also provide information to potential buyers and others who will see the review before the Product Listing Review Team has an oppotunity to address the report on the review.

Hello CommerceTeam Linden

This is why we recommend automatically notifying merchants when a review has been left.

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

Do NOT delete and relist your product.  Doing so is a direct violation of the Marketplace Listing Guidelines and will result in your product being blocked on the Marketplace.

Yet there are listings that were flagged for relisting and you did nothing about it. Perhaps this rule only applies to products that are not top sellers? I have seen people relist a product and move it back up to the very top of a category in 2 days by purchasing it with alts.

If a product gets a 1 star review while on page 1 a hidden reply is going to be litte help to the merchant if it falls to page 50 . (nobody reads bad reviews they just move on )  In my experiance many bad reviews are mysteriosly made by people who you never see online again.

One guy did reply however when I asked "Why didn't you IM me ? ......."I don't know how" said he.

Is a one star review ever justified ?

• 5 months later...

Like many merchants on these forums, I agree with you the review system is not fair to the merchant.  You spend all that time scripting, building, sculpting, even creating animations, upload your product, and some wonderful customer tries to wear your pants as a shirt, then complains it's a bad shirt.  And there is nothing you can do.  Sales go down like a  rock in a well.  So I decided not to play this particular mind game with marketplace.  I deleted all my items i created, and some of them are very very good items.  Some of my items are not sold by anyone else in marketplace... or secondlife....   My marketplace now reads like this:  items listed:  0      They tried to tell me it was my responsibility to contact all my customers and have them write glowing reviews to smash the bad review that was unjust.    It was the first bad review of an amzing product, and also the first review, even though everyone loved it and they were selling like hot cakes.  until the bad review.   By the way, the customer never contacted me, never told me there was a problem, never asked for money back, nothing.  We contacted the customer when we noticed the bad review, only to get a lot of tone about how their pc was too slow.  Ok.  Sorry.  Can't help you there.   So I sculpt the product, i script the product, i create my own animations for the product, i get all this done, then i have to make ad photo's for marketplace, then create a listing, then text documentation.  Now I have to go harassing my good customers that love the product, if and when i can find them online, and beg them to write a good review of my product so that I cancel out the person that wore my pants as a shirt and complained about it?   Nope.... No thanks.  Not doing it.  I will boycott marketplace and not purchase another thing there until the review system gets fixed.  I will not sell anything there either.  I deleted all my items I was selling.  :)  Have a great day, without my awesome stuff. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.