What does Second Life Plan On doing about the Griefers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So Latley there has been an uprise in Griefers. They have been going to adult places that support Beastiality and/or furries. I was in apublic sandbox and it was raining from the sky Yiff In Hell Furfags.  I also was in a sim I went to before and a girl was messing with peoples avitars making them stretch and deform without their permissions. Now There were two more in that same sim thankfully they were banned but they still are griefing.
1: Whats wrong with Furries? They are just regular people behind the screen sometimes in real life who are having fun and doing a kink if that that they like.
2: Beastiality is Illegal in most states But its not illegal in Missouri, Which is probably why its allowed on Second life. Who cares what peopel do in their free time you have no right to tell them what can and can't be done over the internet.
Its become very aggrivating that I can't even go to sims that I like to go to to hang out any more.
I would really like to know what Second life plans on doing about these people
3: Other adult kinks: this may be Pg and I will not go into any other details but why are people targeting others for there own personal kinks

I am not saying that furries are being targeted and the only ones, I just have seen an uprise in furry targeting in the past few months we have placed many abuse reports and yet they still come back. We have also banned them from the sim and they get back in somehow

To Rolig Loon this sl question is Its in the section titled Abuse and greifing.

I am not aware of studies or statistical analyses that would tell whether griefing is more or less common in SL today than in the past.  I suspect that most information is anecdotal and more relevant to specific sims that to SL as a whole.  In any case, although that's a good discussion question, it's not appropriate for SL Answers.  We are all residents here, not Lindens, and we are here to answer basic questions and help troubleshoot technical problems you may be having. You might try posting it in General Discussion.

Welcome to Second Life Answers, RJ.  As this is a resident to resident area, it is very unlikely that you will get a response from those who are ultimately in charge of Second Life. 

Griefers don't just target the furry community, nor is griefing on the increase. 

If you are griefed, the best thing to do is nothing. I mean, mute the aggressor, NEVER retaliate (that just feeds them).  Sit on a prim and mute them, and submit an Abuse Report via the "help" menu, ticking the box where it says "include screenshot". 

If you feel griefing is on the increase, and it is spoiling your enjoyment of certain sims within Second Life, contact the sim owners, and ask them what they intend to do to discourage griefers (ie they can disallow avatars younger than a certain date (30-60 days) from entering their land.

Avoid public sandboxes and "welcome" areas - they are often the targets for griefers.  I cannot actually remember the last time I was griefed, because I go to places where avatars under 30 days old are not allowed.  And if you need a good sandbox to build in, if you are a premium member, there are some fabulous grief-free sandboxes available. 

Again, I must stress, furries do not get singled out for griefing; I will admit to having friends who do not like furries, but do you know what they do to furries? They avoid them. Simple as that. 

Regarding the beastiality content in Second Life, this is a PG forum, and so I make no comment. 

• Like 1

Well since we are all residents and LL does not participate in the boards, no one can say what they plan to do..but I suspect it is nothing more than they have always done.  Griefing has always been an issue and it is up to the land owners to set estate permissions that prevent it. So your options are to AR the griefer, contact the sim owner, avoid the locations.

Sandbox get hit everywhere, but tp around some are better than others or if you are a Premium account you can use the new Premium only sandboxes.

Away from offical help, owners can ban people from their land and you always can mute them, if their spamming in chat. Also I'm not sure if the problems with griefers are that huge. I'm in SL for over a year now and only had two times an experiance with griefers. That was on a sandbox and long time ago. I have furry avatars and visit furrysims and sometimes adult rated sims.....I never saw a griefer there. :matte-motes-grin:

well they did give a new security to land owners here recently and are sposed ot be announcing something else this month twards security  or something to help with privacy...something along those lines..so we'll see what that will be here soon..

as far as griefing..

i can't really notice griefing going up more than it used to be..i can't remember the last time there was a grid wide attack hehehe

the last one was kind of fun actually but it did mess things up everywhere..just cubes everywhere you went and sims crashing everywhere hehehe

that was back in 2006 i think in the fall..plus people are a bit more informed on how to handle them and prevent them or shorten their grief..at least on estates and things..

there are less users now than 2009..so i would think those numbers had gone down..2006 to 2009 are about the worst i remember as far as seeing it  a lot more than any other time..i hardly ever see it now..maybe  once ever couple of months if i'm lucky hehehe

but thats just my experience with it..i'm sure that will change with avatar to avatar..

some days are dog days and some days are better hehehe

• 3 weeks later...

People with "different" kinks, and preference, will always be targeted. Whether it's online, or offline. It's really a shame because if they didn't do so, think of how much time and thought we'd have to put into other, USEFUL things!

I used to hang out 'Welcome Areas' and tend to get in trouble, on my older account, then I realized how generally hurtful it was to some people. And was targeted myself a few dozen times. Some people take it too far. Unfortunately, usually the people who do the harassing are very computer savvy and have a gazillion different programs at hand to evade a ban. Griefing is best dealt by said griefee, as Lindens Labs (no offense) usually has bigger issues than a few adults picking on another (such as a full on planned sim crash). Like other people said, MUTE IS YOUR FRIEND. Tp out, hang out with people who have the same interests as you. It's taken me a long time to realize and embrace that you will find people like you, RL or SL, and f*** the rest. 

Cheers :)

People with "different" kinks, and preference, will always be targeted. Whether it's online, or offline. It's really a shame because if they didn't do so, think of how much time and thought we'd have to put into other, USEFUL things!

I used to hang out 'Welcome Areas' and tend to get in trouble, on my older account, then I realized how generally hurtful it was to some people. And was targeted myself a few dozen times. Some people take it too far. Unfortunately, usually the people who do the harassing are very computer savvy and have a gazillion different programs at hand to evade a ban. Griefing is best dealt by said griefee, as Lindens Labs (no offense) usually has bigger issues than a few adults picking on another (such as a full on planned sim crash). Like other people said, MUTE IS YOUR FRIEND. Tp out, hang out with people who have the same interests as you. It's taken me a long time to realize and embrace that you will find people like you, RL or SL, and f*** the rest. 

Cheers :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.