The Marketplace will be down between 8am and 9am SLT for a planned deploy on Tuesday,

amarock Amat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Marketplace will be down between 8am and 9am SLT for a planned deploy on Tuesday, September 13, 2011. Release notes will be posted on the Commerce Forum after the release has been completed.

Anyone have any guesses of what it will be happening? A makeover, or just fixing the latest batch of mess ups?

Make your wishlist of  slm you would like

Once again... another immature process from this company.... "we are announcing that we will be doing an apgrade to the system you use but we wont tell you anything about it until AFTER we do it since tis a big secret",

Heaven forbid LL wouldnt tell us in advance what the changes are so we could be aware of what changes we might experience or find bugs with.  Noooo that would make too much sense.

Wow this company!! what a piece of work

Lindens have stated, that you would upload the item, and it would be changed permission and such, from the marketplace. They are working on such a process but it would not go from your inventory that have specificly states, it would be server side, not client invetnroy side.   Hope that helps...

I have a better idea, that its more a SUPRISE, then a the user base will hate it, then again it may just be a server clean up due, to the issues we have had from last monday.

...Maybe they are making merroos half off!!!! * huggles hs merro tight.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Reading that announcement makes my blood run cold.

yep, I can't even remember the last time I actually looked forward to a LL release
:(

ah well, hold onto your hat, it's white water rafting time again!!
:)

LOL Couldbe... that is a good analogy.... When being a customer (i.e. us merchants of the SLM) of LL Commerce Team, its like being forced on a white water raft on the raging river and told by the LL Raft owners that we must all wear blindfolds since "we cant tell you water rough waters or rocks we might hit until we potentially hit them".

What is so ironic is that of all the groups within the LL management, one would think the LL Commerce Team would be the most BUSINESS MINDED and most appreciative of proper mature business processes - like properly informing the customer base of what changes will be in an up coming change so that we could at least be on the lookout of any bugs or fallout from the change.

Todays change must include DD components that Brooke and company doesnt want us Merchants to know they are putting in because we all know how Brooke believes the DD work is BLACK OPS classed work that we should know as litte about as possible.    <shakes head in disbelief>

So when things start acting strange in the later this afternoon.... Merchants be ready that we will have no choice but to conclude that these changes were the root cause.

I still think my 50%+ drop is sales since the 1st week of August (that still has not recovered) was due in part to changes made by the LL team in early August.

VonGklugelstein Alter wrote:

it has to do with Commission discounts from the old Xstreet system. It only affects a very small number of people who received an email yesterday telling them what they are going to do and why.

OK Von....... thanks for the insight.... but let me throw a "what if" at you....  What if while they are playing with the commission system, something happens to the commissions SLM-Wide?  And... what is the big secret with the change that they could not simply say.... "The change being made tomorrow is.... and it only impacts ....."

At least we merchants can watch to ensure that the change only impacted the expected target.

it has to do with Commission discounts from the old Xstreet system. It only affects a very small number of people who received an email yesterday telling them what they are going to do and why.

they're removing the discount?  that will make 25 people unhappy.  (this is all from memory mind you but I seem to remember it was a 4% commission for the top 25 sellers and I can't see LL improving the commission).

hmmm perhaps that's not it as that shouldn't be hard coded and even if it is, it shouldn't need an hours downtime to sort it out. 

They announced that a loooong time ago.  (I used to sometimes get 4% charged on Xstreet.)

Will reserve a proper opinion until the news comes out, but just to add to the impending announcement.

On the one hand it creates a level playing field.

On the other hand we all get 4% now?

And this will be extended to everyone getting the same reduced rates in the Atlas program?

Trading volume for the SLM is holding steady this morning as investors wait for official reports from SLM.

Misplaced news of a stimulus package, it's here somewhere.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

they're removing the discount?  that will make 25 people unhappy.  (this is all from memory mind you but I seem to remember it was a 4% commission for the top 25 sellers and I can't see LL improving the commission).

hmmm perhaps that's not it as that shouldn't be hard coded and even if it is, it shouldn't need an hours downtime to sort it out. 

So I am in the same thinking as Couldbe....  If this change is only to fix 25 or 30 commission changes for the top merchants from 4% to 5%, this doesnt sound like a code change or a change that needs any form of maintenance outage to engage.  If it is... WOW... was the SLM redesign of Xstreet really poorly designed!  You are telling me that during the xstreet overhaul update to SLM the LL development team did not take Merchant commission calculations into account as a settable parameter as opposed to a hard coded change??

Either the LL Team has some poor solution designers (strong possibility) or this change this morning is not about removing discounted commissions.

But we can only guess - as LL Commerce likes keeping us in the dark.  Dont you love the new LL Commerce Team's mandate to be more open and upfront with their customers!! :)

Luna Bliss wrote:

The Marketplace has grown dark...as images of Kraken drift through my waiting mind..

LOL..... Nooo dont mention the Kraken... I thought we slayed that beast (i.e. LL's failed experiment of hugely discounted specially selected and LL marketed SLM items) when we showed Medussa's snakehead in front of the LL beast and it turned to stone and crumbled into the pit of other LL Grand Ideas that failed.

If this is a Spawn of the Kraken with lipstick and a pretty moomoo (i.e. the well hidden DD) that is finally rising from the dark waters of the LL development shop.... then beeee afraid!!!! Be very afraid.

Or its just a minnow that will be jumping into the boat from the LL deep waters of development..... :)

Since LL Commerce and LL Development like the BLACK OPS approach to working with us Merchants.... we will only know if its a Kraken or a Minnow when its thrown into our boat.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

Since LL Commerce and LL Development like the BLACK OPS approach to working with us Merchants.... we will only know if its a Kraken or a Minnow when its thrown into our boat.

which will be in around an hour..  

ok, I didn't notice the time..  so it will be any time soon...

tick, tick, tick

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

Once again... another immature process from this company.... "we are announcing that we will be doing an apgrade to the system you use but we wont tell you anything about it until AFTER we do it since tis a big secret",

Heaven forbid LL wouldnt tell us in advance what the changes are so we could be aware of what changes we might experience or find bugs with.  Noooo that would make too much sense.

Wow this company!! what a piece of work

I didn't want to be uncharitable before but since it's already taken 2 1/2 hrs to do something they thought would be done and dusted in an hour, I'd say one of the reasons was because they didn't know what they would manage to get working until they'd finished so by releasing them after the event they'll map to what the finally made happen.

after this length of time, unless it comes up soon I'd like to hope they'll roll back and try again later.  we'll see eventually though, possibly, maybe...

And this is why I say over and over again that you just cant trust any development from LL and you must be ultra critical and questionable when LL drops hints of something dangerous and covert going on.

When LL announces "we are doing a maintenance update tomorrow and we cant tell you until after the change what we did".....  honest.... MERHANTS NEED TO GET NERVOUS!

LL staff are so easy to read...  They were scared of this change internally and these actions were their internal defence mechanisms to push this dangerous change in without having to listen to the community how dangerous this is.

They are the 3 Monkeys  "HEAR - SEE - SPEAK NO EVIL"

Sadly as depressed as my sales have been since their secret Aug Week 1 changes - seems I should get ready for possible more declines.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.