Compulsive Second Life Buying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you a compulsive Second Life buyer? Do you walk into an inworld shop or look on Marketplace, see an outfit or shoes and say to yourself " I must have that NOW", dip into your purse and buy, or do you take a LM and slink away to think about it, maybe returning more than once to have another look before making that final decision. Is the cost a little bit more than you'd like to pay and you need time to ponder whether it's really worth getting?

I know I'm one of the latter. I rarely buy anything without revisiting the shop a few times. But then I tend to do the same in RL so I guess it comes across to inworld shopping too. If the item is well priced, thinking time tends to decrease but I still do it. I've now gone back to one shop about four times. Gorgeous dress but even though the Lindens is not the issue and I can easily afford it, 680L is too much for it despite what it may do for my curves and look. I sort of know I'll eventually buy it but I just need more self convincing time!

I am an uncorrigible compulsive buyer either inworld or on the MP. It happened to me more one time to fall madly in love for a house or a highly priced piece of furniture, and immediately adding credit to my balance to be able to buy it NOW! I must say I am quite the same in RL... I'm pretty sure my banker hates me! :smileyvery-happy: I suppose we tend to reproduce our RL behaviour in SL wen it comes to money.

In RL I have two very close Chinese friends. They believe that one must always have his/her stomach filled with food before going out for a shopping spree. They believe the amount of food in your stomach may influence the amount of buyings in RL. I think they are right. I wished they play SL with me. :matte-motes-stress:

I fall into both categories really, depends on my mood and my bank account.  I used to spend way too much in SL... I'd buy stuff left and right.  But then I reached a point where I had just about everything I wanted and it slowed down a lot.  Now I find I'm very picky about what I buy, I absolutely insist on quality.  Quality doesn't have to mean expensive either.... I find there's a huge disparity in pricing in SL.  You can walking into a shop and find something nice for 100L then go to another and find the same type of thing for 1000L.  Okay, I might be exaggerating, but you get my point, right?  Wait a minute, I've started rambling, haven't I?  I think I'm suffering from sleep deprivation.

Goodnight ...Dres

sleeping.gif

I don't buy much for myself anymore but if I see someting I want I buy it. be it a horse or a pretty sword or whatever. I mostly stuff for others.

If I am with my girl and she says she likes something I buy it lol. I bought her almost a whole sims worth of waterfalls and moutains once hehe.

Yes Dres, after nearly 5 years in SL, I'm way more picky than I used to be too and tend to buy less but always good quality. I have folders on Cool Clothing, Clothing and Clothing rarely worn. I really should dump the rather large Clothing rarely worn folder.maybe I keep it out of nostalgia for what's in it. I think being more picky is making me less compulsive.

...and you're right, price does not equate to quality. Ok, I just payed 680L for this black dress, which really is good quality but I picked up a really cute and well made patterened mini dress at Snowpaws yesterday for free. Again, beautifully made.

Snapshot_004.png

i wouldn't call myself a compulsive shopper most of the time i favourite things even if it's L$5 or L$10 to buy later if it's very expensive and there's a demo inworld i'll visit it many times before i part with my precious L$ i recently bought an expensive lounge suite made entirely out of 1 sculpted prim to go in my new skybox i had to visit the store several times before i could decide which out of 3 styles to get

Your OP reminds me that I *must* start culling through my inventory, which is now approaching 30K items, to get rid of some things.  Over time, the quality of goods has improved -- textures, styles, etc.

I love shopping inworld.  I will revisit a shop again and again.  I look at SL 'fashion' blogs and magazines to see who is making what.  I rarely shop in MP but it is nice for buying gifts.

I buy something nearly every day.  Argh!  If I see something on a blog, I will visit the shop.  If I like what I see on display, I might buy it.  I know that bloggers can PS something to look a bit nicer than it does on display so I judge what I see up close.

Oh my I am rambling.

And, waiting for TRUTH's weekly notecard to land on me!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.