How do you like your eggs?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yep, You Tube rocks!  lol  Summer on the hand, it's too hot!  I'm browsing for Christmas trees on SL just to keep the faith that this heat and humidity too soon shall pass.  I have my Christmas tree in my favorites, and I can't wait! 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bree Giffen wrote:

I like eggs sunny-side up though sometimes I add a little water and cover it so the top turns all white. I guess that's like a muggy-side up. I also like frying a toast with the center cut out and dropping an egg in. Then there's poaching an egg in a pot of ramen noodles. Soft boiled with toast soldiers. Omelett with imitation crab. And even just microwave poached for a quick breakfast.

Okay I'll bite what are toast soldiers? btw can you really microwave an egg? I thought it would explode.:smileysurprised:

yes, you can... but there's a trick to it... pin hole scramble it then nuke it.... if I'm particularly lazy I'll scramble one in a square plastic container... makes perfectly sized and shaped for egg sandwiches (a light coating of butter or oil on the container helps)

Is that good Keli? I should try it sometime! I think it might be too greasy I dunno cause the bacon I use has a lot of leftover grease in pan...

I make eggs first & add avacado oil usually too, forgot to mention that bit... its delicious with eggs :matte-motes-delicious:

Love the cute egg pic Charolotte! So cute :matte-motes-asleep-2:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

@ JoJo Organic Cafe? Okay let's go. btw I have been making the choice to buy more and more organic lately even though it cost a little more. (Better for me, better for the environment) :matte-motes-nerdy:

Le Pain Quotidien - they use organic ingredients whenever possible. Organic breads, milk, butter, eggs, yoghurt, museli, jams, organically grown coffee. There's quite a few of them in Australia, one right near where I live and I believe they're in various places in the US :matte-motes-smile:

Me too, after seeing a few docos on GM foods, I go organic whenever I can.

Here's their version of boiled eggs with soldiers and their bread is the most delicious bread I've tasted in a while :matte-motes-smile:

le-pain-quotidien-fast-food-green.jpg

@ Void do you think a coffee mug would work? Won't it make it perfectly around and about the same size as an english muffin? :matte-motes-smitten:

@ Dillon have you been to McHappy Clowns lately? $7 for one person to have breakfast. For that price I might as well go to Lenny's and get table service. :smileywink:

@ WADE1 you don't have to use all the grease. You can pour some out to use for other recipes and just cook the eggs in some of it. :matte-motes-inlove:

@ JoJo I did a search and it looks like the closest one is 300 miles away from me in Beverly Hills. :( But the good news is there is also one in Santa Monica and I have an uncle there so next time I go and visit him we can go there. :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

@ Jaylin /me wonders what those other spices might be. :matte-motes-delicious:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

i have an eighty one year old neighbour who i shop for.

she sometimes cooks fried eggs and chips (english chips) for me and she uses lard.

i have never tasted such delicious and unhealthy food in my life.

i've always wondered what you guys call chips..is it fried potatoes in slices?

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

i have an eighty one year old neighbour who i shop for.

she sometimes cooks fried eggs and chips (english chips) for me and she uses lard.

i have never tasted such delicious and unhealthy food in my life.

i've always wondered what you guys call chips..is it fried potatoes in slices?

i think its what North americans call fries.

but not the thin fries that are served in macdonalds, i'd say they were approx 2-4 times thicker than macdonalds fries.

chrispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.

if you hold a good british chip at the bottom it won't bend under the force of gravity.

DQ Darwin wrote:

Actually, when you think about it 81 is pretty good considering the unhealthy food. Of course she would still find 91 a goal.

well she was a war baby.

she was bought up on rations and pigs brains.

and now it seems people are living longer than ever.

maybe that has something to do with her longevity.

shes 81 and still very independant, just cant be bothered to walk to the shops, shes a bit slow so i go instead.

pigs brain anyone?

I think this thread is the kind of thing that makes SL great.... sharing egg recipes :smileyhappy:

Making breakfast today I thought of this egg thread & tried making my bacon first and adding some grease to start the eggs.

Delicious :matte-motes-delicious:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.