How do you like your eggs?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Lillie Woodells wrote:

So many ways Keli.. Scrambled with onion and cheddar cheese served with cornbeef hash and grits with butter and onion salt.  Or in quiche with spinach, bacon, and Parmesan cheese.  When I was a little girl, my dad used to make me eggs I called "dipping eggs" or sunny side up, although they were more cooked then sunny side up... More of an over medium, the yokes runny enough that I could dip my toast in it, sometimes served with a chocolate chip pancake shaped like Mickey Mouse.  Hmmm, breakfast for dinner tonight I think.  heheh

I totally love chocolate but the one time I had chocolate chip pancakes it soooo pushed me over the edge (way too much sugar). The sad part is we where on our way to Disneyland when I had them so I spent most of the day with a tummy ache. Spinach Quiche? That sounds yummy maybe you can bring some to our next lunch meeting.
:)

Aww it's too bad.  I know it can be a bit much, so if I make them at home, I don't over do it with the chocolate.  My son loves them.  Bacon waffles are good too, but that digresses from the egg thread. 
;)

I would be happy to make quiche for the next lunch meeting.. what kind of pie would you like for dessert? 
;)

We can always do a waffle thread on friday. :P

I know it is going to sound ironic but I would love a chocolate pie. :)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keli Kyrie wrote:

@ Void that is just gross, period. :matte-motes-oh-rly:

but it's great if you ever want to convince someone to give you their eggs (assuming you have the stomach to say it with a straight face, and can master the creepy look of joy while eating yours)

but seriously... never do that within earshot of a restaurant manager... it does make for a great story of places you've been thrown out of though.

Kelli May wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

@ Kelli Water? That works? I have always use milk witch is also good for making froth. :smileytongue:

Yep, water. Whisk the eggs, add a little water, then whisk again. It makes very fluffy light scrambled egg. Cream might be more luxurious, but it can end up a bit heavy. If I want a bit more luxury, I add a few scraps of smoked salmon and drink a Bucks Fizz with it
:)

Also, I forgot one of my favourite ways to eat eggs - in kedgeree (the Stargazie Pie reminded me).

Does this mean you are Scottish? :)

Void Singer wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

@ Void that is just gross, period. :matte-motes-oh-rly:

but it's great if you ever want to convince someone to give you their eggs (assuming you have the stomach to say it with a straight face, and can master the creepy look of joy while eating yours)

but seriously... never do that within earshot of a restaurant manager... it does make for a great story of places you've been thrown out of though.

lmao. i can just see it now: "Are you going to eat those eggs? Oh you are? Did you know eggs are really..." :smileytongue:

@ Dogboat I know it looks like a frying pan but it is really a Bolero Hat. I was inspired by this internet post. :matte-motes-whistle:

@ Valerie I don't know how much berries cost in France but over here they are too expensive to feed to Meeroos especially the organic ones. :smileytongue:

@ Void I liked your Phrasing better, it hit home harder I thought. :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Willow Danube wrote:

Oh you know what I said about what you said about what I said. You are just in denial.

ETA: BTW, Dogboat... I'm going for a pedicure. What colour should I have?

fillet 'o' fish, you are bound to drop some on your feet from the dustbin .

I just got back from... hey what is this??!! Shoosh, Dog! Stop licking my feet I just painted the nail... stop it! Bad Dog! Bad Dog!

Cute pic:smileywink:

It's not something I indulge in very often, but scrambled. With butter. Melt butter in skillet over very low heat, stir in the lightly beaten eggs. Cook over very low heat, stirring now and then. Supposedly it takes 45 minutes to properly cook them that way; I don't have enough patience so I usually cheat the heat up after 25 or 30 and stir 'em until they set. Real good.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

@ JoJo that looks hard to make, can I just come over? :smileytongue

Sure you can Keli, you can come with me to the organic cafe where someone else cooks them but I only go about once a month. Most of the time I eat Museli with blue berries and half a banana chopped up, not eggs I know but imo equally delicious :matte-motes-smile:

@ Wildcat I totally have all the stuff in the house right now, I can sooo make that. :matte-motes-big-grin:

@ Willow /me drops a piece of bacon on the ground... "Now go away puppy." :matte-motes-whistle:

@ Dillon 45 minutes? But you spend 30? Those must be some very tasty eggs if you are willing to wait that long. Next time I am waiting for you to get dressed to come out with us maybe I'll make some. :smileytongue:

@ Dee Over Paris, that sounds wonderful, when are we going? I am sure Val will let us stay with her. :matte-motes-inlove:

@ JoJo Organic Cafe? Okay let's go. btw I have been making the choice to buy more and more organic lately even though it cost a little more. (Better for me, better for the environment) :matte-motes-nerdy:

@ Venus /me hums along with ya. :matte-motes-little-laugh:

@WADE1 so do you cook the bacon first so you can use the grease to cook the eggs in? :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

@ Charolotte Aww how cute, just like you. :smileyhappy:

@ Jacki can you even get good avocados in Texas? :matte-motes-tongue:

@ Blot if ever I find myself in the UK I will have to give it a try, that is as long as you are sure I don't have to eat the heads. :smileytongue:

Oh Keli, I didn't have time to go back and find your point about hash browns.  I love home made hashbrowns, those are the best.

Oh, and btw, it's so hot today as it's Summer, I think I could fry an egg on the ground right now and not even need a frying pan.

I like eggs sunny-side up though sometimes I add a little water and cover it so the top turns all white. I guess that's like a muggy-side up. I also like frying a toast with the center cut out and dropping an egg in. Then there's poaching an egg in a pot of ramen noodles. Soft boiled with toast soldiers. Omelett with imitation crab. And even just microwave poached for a quick breakfast.

Mayalily wrote:

Oh Keli, I didn't have time to go back and find your point about hash browns.  I love home made hashbrowns, those are the best.

Oh, and btw, it's so hot today as it's Summer, I think I could fry an egg on the ground right now and not even need a frying pan.

youtube rocks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.