How do you like your eggs?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/me breaks in to song 

"how do you like your eggs in the morning? i like mine with a kiss, boiled or fried i'm satisfied as long as i get my kiss" :smileyvery-happy:

but seriously i like them hard boiled on their own or served warm encased in sausage meat and bread crumbs aka a scotch egg or even pickled

Willow Danube wrote:

oohhh... I beg to differ.

No way you can beat Chuck Norris. He's the better Christian. He owns Righteous Indignation.

I'm bohemian, I don't act righteous. I just pretend to be one. Are you a bohemian?

i'm a musician and a bon vivant, not a bohemian.

people who call themselves bohemians are just poor, uneducated people who can't accept being poor and uneducated.

and i like my eggs soft boiled with soldiers.

there is nothing better than getting them right from the hen house for breakfast in the morning..i can't give my eggs away fast enough..so we pretty much have some sort of eggs with about every meal hehehe

egg salad is my favorite..that and hard boiled and put in my salads...

Even though I'm anorexic I was born with a high cholesterol.  Weird, I know.  I think it's weird.  Anyhow, since I can't eat too many eggs, I like over easy with toast and a side of bacon or hash browns (cholesterol heaven, I know) on a Saturday or Sunday, and then egg salad once in a while. 

Mayalily wrote:

Even though I'm anorexic I was born with a high cholesterol.  Weird, I know.  I think it's weird.  Anyhow, since I can't eat too many eggs, I like over easy with toast and a side of bacon or hash browns (cholesterol heaven, I know) on a Saturday or Sunday, and then egg salad once in a while. 

you are a fat anorexic? :smileyindifferent:

To borrow a line: "The Incredible Edible Egg"

As the average hen lays 250 - 270 eggs a year, I try to limit myself to 5 hens worth of production.  I also consider and enjoy 'other' eggs: quail and roe.

I like my morning eggs 'medamayaki' style: from the Japanese literally meaning 'fried eyeballs'. 

PS fantastic outfit; cowboy chic 

Tsk! Tsk! .... I can't trust a musician who ate his food by looking at the menu from Times magazine. I may be a bohemian but I am also a trained Epicurean..I don't 'read' my food, I ate them in an artistically bohemian way.  Slurping and swirling your wine in your mouth while being able to pronounce your poison in perfect French in your perfect nasal voice isn't gonna make you a Bon Vivant.

Mayalily wrote:

eggs can actually lower your cholesteral..because eggs contain polyunsaturated fat..plus they are loaded with vitamins and protien ..

so if you were to replace something you eat that has saturated fat in it with egg in it's place you can reduce cholesteral..

but also cholesteral in the blood and cholesteral in food are not directly related..so eating a couple eggs a day is not going to raise your cholesteral level unless you are cooking them in lard or some saturated fat..

also having a higher cholesteral than avg is not a bad thing..it is a sign of good immunity..=)

but if your doctor told you to back off of eggs then it's best to listen to them..

i'm just saying there are a lot of myths about eggs as well as cholesteral..*winks* =)

No, lol, even when I was 100 pounds and heading down towards 90, I still had high cholesterol.  You've never heard of people who have genetically high cholesterol?  My sister also has this and her weight stays about 110 to 120. It's just there.  Perhaps we don't metabolize meat or meat products very well.  Interesting.  I could be onto something here about anorexics; perhaps we were born to be vegans?  Interesting, well to me, anyways. 

I agree there are some good things about eggs, but I do have to curtail a bit and eat a lot of fiber that tastes like cardboard.  Fiber drinks, fiber this, fiber that. 

ETA:  For Ceka, my doctor says about two eggs a week is okay.  Lots of weird fiber I have to eat, tastes like cardboard most of the time.  It's pretty bad tasting. 

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

I like my morning eggs 'medamayaki' style: from the Japanese literally meaning 'fried eyeballs'. 

i think you mean fried eggs. its quite a popular dish all over the world btw.

Yes, fried eggs: sunny side up - depending upon where you live, and covered in usuta sosu - only Japan. 

Willow Danube wrote:

Tsk! Tsk! .... I can't trust a musician who ate his food by looking at the menu from Times magazine. I may be a bohemian but I am also a trained Epicurean..I don't 'read' my food, I ate them in an artistically bohemian way.  Slurping and swirling your wine in your mouth while being able to pronounce your poison in perfect French in your perfect nasal voice isn't gonna make you a Bon Vivant.

i dont read the Times magazine i refered to the Times, the spectator and the economist, when you appeared to think that the Apple - US treasury thread was  all lies.

dont need to be french to be a bon vivant. its just a term for people who enjoy life and good food and wine.

bohemians think they do but you will often find them outside macdonalds rummaging through the rubbish bins for discarded burgers and fillet 'o' fish, a rare prize amongst bohemians and the pinnacle of their gastric delights.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Yes, fried eggs: sunny side up - depending upon where you live, and covered in usuta sosu - only Japan. 

i take it you live in japan then, my local shop sells usata sosu.

ill have to try it.

although i'll call it fried eggs anyway, being english and all that,my friends would say i was a poser otherwise..

Mayalily wrote:

I agree there are some good things about eggs, but I do have to curtail a bit and eat a lot of fiber that tastes like cardboard.  Fiber drinks, fiber this, fiber that. 

(ETA: ok i see your edit about your doctor..so i wouldn't stray from that.. i don't trust them myself when it comes to my body..not unless some strange virus has a hold of me..i can tell whenand what i am lacking inor have too much of.. because my father is such a health nut was very intune with his body and  that any time we felt low or down or hyper ..he would always say we were hopped up on this or that and it's making us up or down or sick or whatever.. LOL)

you sound like you need more protien than anything..how tall are you? don't answer if that is too personal hehehe

let me show you what is in eggs...i just found a good article on them..

EGG NOM NOM's hehehehe

this is from that article =)

delicious, nutritious

Eggs are actually quite nutritious. They are not just fat (yolk) and protein (white). In fact, they contain a wide array of essential vitamins and minerals. Here is what's in an egg..

Vitamins

A: good for the skin and growth.

D: strengthens bones by raising calcium absorption.

E: protects cells from oxidation.

B1: helps properly release energy from carbohydrates.

B2: helps release energy from protein and fat.

B6: promotes the metabolism of protein.

B12: an essential vitamin in the formation of nerve fibers and blood cells.

Minerals

Iron: essential in the creation of red blood cells.

Zinc: good for enzyme stability and essential in sexual maturation.

Calcium: most important mineral in the strengthening of bones and teeth.

Iodine: controls thyroid hormones.

Selenium: like vitamin E, it protects cells from oxidation.

So many ways Keli.. Scrambled with onion and cheddar cheese served with cornbeef hash and grits with butter and onion salt.  Or in quiche with spinach, bacon, and Parmesan cheese.  When I was a little girl, my dad used to make me eggs I called "dipping eggs" or sunny side up, although they were more cooked then sunny side up... More of an over medium, the yokes runny enough that I could dip my toast in it, sometimes served with a chocolate chip pancake shaped like Mickey Mouse.  Hmmm, breakfast for dinner tonight I think.  heheh

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

i take it you live in japan then,
my local shop sells usata sosu.

But of course they sell sosu in the UK - as it is a 'recipe' that was brought to Japan from the British in the 1800's.  The Brits call it worcestershire.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

i take it you live in japan then,
my local shop sells usata sosu.

But of course they sell sosu in the UK - as it is a 'recipe' that was brought to Japan from the British in the 1800's.  The Brits call it worcestershire.

not quite correct but close enough.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

bohemians think they do but you will often find them outside macdonalds rummaging through the rubbish bins for discarded burgers and fillet 'o' fish, a rare prize amongst bohemians and the pinnacle of their gastric delights. 

Wait? I thought you said you were a bohemian before? Did you just changed your lifestyle again? Are you saying when you were a bohemian you were doing all that? That's weird... I've never done those things.

I'm 5' 4", almost 5' 5". 

I eat protein, but for most meals I have to force myself to eat at all.

Some people I've met in RL think this is funny or sounds fun to be an anorexic, but it most certainly is not.  Fun to be an anorexic, not hardly, but this comes from people I meet in RL. 

If you want to help be my nutritionist Ceka, I'm open to suggestions and my IM box here is open to you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.