SL should have object decay

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

really.gif

You left out the most important part of that sentence.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Never said that. But I mean you realize if you use common sense, you can derender the objects that are triggering you, you can move, or you can even leave SL. This post is so stupid, basically I don't like what is on my neighbors property, however, I don't pay their tier. However, I should have a right bulldoze their land, cause it hurts my fee fees seeing that. 

Sounds like the opposite; This thread hurt your fee fees if you're so upset you're resorting to almost direct insults. If you don't like it, ignore it and move on. Or does that advice only apply to me and you're above it?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Simo Vodopan said:

Ding!

I like this guy. Yeah, I got those vibes too. Its like if you don't have the same opinion as them you don't belong in this 'utopia'. I've been lurking through these pages here and you and many other people have made valid points on this subject.

Its ironic they wanna talk about it being like a dictatorship when they, themselves act so entitled and selfish over the land they own. Its as some people have said; there are some plots of abandoned land with objects such as mega-prims that impede on other residents. I dunno about some of you guys out there but when I'm flying my plane around and suddenly I smack into a huge prim. That gets annoying.

It imagine it like real life;  lets say the person owning the property passes away and nobody else is around in the family to take the property and pay the property taxes. What happens? You guessed it, the government comes in and puts the property up on auction. These people wanna talk about common-sense well, there you go. You can apply that to Second Life. If a person hasn't shown up in X amount of years then its fair to say that the abandoned land should be up for a cleaning.

"its my land, I can do whatever I want" at the expense of everyone else. Do they not realize how bad that sounds? Lets say this person has a plot of land and its got all sorts of Nazi items. Are they gonna have the same thought process then or get triggered over it and request LL to do something about it?

Most of the time its a "Me-me" kind of thing with them then it is for actually being for the people around them.

Also, HOAs are a thing. If it looks terrible, then they'll have something to say about it.

He isn't talking about abandoned land, he is stating people should be able to bulldoze what is on the land, if they have been gone for a bit. If someone still pays for it, how is it abandoned? That being said, that Nazi comparison is a reach. And I mean yes if I still pay for my land in SL, I should be entitled to do whatever I want on it. Without having some dingus dictate his or her standards to me. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

You left out the most important part of that sentence.

Sounds like the opposite; This thread hurt your fee fees if you're so upset you're resorting to almost direct insults. If you don't like it, ignore it and move on. Or does that advice only apply to me and you're above it?

Okay but you are getting triggered over assets in a virtual world and basically saying we should bulldoze the place to the ground. Like you are entitled to dictate what is on their land. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

He isn't talking about abandoned land, he is stating people should be able to bulldoze what is on the land, if they have been gone for a bit. If someone still pays for it, how is it abandoned? That being said, that Nazi comparison is a reach. And I mean yes if I still pay for my land in SL, I should be entitled to do whatever I want on it. Without having some dingus dictate his or her standards to me. 

Is it really a reach? With the whackos we've seen in Second Life? I'm sure you've seen a few. :P

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Okay but you are getting triggered 

The only people getting triggered are the ones coming into an otherwise polite thread about a hypothetical and getting angry and slinging insults.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paul Hexem said:

The only people getting triggered are the ones coming into an otherwise polite thread about a hypothetical and getting angry and slinging insults.

Yes! You can have the most heart-felt and wholesome reply or subject on here and then someone whose having a bad day will come in and take it out on everybody else. I've noticed in general, the attitudes between the users on the board and the users in-world differ greatly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Simo Vodopan said:

Yes! You can have the most heart-felt and wholesome reply or subject on here and then someone whose having a bad day will come in and take it out on everybody else. I've noticed in general, the attitudes between the users on the board and the users in-world differ greatly.

It's crazy. Looking at the responses in this thread, you'd think I'd already gone in and deleted objects they were actively using, they're so upset. Don't know if we need to remind them that it doesn't and will probably never exist here, and that this is just a discussion thread, not a feature request.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

It's crazy. Looking at the responses in this thread, you'd think I'd already gone in and deleted objects they were actively using, they're so upset. Don't know if we need to remind them that it doesn't and will probably never exist here, and that this is just a discussion thread, not a feature request.

For real. Its like the end of the world as we know it. "Hypothetical? Whats that? Never heard of it. Oh well". "You're saying the feature wasn't actually put in? I'll be damned."

Theres a reason the boards don't get as much activity as you would think and its the general hostility over the most minor of things.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While you guys argue back and forth about whatever, I'm going to stick with what I said earlier. Mainland rules provide a place for chaos. If you choose to live there, you choose to take the chance that you won't like what someone else builds.

There are managed communities for anyone to choose if the want more control over what others build and the views they want.

Mainland provides the freedom to build what you want. I don't see it being a good idea to take that away when a person has other choices.

Leave mainland and the old builds alone. If it is just old builds you don't like and you still want mainland, choose land on one of the newer continents. No builds from 2003 will be there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Yeah, you're right! We should have all just responded "bad idea"!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sure. Plenty of people are disagreeing in this thread and some are even adding fair counter arguments and making good points and it absolutely adds to the discussion. It is still a "general discussion forum" last I checked, isn't it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Hexem said:

Why post at all on the forums? No dissenting opinions allowed anymore? No more thought provoking (or provoking other stuff, sure) discussions?

I enjoyed reading this thought experiment (despite the loopholes in the proposition), thanks for posting.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:
38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sure. Plenty of people are disagreeing in this thread and some are even adding fair counter arguments and making good points and it absolutely adds to the discussion. It is still a "general discussion forum" last I checked, isn't it?

Sorry, I was replying to your dislike for how the thread went:

58 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Which is it, do you want our feedback and discussion or not? 🙂

Or do you just not like the direction it took?

I'm actually curious at this point.

• Moles

Hi gang!

A quick reminder to all, straight from the Community Guidelines:

"Spirited discussion and constructive disagreement are welcome, but name-calling and airing of grievances are not appropriate in our discussion areas. We will also not tolerate any post that encourages others to violate any policy of Linden Lab."

In simpler words, disagree if you want to but lay off the personal attacks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Simo Vodopan said:

I've noticed in general, the attitudes between the users on the board and the users in-world differ greatly.

My attitude to over-entitled jerks claiming they have more rights on land I pay for than II do, is exactly the same in-world as on the forum.

The only difference is there, II can tell them what II really think of them without automated censorship, when they IM to complain about being punt-kicked and banned from my land by the zero second orb, right before  AR them for harassment, and mute/derender them.

All I'm seeing in this thread for the WRONG side of this argument is "But II demand the right to bully my way onto your land and delete your stuff because II don't LIIKE it, and you are off-line", and that is NOT a valid argument for stripping land owners of their rights.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dyna Mole said:

Hi gang!

A quick reminder to all, straight from the Community Guidelines:

"Spirited discussion and constructive disagreement are welcome, but name-calling and airing of grievances are not appropriate in our discussion areas. We will also not tolerate any post that encourages others to violate any policy of Linden Lab."

In simpler words, disagree if you want to but lay off the personal attacks.

Thanks, DM! I missed any "personal attacks"!

I guess that's a good thing.

6 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

My attitude to over-entitled jerks claiming they have more rights on land I pay for than II do, is exactly the same in-world as on the forum.

The only difference is there, II can tell them what II really think of them without automated censorship, when they IM to complain about being punt-kicked and banned from my land by the zero second orb, right before  AR them for harassment, and mute/derender them.

All I'm seeing in this thread for the WRONG side of this argument is "But II demand the right to bully my way onto your land and delete your stuff because II don't LIIKE it, and you are off-line", and that is NOT a valid argument for stripping land owners of their rights.

You do realize I've been talking about land owners who have been gone for ages right? Ones that are obviously not coming back. Lol... but you do you, you AR that poor guy who was simply having a stroll and walks by your land without any ill intention.

To be clear, I have no problems with anyones' builds. I have problems with objects that cause problems like mega-prims that have been left around.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, discussionbot said:

I enjoyed reading this thought experiment (despite the loopholes in the proposition), thanks for posting.

Me too, I'm just not sure why people get bent out of shape over it.

Like it or don't, agree or disagree, provide an argument or don't.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Simo Vodopan said:

For real. Its like the end of the world as we know it. "Hypothetical? Whats that? Never heard of it. Oh well". "You're saying the feature wasn't actually put in? I'll be damned."

Arrogant Troll Scum: "Dear LL, I think you should enact this un-feature of awfulness!"

*Sound of crickets*

The Worthless Sock-Puppet: "hear hear, do this now!"

LL: "We have NO ideas of our own. Hmmm two votes for, none against, maybe people WANT this, let's do it."

That's what happens when people don't stand up to "hypothetical suggestions of awfulness around here.

That's how we ended up with LL wasting time, effort, and money on a web-cam based trojan malware auto-gurning system, with digital arm-thrash anti-technology, that dragged on for ages before LL finally abandoned it, not because it was a sh*te idea nobody wanted, but because it was "too hard for LL devs".

This forum sees a lot of "sh*te ideas of awfulness" from clueless people.

This is thread is just one of many that need to be shot down before they gain traction with LL's Department of Dumb Ideas The Userbase Will Hate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Arrogant Troll Scum: "Dear LL, I think you should enact this un-feature of awfulness!"

*Sound of crickets*

The Worthless Sock-Puppet: "hear hear, do this now!"

LL: "We have NO ideas of our own. Hmmm two votes for, none against, maybe people WANT this, let's do it."

That's what happens when people don't stand up to "hypothetical suggestions of awfulness around here.

That's how we ended up with LL wasting time, effort, and money on a web-cam based trojan malware auto-gurning system, with digital arm-thrash anti-technology, that dragged on for ages before LL finally abandoned it, not because it was a sh*te idea nobody wanted, but because it was "too hard for LL devs".

This forum sees a lot of "sh*te ideas of awfulness" from clueless people.

This is thread is just one of many that need to be shot down before they gain traction with LL's Department of Dumb Ideas The Userbase Will Hate.

Coming from you? Yeah, you're one of those 'elites' I was talking about acting all high and mighty on here. Each of your posts I have seen radiates instigating energy. Thats trollish if anything.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sorry, I was replying to your dislike for how the thread went:

Which is it, do you want our feedback and discussion or not? 🙂

Or do you just not like the direction it took?

I'm actually curious at this point.

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks, DM! I missed any "personal attacks"!

I guess that's a good thing.

"I think this is a bad idea.", whether or not you add to that, is very different than "closed minded, stupid, dingus, You Problem, you should leave, self appointed spokes-bigot, Arrogant Troll Scum", which isn't even a comprehensive list of things quoted directly from replies in this thread.

Edit: and the fact that no action to remove them or the people saying them has been taken sort of feels like the green light that it's okay, despite the warning.

Edited by Paul Hexem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Simo Vodopan said:

You do realize I've been talking about land owners who have been gone for ages right?

Doesn't matter, if they are paying for land, it's their land, not yours, reel your neck in.

5 minutes ago, Simo Vodopan said:

Ones that are obviously not coming back. Lol...

One of my "neighbours" is some fossil, who quit SL, never to return, back in 2010. Then a decade later they came back.

Who are you to say anyone is "never coming back" especially if they are paying for land. Reel your neck in.

7 minutes ago, Simo Vodopan said:

To be clear, I have no problems with anyones' builds. I have problems with objects that cause problems like mega-prims that have been left around.

If the "mega prim" is entirely inside their parcel boundary, it's NONE of your business, reel your neck in.

If it encroaches on LLDPW land or Gov Linden's land, you AR it and governance come out and remove it.

There is NO need for a new "rule" allowing over-entitled people to bulldoze other peoples land. None.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

"I think this is a bad idea.", whether or not you add to that, is very different than "closed minded, stupid, dingus, You Problem, you should leave, self appointed spokes-bigot, Arrogant Troll Scum", which isn't even a comprehensive list of things quoted directly from replies in this thread.

I get that, I'm just used to the usual extremists (although not all who are being extreme in the thread are "extremists") being ignored as "mostly harmless", and as "seemingly endless founts of hyperbole"!

I probably missed the others, buried in the general noise.

It IS somewhat of a contentious suggestion.  For example, if someone were to seriously add the feature request for it in "Canny", then you may get a few "upvotes" with substantially more "downvotes".  That doesn't mean LL wouldn't DO it, they are not predictable sometimes.

🙂 

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Changed to "seemingly endless founts of hyperbole"

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It IS somewhat of a contentious suggestion. 

Absolutely it is. Those are the ones that get people talking. Sometimes you even get good ideas out of the back and forth.

• Like 1