What's the best VIP group value for new players?

Even after a good long time in SL, I'm still a sucker for freebies and cheapies where I can get a great bang for my buck. I love those groups with a whole wall of gifts that cost under 100L to join, or groups that cost more but have really nice gifts available. Luas is one of my absolute favorites - 50L for a massive wall of outfits and accessories. I've also gotten a lot of value out of the Truth VIP group over the years, though their gift wall has some pretty outdated pieces.

With an eye towards low cost and high amount of immediately available quality gifts, what do you think are the best VIP groups for new players to join?

• Like 2

I'm trying to think of groups I'm in which keep groups gifts out.

For makeup, Jack Spoon. For poses, Secret Poses. Addams has some good group gifts out. AviGlam for eyes. Salt & Pepper is a great one. KC Couture for shoes. I think Mutresse has a bunch out and her stuff is really good with a lot of options.

• Like 1

Hmm, lemme see...I'm probably missing some because I've joined/left a ton of groups in the process of collecting these, buuuut:

Scandalize for clothing - 10L to join, massive outlet of group gifts

Sintiklia for LOTS of hair/makeup - free to join

Andore for mesh ears and earrings - 75L to join, not a huge wall, but some really nice stuff

Swallow for jewelry/accessories - 90L to join

Tarte for home/garden/decor - 20L to join

What Next for lots of decor/food - 150L to join

Pure Poison for nails, shoes, lingerie - 1L to join

KC Couture for shoes - free to join

Top1Salon for makeup - free to join, 39L free store credit each week, plus a small group gift wall

Nuve for skins, makeup, eyebrows - 350L to join, but there may be discounts on the fee from time to time and you can usually get in for free during Lel's Christmas event

Akeruka for the 1L head giveaways - 150L to join

Vision for clothing - 18L to join, some group gifts, you want this one for the frequent free store credit during events

Tachinni for clothing - 15L to join, same as Vision - a couple of gifts but free store credit given frequently

Ives Beauty for skins/makeup - 10L to join

Dust Bunny for FOOOOOD and decor - free to join

Hive for decor - free to join

Zibska for hats/headwear and makeup - 200L to join

Apple Fall for home/decor - no group to join - just slap the Free Gifts button at the Quick Links board at reception

Cubic Cherry for random, quirky accessories - 66L to join

The Annex for a few nice clothing gifts - free to join

Glitzz for lingerie - 300L to join, not sure about regular group gifts, but they have an amazing advent event during December with a full month of daily gifts

13Act for clothing and accessories - free to join, only a few gifts, but a free 25L weekly store credit

Lastly, if you're into photography - Synnergy for backdrops - 150L to join, free monthly backdrop, and a great advent event all December with backdrops/poses. They're actually currently running a "15 days of Pride" advent calendar as well. Free poses/backdrops each day through June 15th (missed days are available to grab until the event ends). 

• Like 8

Pink Cream Pie is a good one. I joined during one of the free join times but it's 314 to join normally. Lots of group gifts, monthly 100L credit, lucky chairs and advents. They are currently having a Pride advent where you can snag gifts during the weekend and 50L credits Mon-Fri. 

I second No.Match for their group gift hair. ($L 50 to join)

Nuve for their group gift skins ($L 350 to join, but well worth it because you can get both body & head skins. Not much for guys except eyebrows though.)

COCO has some nice free clothes in standard & Maitreya sizes. (Free to join)

Blueberry has a good wall of group gifts, but since they're closing, there won't be anymore store credit gifts. Addams has similar group gifts & store credit gifts.

ViSion & Tachinni are good for store credit gifts in December. (Under $L 20 each to join.) Salt & Pepper for their Advent gifts & store credit in December. ( $L 300 to join I think.) 

Carol's Store for store credit & women's clothes in harder to find sizes (Erika, LaraX). ($L 10 to join.) GGVG is good for clothes & store credit too. ( Free to join.)

Jian & Rezz Room for some free wearable or decor type pets. Jinx for store credit in December or January.

Apple Fall & Zerkalo (both free) for mesh furniture & decor. Apple Fall also has free stuff in the store. Use Area Search to find items for sale for $L 0. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

Petrichor has a large back catalog of free fantasy gifts, I think their usergroup is free to join. It's listed as: [The Plastik.].

/ Vae + Victis \ is 50L to join, is also good if you're looking for some fantasy goodies. 

• Like 2

Oh, where do I begin?

First, next door to Luas is Una. They too have a wall of gifts. Both stores have lucky boards that change fairly often.

Fallen Gods is a great group for fantasy skins. Right now it's free to join (as it is most of the year). Around October, they have a fortune teller machine for a limited release skin (male and female). They've also begun releasing evox skins. Their group will also let you know about various freebies for different events they're in.

Heaux is another great skin store to join and keep. They have a big wall of freebies and a group only skin for sale. More importantly, they have a 25L/week credit board. Slap the board every monday and that 25L will add up.

Yomi hair: (100L to join). Group gifts and discounts

Yoshi Eyes: 10L to join, lots of group gifts. I'm not sure if that goes up at xmas time when they give out a gift card for store credit. Lotsa pretty eyes for sale too!

Lovelysweet: More pretty eyes! and free to join!

Avec Toi: 50L to join; great latex gifts

Since 1975: Free to join, every month or two, they'll send out a free gift via the group list, so you have to be in the group to get the gift. Last time was a rigged coffee IV with a hand held pole that the coffee bag hangs on

Many of the Events will have gifts at xmas and for their anniversary rounds. Luckily those groups are free (so far, lol)

Speaking of gifts at xmas, the last 2 (or was it 3?) of the Lelutka gift event/sorta hunt, all the skin and makeup stores that participate are free to join during the event, so it's a good time to join those stores you want permanently.

• Like 4

On 6/11/2024 at 4:14 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

I second No.Match for their group gift hair. ($L 50 to join)

Nuve for their group gift skins ($L 350 to join, but well worth it because you can get both body & head skins. Not much for guys except eyebrows though.)

Blueberry has a good wall of group gifts, but since they're closing, there won't be anymore store credit gifts. Addams has similar group gifts & store credit gifts.

ViSion & Tachinni are good for store credit gifts in December. (Under $L 20 each to join.) Salt & Pepper for their Advent gifts & store credit in December. ( $L 300 to join I think.) 

Carol's Store for store credit & women's clothes in harder to find sizes (Erika, LaraX). ($L 10 to join.) GGVG is good for clothes & store credit too. ( Free to join.)

Jian & Rezz Room for some free wearable or decor type pets. Jinx for store credit in December or January.

Apple Fall & Zerkalo (both free) for mesh furniture & decor. Apple Fall also has free stuff in the store. Use Area Search to find items for sale for $L 0. 

Oh yes, COCO is a great one, has some Maitreya Petite sizes as well. Owner is super nice.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2024 at 11:14 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Ever so enthusiastically do I recommend this store.  Also for those people who might have left SL for a few years but are recently returned, and who are still maybe wearing Slink or Freya bodies with little or no interest to change that situation, and who are looking for some good quality free gifts of clothes and shoes. Coco has them covered.

• Like 2

I'd also consider RealEvil Industries (Jewelry)! 

They have 2 groups, one being a VIP one. Non-VIP is free, VIP is $500, but... defo worth it in the long run, as it will eventually pay for itself based on the discounts you get as being part of the group.