LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The outfit itself, yes. IRL most of the women in the US who actually wear this fashion regularly are 18+, the dresses are not inexpensive. 2 of the most visible style icons that wear it are now over 50 and the most famous model for it is in her 40’s now. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Why on earth would that outfit not be safe???

I once bought my frog some froofroo dress like that, but with a cute hood and leaf umbrella, LOL. I really ought to wear it more. It's adorbs (has a cute froggy pattern on it and everything!).

I could name like a dozen stores off the top of my head in SL that sell adult clothing in that exact same style. Plus, ya know...if they banned that, SoKawaiiSundays would go right out of business...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It has frilly socks!

You're really missing the point, Arielle. It's not what you wear that is the potential problem for any adult avatar. It's what you do.

You can wear an actual diaper (even a frilly one!) as an adult in SL without violating the ToS. AND you can wear it while indulging in kinky sex -- so long as other factors, such as emotes, don't make it clear that you are representing a child.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You're really missing the point, Arielle. It's not what you wear that is the potential problem for any adult avatar. It's what you do.

You can wear an actual diaper (even a frilly one!) as an adult in SL without violating the ToS. AND you can wear it while indulging in kinky sex -- so long as other factors, such as emotes, don't make it clear that you are representing a child.

Don't use common sense with these people. They will just argue it to death even more. Lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I once bought my frog some froofroo dress like that, but with a cute hood and leaf umbrella, LOL. I really ought to wear it more. It's adorbs (has a cute froggy pattern on it and everything!).

I could name like a dozen stores off the top of my head in SL that sell adult clothing in that exact same style. Plus, ya know...if they banned that, SoKawaiiSundays would go right out of business...

I don't have any clothing, that I know of, that is "branded" as Lolita, but I've got a zillion Victorian / Edwardian outfits that, were I to accessorize them strategically, could easily pass for this kind of thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The "is this ok?" is the standard tactic to "switch topics when losing an argument / bored".

It certainly doesn't address the "concerns" expressed in the OP.

It is partly fishing for contention and controversy ("Maybe THIS will get a rise out of them!"), and partly an expression of a running theme from some people: LL "needs" to lay out every possible eventuality in full detail so that 1) we don't mistakenly do something really niche that is wrong, and 2) we can complain that LL is being too specific and rigid.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Just to clarify, you could wear those outfits at any age. They're perfectly cute and G-rated with full coverage.

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't have any clothing, that I know of, that is "branded" as Lolita, but I've got a zillion Victorian / Edwardian outfits that, were I to accessorize them strategically, could easily pass for this kind of thing.

Yep, there's a style for that, too! And for more masculine/male/unisex looks, there's Ouji style, which is REALLY adorable (and very Victorian & Edwardian). Examples here.

We could use more of that style in SL. I'd rock it (the dresses are a bit toooo froo froo for me under normal circumstances).

Edit: I just saw them use the term "brolita" on that site and now I'm dead. 🤣

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added Stuffs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It certainly doesn't address the "concerns" expressed in the OP.

It is partly fishing for contention and controversy ("Maybe THIS will get a rise out of them!"), and partly an expression of a running theme from some people: LL "needs" to lay out every possible eventuality in full detail so that 1) we don't mistakenly do something really niche that is wrong, and 2) we can complain that LL is being too specific and rigid.

Following the trend of "find the logical fallacy", I believe it's also technically a "strawman argument" (as a contentious question which is not related, something that can be "shot down" besides the actual topic).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Just to clarify, you could wear those outfits at any age. They're perfectly cute and G-rated with full coverage.

Yep, there's a style for that, too! And for more masculine/male/unisex looks, there's Ouji style, which is REALLY adorable (and very Victorian & Edwardian). Examples here.

We could use more of that style in SL. I'd rock it (the dresses are a bit toooo froo froo for me under normal circumstances).

Edit: I just saw them use the term "brolita" on that site and now I'm dead. 🤣

Oooh. Style challenge!

Except, as I'm not really so much into the manga / anime aesthetic, I might try to do something more punk (which might just end up looking goth, but we'll see).

And lol @ "brolita"!

• Like 3

I figured out another reason this thread does not get closed: While to "some of us", the general argument seems specious, and pointless, it may be useful for some at LL. 

Just like the other threads were useful and ultimately led to the updated FAQ's!

• Like 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I figured out another reason this thread does not get closed: While to "some of us", the general argument seems specious, and pointless, it may be useful for some at LL. 

Just like the other threads were useful and ultimately led to the updated FAQ's!

That may be so, but I'd be hard pressed to point to anything that's come up here that would likely be "useful" in that regard -- other than a blanket assurance, perhaps, that LL is not currently scouring our IMs and chat for "key word" flags.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That may be so, but I'd be hard pressed to point to anything that's come up here that would likely be "useful" in that regard -- other than a blanket assurance, perhaps, that LL is not currently scouring our IMs and chat for "key word" flags.

I have all the proof I need that LL isn't scouring my IMs.

I'm still here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Just now, Madelaine McMasters said:

I have all the proof I need that LL isn't scouring my IMs.

I'm still here!

A more realistic proof that they're not reading your IMs is that they mostly seem to still be awake.

🙃

• Haha 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And lol @ "brolita"!

Yes, we need much more "Himbo" and "Brolita" styles.

"Would the 'Little Lord Fauntleroy' look be OK for a guy?"

As rocked by Angus Young:

10 reasons why Angus Young never grows old

As worn by the 3 Stooges:

Adults Dressed as Children - TV Tropes

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oooh. Style challenge!

Except, as I'm not really so much into the manga / anime aesthetic, I might try to do something more punk (which might just end up looking goth, but we'll see).

Try Visual Kei for that. I dunno how popular that is anymore (used to be huge in the 90s/Malice Mizer days), but I still adore the look. Lots of punk elements to that.

And lol @ "brolita"!

I laughed sooo hard and then I got mad that I hadn't thought of that first, lololol.

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Not currently, nah. There was mention at the community meeting that they'd share more info about their plans for that in the future once they settle on something, though they may not come out and say exactly what tools they've decided on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

IMO, they could be looking for "valid" concerns, and whether or not the group has a consensus "correct" understanding for how those concerns could be met. If we are "spot on" or "totally wrong" in addressing "valid" concerns, there's an opportunity for more TOS clarification.

Taking the OP at "face value", they supposedly had "valid concerns" about the TOS changes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"Would the 'Little Lord Fauntleroy' look be OK for a guy?"

As rocked by Angus Young

Reported.

(Just cuz I don't much like AC/DC)

May a "dirty deed be done dirt cheap" unto YOU!

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

A more realistic proof that they're not reading your IMs is that they mostly seem to still be awake.

🙃

...sets you on fire

Instant karma!

• Haha 2