LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What if one of the roleplayers in a sexual encounter turns into a pumpkin and talks to the other as if they were a child?  We need clarification from LL on that as well..

Not as far as I am concerned. There is no clause banning sex with fruits!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What if one of the roleplayers in a sexual encounter turns into a pumpkin and talks to the other as if they were a child?  We need clarification from LL on that as well..

A child avatar must not engage in sexual activities, even if this is with a plant. If the person is clearly not a minor, then the other person must be roleplaying that they're delusional.  

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It is a legit question which the Lindens should clarify. The responsibility should not be on someone for the RP assumption of another. That is victim blaming.

If someone in an adult situation makes it clear at some.point that they are RPing underage or RPing that YOU are underage, you need to end it and report them.  You're not a victim if you stop as soon as it starts.  With LL having access to your IM, it will be pretty clear if you're not going along with it.

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I can imagine someone being hesitant to challenge the behavior of the other person if they tend to be submissive, but for one's own safety and mental health, it's better to be able to stand up for oneself. This is why RL BDSM has safewords. Practice saying "No" for smaller requests. Then it gets easier to say "No" to bigger ones. We don't have to be victims in SL.

Being submissive doesn't give anyone a pass or make them a victim as far as LL is concerned.  We ARE adults so we need to take responsibility for our own actions.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

A child avatar must not engage in sexual activities, even if this is with a plant. If the person is clearly not a minor, then the other person must be roleplaying that they're delusional.  

What if both are pumpkins, presenting as children (with pumpkin modesty patches), yet begin sexy-talk?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

That's the whole pivot point. As soon as age comes into it, and they cross the pedo line, that's where it's bad and dangerous and you should take action to make sure it isn't on you.

I agree, it should be assumed that both parties are 18 without having to stipulate it. I have met inworld pedo's and they were pretty insistent that one admits they are under 18. Something I won't do. Why other factors have to come into it seems silly to me. The modesty panel is indication enough for those playing under 18 and those without, 18+.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What if it is for medicinal purposes?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I agree, it should be assumed that both parties are 18 without having to stipulate it. I have met inworld pedo's and they were pretty insistent that one admits they are under 18. Something I won't do. Why other factors have to come into it seems silly to me. The modesty panel is indication enough for those playing under 18 and those without, 18+.

That's exactly it, succinct and to the point. You shouldn't have to worry if nobody's said the taboo things and tried to get you to do that with them.

If you're both presenting as adults inworld, you shouldn't even need the disclaimer of saying you're legal. I think you can relax and enjoy yourself more knowing this.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What if both are pumpkins, presenting as children (with pumpkin modesty patches), yet begin sexy-talk?

What would a child pumpkin look like? If it's fully a pumpkin, then it's not a human avatar, so I think it's ok. If it's a human child-pumpkin hybrid, then that has to be wrong. 

Btw, I think that would be "modesty pumpkin patches."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What would a child pumpkin look like? If it's fully a pumpkin, then it's not a human avatar, so I think it's ok. If it's a human child-pumpkin hybrid, then that has to be wrong. 

If they had any worries, I would simply advise them to keep it to IMs. In the meantime, I will be marketing stealth pumpkin avatars to bypass the rules, I just need to know how big to make the crotch bulges and where to put them.

Everyone, please realize the above is a joke, and I have no such intentions. Pumpkins with weeny bulges are gross, and nobody should be sexualizing immature pumpkins, or any other form of produce for that matter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If someone in an adult situation makes it clear at some.point that they are RPing underage or RPing that YOU are underage, you need to end it and report them.  You're not a victim if you stop as soon as it starts.  With LL having access to your IM, it will be pretty clear if you're not going along with it.

Being submissive doesn't give anyone a pass or make them a victim as far as LL is concerned.  We ARE adults so we need to take responsibility for our own actions.  

I'd like to see clarification of that. I do figure you for the strictest interpretation of most ToS policies so I'd like to see LL's interpretation, which in past has been typically a little more reasonable.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I'd like to see clarification of that. I do figure you for the strictest interpretation of most ToS policies so I'd like to see LL's interpretation, which in past has been typically a little more reasonable.

Someone post that FAQ link again. I'ts in there somewhere. And the whole Sxual-Aplay policy page has been updated to reflect the changes.

LL will know if you participated, or if you refused. They can read it.

They can also tell what people were wearing and what they were doing when someone reports them, so as to sort out who was actually at fault if anything was fault-worthy. It's safer for everyone but the offending persons, now. The way it should always have been.

Someone shows up out of nowhere, does something to violate the TOS, reports everyone, and only they themselves will get their account nuked. Goodbye to at least one form of really annoying and hideous trolling behavior.

I know I'm a lot less paranoid now. I'm better protected if someone tries to destroy me out of spite or hatred.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PheebyKatz said:

Someone post that FAQ link again. I'ts in there somewhere.

LL will know if you participated, or if you refused. They can read it.

They can also tell what people were wearing and what they were doing when someone reports them, so as to sort out who was actually at fault if anything was fault-worthy. It's safer for everyone but the offending persons, now. The way it should always have been.

Wishes I knew what i was wearing a minute before i made some awful change that I regret but now forgot the name of. I somehow doubt LL knows what I was wearing unless i log off and it is marked down during the log off off process. Even then I think it is a function of the viewer, not the server. Anyway, just an aside,

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

nobody should be sexualizing immature pumpkins, or any other form of produce for that matter.

except🥒🍆, 🍑, 🥭(mango), 🍅🍅, 🌽, 🥕, 🥝🥝, 🍌,🍈🍈(mellons), and 🍄's

I forget kiwis should be mentioned in pairs.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

and nobody should be sexualizing immature pumpkins, or any other form of produce for that matter.

I'm glad you agree, Pheeby. As we learn in Shamanism, everything has a soul, a type of consciousness, no matter the form.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Wishes I knew what i was wearing a minute before i made some awful change that I regret but now forgot the name of. I somehow doubt LL knows what I was wearing unless i log off and it is marked down during the log off off process. Even then I think it is a function of the viewer, not the server. Anyway, just an aside,

Give it time, and do what you know is right, and I think eventually you'll find it easier to relax about all of this stuff. Time will tell, but I have a good feeling about the new rules.

Being worried just means you care, and that's a point in your favor, too. It shows you want to do the right thing. I'm pretty sure LL knows you're not into all that icky stuff, or you'd be gone already.

You're one of us visible people who gets noticed and probably looked at because we're publicly vocal. It's likely LL knows us way better than we think they do. I think you'll be okay, and you deserve to have fun and not have to worry about all that nonsense.

You'll see, I think it's going to be better for all this.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Wishes I knew

The problem is that you can't imagine every scenario or expect a rule from LL on them. Some scenarios are very obvious, and we'll get the rules spelled out. But so much, as is the case in social interactions, will be left to the discretion of whomever reviews AR's. This is uncomfortable to those who expect everything can be spelled out clearly in black & white. But this is not a script with clear delineations. You're going to have to accept the vagueness if you want any peace. I guess you'll torture the forum while you adjust.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I agree.  It's a little farfetched. Sort of like people complaining up and down about how long it takes Governance's overworked staff to get around to dealing with ARs and then --- counterintuitively -- worrying that that same staff is going to have the time and motivation to paw through everyone's chat for dirty words.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I guess you'll torture the forum while you adjust.

I don't see it as torture, I see it as one of us worrying unnecessarily, and needing some reassurance that things will be okay. As far as I'm concerned, that's one of the things we're all here for, to talk things like this out and help people (even the ones reading who never post) to have a better SL.

I gotta go get groceries, but it's worth an extra half an hour of my time to help a sister out. We're all in this together.

I'll say again that I think things will actually improve because of the changes. Change always brings a little confusion for some and a lot for others, but time will show how it works out, and I can see it getting better.

*nips off to get dinner stuff*

PS: They've even said that if a person usually plays a kid, and has a kiddy profile, and they put on an adult avatar and go to an adult sim and get reported, nothing will happen to them, because they were presenting as an adult when they went off to do their adulting.

Everyone's human, after all, and even people who are usually a baby, a toddler, or even a pumpkin might want to go have a fling somewhere as a fully matuire, sexual being without changing their entire account to reflect it.

They're easing off on the generalities that could convict the innocent, and homing in with the hammer on specific violations.

I see that as a HUGE improvement to policy.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I guess you'll torture the forum while you adjust.

I don't see it as torture, I see it as one of us worrying unnecessarily, and needing some reassurance that things will be okay. As far as I'm concerned, that's one of the things we're all here for, to talk things like this out and help people to have a better SL.

I gotta go get groceries, but it's worth an extra half an hour of my time to help a sister out.

I'd normally think that except I have years of experience knowing this isn't the case, years I never saw you around to witness this.  I hate to see you being manipulated.

Manipulative people really anger me, and even more so seeing innocent people get sucked into it.  Best I leave the thread before I get too angry, or say something I shouldn't.

Edited by Luna Bliss

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I agree.  It's a little farfetched. Sort of like people complaining up and down about how long it takes Governance's overworked staff to get around to dealing with ARs and then --- counterintuitively -- worrying that that same staff is going to have the time and motivation to paw through everyone's chat for dirty words.  

Except it was mentioned they are looking at some Ai tools that will dramatically speed up the process. It is not mentioned much as we haven't much more clarity on it, but is a factor in behind some of the posting.