Preventing TP to G-rated regions

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Our new Apple overlords might find it to be a problem, as well as social media platforms with a lot of bored people on them looking for solutions without a problem.    I think this is what Oberwager meant when he said don't ruin mobile, don't log into "G rated sims dressed inappropriately or preform acts that are inappropriate for the area.  I could easily see click baiters out there looking to make a little money, would want to spread the dangers of second life to their doom scrolling audience looking for their daily dose of outrage.  If they were not able to find it, perhaps they would just as well create a few accounts and create it themselves.

Society, the internet, and especially social media, tends to look for solutions without problems.

LOL, so WE are going to ruin mobile by behaving badly? Newsflash: mobile is already ruined before they even release it. Its a disaster just waiting for a release date so it can happen. 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

LOL, so WE are going to ruin mobile by behaving badly? Newsflash: mobile is already ruined before they even release it. Its a disaster just waiting for a release date so it can happen. 😂

You probably better wait for the Firestorm phone browser.
We can't let you use the totally inferior LL junk, can we?
;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

You probably better wait for the Firestorm phone browser.
We can't let you use the totally inferior LL junk, can we?
;)

I have no interest in using any phone viewer. I’m not that addicted to SL that I can’t wait until I’m home to log in, and even then  after i finish my rl responsibilities

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I have no interest in using any phone viewer. I’m not that addicted to SL that I can’t wait until I’m home to log in, and even then  after i finish my rl responsibilities

I agree with this.  I spend to much time in SL.  I dont' need to carry it around with me every where I go.  I have candy crush for that. 🥰

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's on Firestorm as well if you have the Navigation bar showing.

Tweenkies is an interesting name for a place.  🤔

I can see your concern, tweenkies isn't a play on tween, its a play on twink, you are an alphabet people ally aren't you?

And no, I've looked, and I don't see a navigation bar option on the Phoenix version, there might be one on the LL clone, but why would anyone want to use that version?

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff

3 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

there might be one on the LL clone, but why would anyone want to use that version?

Because it's the original. I think there are a couple of TPVs that are written from the ground up, but the rest, including Firestorm, are merely modifications of it. And it's always ahead of the rest. From what I've read in this forum, Firestorm is currently 6 months behind it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

From what I've read in this forum, Firestorm is currently 6 months behind it.

It gets so very confusing, when I start seeing people complaining about a new Firestorm feature, MONTHS after I already got used to that feature in the official SL viewer!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Because it's the original. I think there are a couple of TPVs that are written from the ground up, but the rest, including Firestorm, are merely modifications of it. And it's always ahead of the rest. From what I've read in this forum, Firestorm is currently 6 months behind it.

Firestorm has I believe 3 layouts, one that is a copy of the current LL layout, one that is based on the SL 1.23 version (the last decent version, every version after that is/was crap) and some weird blended version.

Its good that firestorm is 6 months behind, that means i get 6 extra months before I have to deal with LL’s latest new (and totally worthless) shiny.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed a word

I can see your concern, tweenkies isn't a play on tween, its a play on twink, you are an alphabet people ally aren't you?

And no, I've looked, and I don't see a navigation bar option on the Phoenix version, there might be one on the LL clone, but why would anyone want to use that version?

You must have hidden the Navigation bar at some point...  

23a4e201d8f3c891f86bafb38c126f2c.thumb.png.14f7206996304c4749ff8fa81fca5a2c.png

Screenshot(17).png.54812c9e242837147efed81fb9628ba2.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

tweenkies isn't a play on tween, its a play on twink

I've never, ever seen it spelled "tweenkies".  I may have missed something.

Was this on a sign/ad, or are you using this spelling as some type of signaling?

In any case, because I never saw it before referencing "twinks", and because "twinkies" is also "never used hardly ever", I disagree with your assertion quoted above.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Its good that firestorm is 6 months behind, that means i get 6 extra months before I have to deal with LL’s latest new (and totally worthless) shiny.

Strange really, because all TPVs include LL’s latest new (and totally worthless) shiny. They have to because TPVs are the LL viewer with a few modifications (except maybe one or two of them, not including Firestorm). You are using the LL viewer with a few modifications ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

You are using the LL viewer with a few modifications ;)

And mostly cosmetic on top of that. Mainly renaming features and tuck them in another spot than where the LL viewer has them.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Strange really, because all TPVs include LL’s latest new (and totally worthless) shiny.

I use Catznip R13.2, and it certainly doesn't include Pretentious Bloody Rubbish fail render.

32 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

They have to because TPVs are the LL viewer with a few modifications

... months of urgently needed anti-bug-filled-hot-mess fixes.

There, fixed that for you.

33 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

You are using the LL viewer with a few modifications

... bucket load of fixes and Quality-Of-Life features LL were too lazy or stupid to put in.

Fixed that for you again.

That's why 70% of SecondLifers do NOT use the Official Fail Viewer, and NEVER will.

You and Love need to get over it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I use Catznip R13.2, and it certainly doesn't include Pretentious Bloody Rubbish fail render.

Would not touch that viewer with a barge pole.  One of its 'devs' is active here and also is allowed to lord over the SL subreddit, not a good apple at all. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

That's why 70% of SecondLifers do NOT use the Official Fail Viewer, and NEVER will.

Nope it has to do with the cool kids around.
Remember there is a lot of high school and college behavior going on in SL.
If the cool kids adopt Firestorm, it must be the best.
If the cool kids use fat asses, elephant butts are the new black.
And so on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

You must have hidden the Navigation bar at some point...  

23a4e201d8f3c891f86bafb38c126f2c.thumb.png.14f7206996304c4749ff8fa81fca5a2c.png

Screenshot(17).png.54812c9e242837147efed81fb9628ba2.png

nope it must be a different layout, firestorm has 3 layouts, one mimics the LL viewer. THAT one will have a navigation bar

46 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

And mostly cosmetic on top of that. Mainly renaming features and tuck them in another spot than where the LL viewer has them.

Hardly cosmetic, it replicates the last decent LL viewer SL 1.23. several of the other viewers base their viewer on that one too.

32 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:
41 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Nope it has to do with the cool kids around.
Remember there is a lot of high school and college behavior going on in SL.
If the cool kids adopt Firestorm, it must be the best.
If the cool kids use fat asses, elephant butts are the new black.
And so on.

You could be right...it could be a rebellion against authority from the 'independent' types who hate anything they don't have total control over.  I do appreciate all the hard work the Firestorm developers put in to their viewer however, but I've never really compared the differences to determine if Firestorm actually is better. I just use it because so many others do so is easier to help customers.  Would be nice to see a chart with a feature comparison.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Was this on a sign/ad, or are you using this spelling as some type of signaling?

In any case, because I never saw it before referencing "twinks", and because "twinkies" is also "never used hardly ever", I disagree with your assertion quoted above.

I guess you will just have to contact the owner of the club and ask her why she chose the spelling she did 😂

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

gonna be honest with you @Love Zhaoying I assume any time you respond to one of my posts It’s to try and get me to say something you can report me for. Heck, you’ll probably report this one. 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

nope it must be a different layout, firestorm has 3 layouts, one mimics the LL viewer. THAT one will have a navigation bar

You're using Vintage/Classic look for the viewer..  If you right click where the menu is, you'll get a drop down menu where you can enable various things such as Show Navigation and Search bar.  The HOME button is there.  It's something that I disable since I don't like things taking up real estate on my screen.

4d42d67787e2e2d8dbb9e3ba3431d7d8.png.cd93bc3b4624c110097e8ffcd7a9a0f7.png

3d49c58f80924f704f1529e0916e5458.thumb.png.cd0aafacdc09bf5f30fc4a7822f46cca.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Perhaps Firestorm is always behind because they want to wait for LL to fix all the bugs in their new shiny before foisting it on their own users.

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The HOME button is there.  It's something that I disable since I don't like things taking up real estate on my screen.

You probably also know the shortcut key for "home"!