Possibly Changing Your Region To Adult Due To TOS?

I'm considering changing my 2 regions to Adult due to the new TOS. Is anybody else considering this?

Often I go AFK in my own sims and it leaves me wide open to griefer child avatars coming to stand beside me and derendering my clothes or something.  I've got a couple major enemies here, and some have delighted in getting me time-outs on the forum via various manipulations, so no doubt they'd love to be able to get me banned from SL completely.

I've got a big park under my store with rides and I'm sure lots of child avatars would enjoy this, and I've even had one child avatar approach me, really loving the park, but wondering about the safety of the sim as it was M at the time. I'd really like child avatars to be able to enjoy the park, but I suppose in order to protect myself I'll need to limit child avatars and hope they find visiting as an adult acceptable.

This will really disadvantage me due to less sales in my store above the park though, as I believe the default for new people is G & M, and when people have to change a setting you always lose a few who don't want to bother adding the A setting, or don't even understand they need to change a setting, or else believe total sex-stuff is on an A sim so avoid it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I started thinking that I want to go get a "G-region" parcel instead!

Good to know, but you're a lion avatar so don't have the same concerns I do as a human avatar.

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Good to know, but you're a lion avatar so don't have the same concerns I do as a human avatar.

I actually don't know what you're implying, sorry!

I already have my land on an adult region.

I am thinking about G-region land instead, because then I can hang out with nice people who aren't looking for kink! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I actually don't know what you're implying, sorry!

I already have my land on an adult region.

I am thinking about G-region land instead, because then I can hang out with nice people who aren't looking for kink! 

If a griefer avatar derendered my clothing and took a photo I'd be naked when they stood beside me as a child avatar, whereas I don't believe that's the case for animal avatars?  I don't know as I've never tried to derender an animal avatar.

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I can hang out with nice people who aren't looking for kink! 

Are you saying that people into kinks are automatically bad people?  I hope not, as I think a whole lot of people on this forum would be quite upset.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

If a griefer avatar derendered my clothing and took a photo I'd be naked when they stood beside me as a child avatar,

This kind of thing is covered a lot in the ongoing threads about the TOS changes. I am sorry that you are not participating in those discussions, or perhaps you would be reassured on that possible issue.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

whereas I don't believe that's the case for animal avatars?  I don't know as I've never tried to derender an animal avatar.

The TOS changes as they apply to "animal" avatars are also under deep discussion.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

This kind of thing is covered a lot in the ongoing threads about the TOS changes. I am sorry that you are not participating in those discussions, or perhaps you would be reassured on that possible issue.

I have other things to do besides live on the forum so can't keep up with all that.  From my scanning though I didn't see anything about people feeling the need to change the maturity setting on their region.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

If a griefer avatar derendered my clothing and took a photo I'd be naked when they stood beside me as a child avatar, whereas I don't believe that's the case for animal avatars?  I don't know as I've never tried to derender an animal avatar.

When they review the server record they'll see that your clothing was actually there because derendering won't affect that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

When they review the server record they'll see that your clothing was actually there because derendering won't affect that.

Thanks, that's good to know.

I can't think of other ways griefers could exploit the new TOS changes...hopefully there aren't any.

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The main issue I see about changing to "G" rating is, I don't think there is any 2X prim "G" rating.

Going the other direction though, you can benefit from all kinds of "Adult" region perks.

I've never known of any differences in perks between G, M, or A regions.

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Your region could probably be G rated with minimal effort Luna.

Maybe it's time to put living and working in separate spaces.

It was G up until a few months ago when I had a couple renters who needed it to be M. Not renting out anymore though.

Oh I have homes/living spaces elsewhere, but I was referring to me wandering around  my regions working on my store or park.

23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

[…] From my scanning though I didn't see anything about people feeling the need to change the maturity setting on their region.

It came up somewhere in the past few days. One post I saw was claiming that moving to Adult would be newly appealing because it would mean no child avatars could be around, but I didn't get the sense they were worried about child avatars, but rather they just didn't like them. I think I responded that there could be a counter-exodus of businesses from Adult because many viewers would be set with maturity preferences excluding Adult for any account that ever used a child avatar. At the time, General would have seemed the only safe place for child avatars but the revised FAQ makes Mature just as safe now for child and normal avatars, as far as I can tell.

19 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I can't think of other ways griefers could exploit the new TOS changes...hopefully there aren't any.

I really think this griefer filing ARs theory is overblown. Folks ascribe magically malicious AI surveillance powers to Lindens, and then simultaneously believe Lindens couldn't discover an abuse report photo was faked, the product of TPV derendering, or other shenanigans. We call those folks paranoid. I bet they believed the Crock of Medium, too.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I've had a similar encounter.   Just create a small parcel on the ground and lock it down.  My home in world is the same way.   Nobody gets in except trusted friends and the occasional guest. 

Yes I have a parcel set up like that for my Reiki Center. Outsiders can't view inside that parcel or hear discussions, and my security parrot boots them if they enter the space.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The main issue I see about changing to "G" rating is, I don't think there is any 2X prim "G" rating.

The whole west half of Bay City. Also the Sharp Continent's copy of Nova Albion (Ni, Hyperion, Loki, and Hippoden). Both were originally Teen Grid.

[ETA: In stark contrast to your Adult land, though, those are terraform-blocked.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

The whole west half of Bay City. Also the Sharp Continent's copy of Nova Albion (Ni, Hyperion, Loki, and Hippoden). Both were originally Teen Grid.

Is it as expensive as Adult double?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

[ETA: In stark contrast to your Adult land, though, those are terraform-blocked.]

Unfortunately, due to being on the edge of the river by Pengallen Bridge, and due to having neighbors, there's not much terraforming I can actually do.

It's expensive, but at least the G side of Bay City is somewhat less expensive than the M side. Not sure about the others (in part because Nova Albion is always extortion-by-a-madman expensive).

• Thanks 1

Oh are you guys talking about mainland?

My regions aren't on the mainland, and I've never seen an option to order a region or modify one to have double prims when not part of the mainland.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes I have a parcel set up like that for my Reiki Center. Outsiders can't view inside that parcel or hear discussions, and my security parrot boots them if they enter the space.

I would forget the security "parrot" and just set the land below as I have hobbit home.  uncheck 1 and 2.  Put your friends in 3 or assign a group pass to the land and set it in 2.   They don't have to be booted, they can't even get in.  

Or you could set the "sell passes" to a nice price, have them pay to get into grief you, then have your security parrot boot them a few seconds later.   Not saying you should, just you ..... could.  😇

about land.jpg

Edited by Madi Melodious
  • Thanks 1