Lindens Statements from Governance Meeting

1 hour ago, Keira Linden said:

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to pop in here really quickly to thank everyone who attended yesterday and to apologize to those that were not able to get into the regions (we may have set a record for largest user group attendance!). I also wanted to let you all know that if Tommy and I did not get to your question yesterday, it did not go unnoticed. The volume of questions and concerns you all brought to that meeting spoke volumes to your dedication to and admiration of Second Life and the various communities you represented. And, although it felt a little warm up on that stage, it was extraordinary to see this outpouring of concern and I was happy to have been in that hot seat. 

It's going to take us a bit to go through the questions we were not able to answer right away, and I have a few ideas on how to continue conversations that I will be working through in the next few weeks.  Mostly, I wanted to say that even though Tommy and I weren't able to address every question they were seen and will be considered with updates made to the FAQ page as we are able. I only ask that you extend the same patience you showed with us yesterday while we work through these questions and concerns.  I promise you, we are listening, we are reading and we are focused on doing what is right to protect all of our communities.

Thank you!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You're right! Sorry, I did not see you list that option, or say that was an option you planned to follow.

To be fair, a LOT of people say "I'm going to quit because I hate the new rules", etc.  Sure, not so many in the last threads. But once in awhile you see one. I usually assume it is an empty threat.  Like a "flounce".

Considering most people who seem new are ones regurgitated from being a member some years ago, I think it happens fairly often. People leave and years later for whatever reason come back and having to restart an old account or make a new one. 

9 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You can buy cat butthole covers on Amazon. I'm sure some enterprising person can make some to sell on MP.

image.png.22dd0b4d8ad92297729d15daca9d3017.png

Almost missed this!

Who DOESN'T need a "tailhole ornament"?

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That is not what I and some others are hearing. I realize it is not from sources you're comfortable with but that's on you. I see it from both the stories told on social media sites and from people directly when I meet them on another grid.

Convict #1: "Welcome to the Lifer's wing. So, what are you in for?"

Convict #2: "I didn't do nothing!!"

Convict #1 "Of course you didn't, it was a frame up, right?"

Convict #2: "That's right!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am looking forward to new threads on the Forum showing more clothing for furries, especially ferals!

I see sweaters..no pants so far!  Mostly items for anthros (not ferals).  

Getting anthros to wear clothes shouldn't be too hard.

Anthros could easily wear a furry loin-cloth. I think Carnivores could justify wearing a skin from prey, but herbivores might need to wear a fig leaf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I don't think the Lab is so incompetent to let this issue get so out of hand that it endangers their business. 

it's not out of hand, and it doesn't endanger anything.

• Like 3

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Anthros could easily wear a furry loin-cloth.

Surprise, Surprise - I have a large collection 😉 

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think Carnivores could justify wearing a skin from prey, but herbivores might need to wear a fig leaf.

I was going in the direction of hoo-mon style garb.  On lions. LOL. But yeah, a feral lion can wear a loincloth too. I guess (will try).

• Haha 1

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Anthros could easily wear a furry loin-cloth. I think Carnivores could justify wearing a skin from prey, but herbivores might need to wear a fig leaf.

I once met a neko in SL, with a tiger skin tone, who put Zebra print textures on all her clothing.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Convict #1: "Welcome to the Lifer's wing. So, what are you in for?"

Convict #2: "I didn't do nothing!!"

Convict #1 "Of course you didn't, it was a frame up, right?"

Convict #2: "That's right!"

Not really. Convicts tend to be more open with each other and in some ways the severity of their misdeed almost a badge of honour. You're telling stories now that have no basis in reality, as usual.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Yes it is.

There are currently ZERO systems that meet ANY accepted definition of a "metaverse", get over it.

The only "freedom of Expression" is what the service provider chooses to permit. This is true of any system. Online fantasy games don't let you "freely express yourself" by playing as a T-1000 liquid metal Terminator.

It's not relevvant, as this isn't about apathy and responssibility.

It's about people choosing to abide by the legal contract they agreed to, or not, and losing access to the system as a result.

No Tiny Toxic Terror Tots have been or will be gassed and made into lampshades, no matter how much pseudo-intellectual BS you spam this forum with.

Oh look, more pseudo-intellectual BS.

Nope, more self confessed Clueless Interloper Who knows sod all about SSL nonsense.

Every time so far. Take the hint.

Is this like one of those Mills and Boon torrid romance novels my granny used to read.

You hate me and loathe me.. until you don't :) 

You'll deny it Zalificent, but you do seem to be hanging on my every word...

• Haha 2

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

please at least try to read what you write : constantly... where when how?

Yes LL did make some not so smart choices, but with last one not very recently it's less possible to see it as count up including this one, none of the not so smart choices is connected except granting access to adult for kid players.

It's how I am.  I'm not going to change for you.   deal or stop replying

All business makes poor choices, the real challenge is surviving them.   Is this a poor choice?  Time will tell, seems a lot of people think it was and is.   Again, I have faith that they will adjust the policies they are putting based on the customer feedback they are getting.  If they were not interested in that, they would have closed the monster thread, yesterday's question and answers wouldn't have happened, and Keira Linden wouldn't be reading this thread.  Adjusting policies to meet customer feedback is rarely a bad idea.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I realize it is not from sources you're comfortable with 

I see it from both the stories told on social media sites and from people directly when I meet them on another grid.

uncomfortable with what? stories? social media gossip? Other grids? 
Impossible to confirm sources are not relevant.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was going in the direction of hoo-mon style garb.  On lions. LOL. But yeah, a feral lion can wear a loincloth too. I guess (will try).

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight ... ah wombah way ... ah wombah way ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You're telling stories now that have no basis in reality, as usual.

So... Exactly the same ass your claims about all the thousands of poor innocent people who got perma banned for nothing that you heard about on Sh*tter and ArseTome.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JacksonBollock said:

Is this like one of those Mills and Boon torrid romance novels my granny used to read.

You hate me and loathe me.. until you don't :) 

You'll deny it Zalificent, but you do seem to be hanging on my every word...

TalktotheHand.jpg.c5f00fba0c6c23b8b1ebf9ad7ebbdaab.jpg

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

It's how I am.  I'm not going to change for you.   deal or stop replying

If i stop replying it's because trying to have a conversation with a to deep in their role stick kid is pretty useless... stamping feet and obnoxious denial mode is best kept on a little distance, after a while you'll come back to ask for a cookie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

If i stop replying ... 

I'll stop responding to you then because I've ether determined one of two things.

1. You really don't know what you are talking about.
  2. You are just trolling me trying to get a rise.

If it's 1, then you seem to be unwilling to listen to any one else option, so "not worth my time."  If 2, will never happen but still, "not worth my time.'

so, 

💖Be Well 💖

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am looking forward to new threads on the Forum showing more clothing for furries

That's just clothing for Maitreya, Reborn, Jake, Kario, CZ Slim, Anatomy, Legacy M/F, etc.

Most current furries use human bodies and shop in like...Addams.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I'll stop responding to you then because I've ether determined one of two things.

If it's 1, then you seem to be unwilling to listen to any one else option, so "not worth my time."  If 2, will never happen but still, "not worth my time.'

so, 

💖Be Well 💖

Don't take it personally, some people just have to get the last word, and keep going if anyone disagrees with them. 

It's normal, but super annoying until you get used to whoever it is and just ignore them.

4 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

so, 

💖Be Well 💖

Madi your discussion ended the moment the TOS was accepted and LL started explaining on the special page.
There will be small addaptions, but all the rest is final.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am looking forward to new threads on the Forum showing more clothing for furries

That's just clothing for Maitreya, Reborn, Jake, Kario, CZ Slim, Anatomy, Legacy M/F, etc.

Most current furries use human bodies and shop in like...Addams.

I don't care for most "human body lions" (except my own Nekos), so gravitate more towards full lions (ferals). Luckily, there are only so many of them. 

Just a "thing"! To me, all the "human body lions" look about the same.  @Robberinthemuseumtold me about a nice one awhile back, but have I worn it? Nope. Will I? Maybe. Same with one I got from a teaser at the Skin Fair.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Don't take it personally, some people just have to get the last word, and keep going if anyone disagrees with them. 

It's normal, but super annoying until you get used to whoever it is and just ignore them.

Is that why your postings never stop? Asking for a friend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2