Modesty Patch Discussion

2 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Well then ya got screwed. Age up your avatar a few years then.  In SL you can't wear it simple as that.  How many times have people said SL is not RL yet they sure are referencing it A LOT on this topic.

If you think in any way, shape or form SL is going to go less than this or get rid of it, I doubt it. People should be thankful that they didn't go further than underwear and require a biker short style of the panel from your groin to upper legs. 

Rest assured you can still wear the short skirts.

I agree and think LL have been very reasonable. The only content those modesty layers break are content that kid avatars shouldn't be wearing anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Madi Melodious said:

I'm not going to tell them to use their best judgement.    I'm not going to handwave away this issue. 

They have both bodies in their library.. With outfit folders it's not a problem I wouldn't think..

I mean I have a bunch of different mesh bodies set up with outfit folders.. It's a couple of seconds to make the switch..

So they can feel one way one moment and maybe later in the day feel like switching and it's  quick quick, off and running.:)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They have both bodies in their library.. With outfit folders it's not a problem I wouldn't think..

I mean I have a bunch of different mesh bodies set up with outfit folders.. It's a couple of seconds to make the switch..

So they can feel one way one moment and maybe later in the day feel like switching and it's  quick quick, off and running.:)

To be fair, SL never said that they modified the Senra bodies. Just that they used the picture of them for examples. 

Unless I misunderstood and the Senra bodies now do have the modesty panels, which would be AWESOME btw.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Also can I just say that I was pleasantly surprised that LL didn't end up insisting boy's have a chest modesty layer. The FAQ also had quite a bit of reassurance so I'm glad we did discuss what we did since it's very obvious LL took into account what we said. 

YES! +1

• Like 2

I honestly don't see how the modesty layers need to be discussed anymore really. They are very reasonable and a lot better than I feared they would be in regards to breaking existing content. Identity issues in SL aren't really a thing in the sense you can present as a different gender / sex at any time. As I said earlier: 

If you're a boy one day then present as a boy: wear boy clothing, hair etc and make sure you're wearing at least the boy's modesty layer. 

If you're a girl another day, wear girl's clothing, hair etc and make sure you're wearing both the chest and undie layers. 

At no point should anyone be able to insist they don't need to wear the chest modesty layer if they are very visibly a girl with a defined chest area etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

They could have easily gotten by with the female top panel just covering the breasts, without the side and back strap.  

I don't have any avatars that play teens, but I still think that they shouldn't have to suffer, clothing wise, because LL wants them to dress the same as younger child avatars.

Yes, I know SL is not RL -- and I have said that myself -- but still..............

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Top covering is little overkill in my opinion anyways. There is very little, if anything to distinguish a prepubescent girls chest from a prepubescent boys chest. 

I think it's more for teenage avatars since they still count as under 18 legally and are chilren in the eyes of the law. 

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

To be fair, SL never said that they modified the Senra bodies. Just that they used the picture of them for examples. 

Unless I misunderstood and the Senra bodies now do have the modesty panels, which would be AWESOME btw.

Senras don't need it to be part of the body, they can use a modesty layer skin.

But honestly, I haven't logged in all week to really know for sure if they have those layers in their skin.. I doubt they would be built into the body.. but there is two different bodies  they can use if they choose.

But if they want to switch one day or one  hour to the next.. They can just use the same body and have and have one folder use one skin and the other folder use another skin with the different modesty layers..

It doesn't have to be a body, it can just be  the skin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I think it's more for teenage avatars since they still count as under 18 legally and are chilren in the eyes of the law. 

Yeah it's just gonna ruin some girls/teens tops and swimsuits, looks pretty silly to be wearing a bra with a swimsuit like this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/training-swimsuit-Rebirth-Full-Perm/22398807

and that's just your normal swimsuit. Two piece swimsuits will be even more iffy.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It doesn't have to be a body, it can just be  the skin.

Then why was it said that the body creators needed to make it and make in not removeable?

Just now, Leslie Trihey said:

Yeah it's just gonna ruin some girls/teens tops and swimsuits, looks pretty silly to be wearing a bra with a swimsuit like this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/training-swimsuit-Rebirth-Full-Perm/22398807

and that's just your normal swimsuit. Two piece swimsuits will be even more iffy.

Ok well....this is a great opportunity for creators of under 18 clothing.

"compatible to cover the required modesty panel"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Swim suits will probably need custom ones .. they could cover the entirety of the area covered by the swim suit, although we need to ask about removing side and back straps and such tomorrow

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Then why was it said that the body creators needed to make it and make in not removeable?

I would guess if the body isn't bom they would need to have one. But if a body is bom  and you have a system skin on. It doesn't matter if you body doesn't rez or your clothes don't rez..

You won't be nude..Nobody can derez your skin..By skin I mean system skin, not tattoo layer skin..

ETA: I went and found the section that pertains to what you are asking..

Child avatar content creators are required to add a modesty layer which is baked into child avatar skins or bodies, is not transparent, does not match the skin tone, and may not be removed.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Ok well....this is a great opportunity for creators of under 18 clothing.

"compatible to cover the required modesty panel"

Yeah that's cool for the creators not for the people that already spent money. But that's a repeating argument. On a different note; After all the effort that some women have gone through in attempting to desexualize breasts/chests so they can topless once in awhile this does feel like a step backwards. I'm not saying kids should be topless but, y'know #freethenipple

Edited by Leslie Trihey
Bolded so no one else can take what I said out of context.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Swim suits will probably need custom ones .. they could cover the entirety of the area covered by the swim suit, although we need to ask about removing side and back straps and such tomorrow

Yeah I'm going to try and be there, but I'm sure their are a few people that will already cover my concerns.

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They could have easily gotten by with the female top panel just covering the breasts, without the side and back strap.  

I don't have any avatars that play teens, but I still think that they shouldn't have to suffer, clothing wise, because LL wants them to dress the same as younger child avatars.

Yes, I know SL is not RL -- and I have said that myself -- but still..............

This is another question that could be brought up at the meeting, though I don't personally think there'd be much wrong with a creator making a skin with a modesty bra that can accommodate a top or gown with a lower cut or cutouts or straps (in the back). As long as the front has full-coverage, of course, like one of those magical bras.

Teens do wear prom dresses, after all.

D24NY24080_CAPRI_PROM_PRO2_1228?wid=1080

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

This is another question that could be brought up at the meeting, though I don't personally think there'd be much wrong with a creator making a skin with a modesty bra that can accommodate a top or gown with a lower cut or cutouts or straps (in the back). As long as the front has full-coverage, of course, like one of those magical bras.

Teens do wear prom dresses, after all.

D24NY24080_CAPRI_PROM_PRO2_1228?wid=1080

Is that tulle?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Yeah that's cool for the creators not for the people that already spent money. But that's a repeating argument. On a different note; After all the effort that some women have gone through in attempting to desexualize breasts/chests so they can topless once in awhile this does feel like a step backwards. I'm not saying kids should be topless but, y'know #freethenipple

You are not seriously using the hashtag #freethenipple in reference to child avatars are you? Nothing is forbidden for adult avatars to go topless and wave them in the air.

You are not doing the Child Avatar community any favors here with this post.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Things like 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DD-Quinn-Dress-Fatpack/22238725

[DD] Quinn Dress Fatpack

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DD-Cyberpunk-All-Inclusive-Fatpack/20771219

[DD] Cyberpunk All-Inclusive Fatpack

Especially considering the age range were talking about is everything up to 17

Yes, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of that clothing.  Teens should be able to wear it.

• Like 5

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

You are not seriously using the hashtag #freethenipple in reference to child avatars are you? Nothing is forbidden for adult avatars to go topless and wave them in the air.

You are not doing the Child Avatar community any favors here with this post.

Did I really need to put "I'm not saying kid's should be topless" in bold? Guess I should have. I'm just saying, as someone that's been helping to fight the sexualization of that area of the body, I find it a bit stupid.

• Like 1

I use an adult avatar but am very petite (5'6") and my skin makes me look quite young, so I imagine many people assume that I'm roleplaying a teenager. I'm going to be wearing modesty layers from now on just to be on the safe side. 

• Sad 1